1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nose running in the cold

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by LisaLearning, Sep 26, 2015.

1. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I am I the only one whose nose runs in the cold? It doesn't run if I spot CT, but when I get in a cold enough bath for CT, it runs. It's getting to the point where the skin on my nose is getting slightly cracked from all the nose running due to CT.

Anyone know what causes this? I saw this otolaryngologist about something else back when I was at uni, and I mentioned it to her and she said something like it was akin to an allergic reaction, similar to people allergic to perfume, which sounded really odd. She gave me some ipratropium bromide nasal spray and that would keep me drip-free if I had to be out in the cold for a long time at an event or something, but is there anything else to be done to ameliorate this cold reaction?

2. endless

endless New Member

I don't know but my nose runs in cold air.....always has. I don't think I've noticed it during CT though.

3. Alla_Ellis

Alla_Ellis New Member

Mine always runs in the cold, my eyes are staring to do this too, they are becoming hyper sensitive to dust, pollen, makeup, wind. Thought my eyesight is getting better and better with each day

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Funny.........I have not had a runny noise once since I relocated. Never thought about it til this thread.

5. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Hi Alla...wind makes my eyes water too (altho I don't have any pollen issues/hay fever), but I know this is a sign of dry eyes, the wind blows and my slightly dry eyes water, it's called epiphora.

Jack, if it's windy enough my eyes will water, but the cold majorly triggers the runny nose/eyes.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well we get massive winds here off the gulf and lake. and I have not noted it. I will pay better attn