1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Northeastern Winter Sunlight Protocols?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Mark Osinski, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

Would anybody be so kind as to point me in the right direction...

We are in a weather pattern in Boston this fall where it rains more often that it is sunny. We are also approaching the very short days of daylight standard time where daylight of any sort will be limited. I am not asking for advice to move locations or take a vacation to Mexico here, but rather asking if we should still go outside for the sunrise, barefoot, for morning light or if that is futile for the next few months? Any advice as to what is recommended is appreciated.

MarkO

2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes it’s still advised since a certain amount of UV still comes through the clouds. I’m far less motivated when the sun is hiding but I do go out. On the nastiest days it may not be long, but it’s still important for the body to register the changing color temperature throughout the day. I’m still a bit confused about the benefits of just being near a window, but that’s what I try to do when not outside.

Mark Osinski likes this.
  3. kris90

kris90 New Member

You have to remember your eye has a dual function: eye camera and eye clock. The eye camera works on visible light while the eye clock works mostly on the non-visible spectrum. Therefore the frequencies you CANNOT see are the frequencies your eye clock uses to function.

That means that while your brain is not perceiving a lot of visible light, every mitochondria in your body is still sensing the light environment that you cannot visually perceive. So you must get out every morning to absorb the AM frequencies, sunny, rainy, cloudy or snowy.

Jason Yun and Mark Osinski like this.
  4. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

Just to clarify - I was under the impression that UVB is not available at all in Boston during the winter months. I am not sure if this is the same for UVA? Therefore, what I think you are saying is we should still try to get that morning sunlight (red/blue) as much as possible regardless of the clouds or very short days?

Thanks. Mark

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Lets put it this way.
    The restaurant crew in Chicago's restaurant,
    did not knew anything about anything,
    in retrospect they were guinea pigs.
    The whole crew was (fully dress), healthy, (in the basement), newer sick for over 20 years.
    Variety of working time, so no particular timing.
    That was attributed to a black light that was a part of decoration in that place.
    The place was mostly dim.
    Black light=UVa
    --------------------------------------
    So anything on either side of UVa is a gravy.

Think that we might have came from (under) Proto-Saturn, (not that long ago). (So add IR).

[​IMG]
    ===============================
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRQ47Q8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    UV Light Black Light, HouLight High Power 50W Ultra Violet UV LED Flood Light IP65-Waterproof (85V-265V AC)
    wavelength: 385-400nm, UVA level.

[​IMG]
    ==============================

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-11#post-176659

"Well of the Sea," in the basement of the Hotel Sherman in Chicago.

================================

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

Ahhhh. Something I was curious about was whether a "LED" UV bulb would be equivalent to what they would have used in the restaurant back then.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not really sure so I use all three.
    ----------------------
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006MQSR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    American Dj Black 48 Blb 4Ft Blacklight Tube And Fixture
    UV Lamp Wavelength: 365nm.

I do not see this light.
    ----------------------

[​IMG]

Sperti Fiji SUN Table Top Tanning Lamp
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ID8P78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see very well when this one works.
    ------------------------------------------

//

Sheddie likes this.
  8. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes. I suggest reading the CT series, particularly CT 4 and CT 6 blogs. eNOS is the key to understanding the metabolic trapdoor in the eye. Neuropsin is our UV light detector on the cornea. When UV light goes away and temperatures fall, the pathway is activated. This is why CT is key, and AM sun still is important year round.