1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Not sure where to post

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by nicld, Jan 6, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

....but this might be a good spot since it is about trying to Heal the Hormones (if not right, let me know and I can move it :) .

Feeling a bit sad and frustrated today.

I am still trying to make sense of my last set of labs and in reading some more stuff, I KNOW that I had adrenal fatigue and a cortisol crash a number of years ago. I was reading an article called Steroidal Hormone Balance “The 11th FHC” from William L Wolcott, Winthrop, January 2009 and it said that “Commonly, will recognize that they have a lot of stress in their lives, and they’re juggling a lot of balls in the air, but they feel great and think they’re handling the stress well – plus they have high energy and a sense of well-being )all thanks to the high output of the adrenal hormones).” They also state it is kinda like pressing the gas pedal down all the way and never letting up. That was me, I was going back to college for an engineering degree due to a stressful work situation, working full time at night, intense workouts to lose weight, diagnosed with celiac and major stress with the youngest DD. I knew it when it crashed yet no doctor recognized it and I did not have the knowledge to help myself.

I will be sending my hormone doc my new tests results and will wait to see what he says. I need to relisten to the Hormone Boot camp this week too and hope that Dr Tim rolls out his new plan for the new year. Insurance year just restarted so I have funds that I need to use on me soon and really need help figuring out how all these labs are related cause it’s making my head hurt.

My question is, if all of my other hormones are off to keep cortisol all happy and balanced (which tests results indicate cortisol levels are happy right now) then how do I fix the cortisol issue so the other hormones don’t suffer and can get balanced again? I am already eating epi-paleo, reduced EMF's, wearing blue blockers and getting TONS of cold CT.

I am sure feeling this way is not helped by the fact that I sat out in the freezing cold yesterday (which was not too bad) and watch my football team lose in the playoffs, got home way past bedtime so a bit tired, ate a bit suboptimal yesterday and am still frustrated that I have not been able to lose any weight. The HCG I have is calling me but with the hormones still being so far whacked, any loss would not stick and would be a waste of my time.

Plus the news said this morning that today is the most depressing day of the year and so far, between the car not starting, the #stupidcold temps and work issues it turning out that way.

My New Year’s resolution will be to figure out these hormones and to try and keep the negative body image thought OUT of the head.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Speaking of steroid hormones, in healthy person, in the drop of blood, if you measure the most significant hormones,
    by weight,
    DHEAs participation is 95%

Your first order of business is to make sure that you have good DHEAs levels.
    All other come latter.

Women 275-400 μg/dL

Keep popping DHEA pills until you get there.

Use this test at LabCorp to do the measurement;
    Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate--Test Number: 004020 CPT Code: 82627

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  3. nicld

nicld Gold

That is actually one level that showed very good levels, 197 mcg/dL . I do supplement with a little cream, no pills. The pills for me turned into testosterone and had left me with horrible cystic acne. The cream has worked much better and no more acne.