1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Non alcoholic fatty liver disease - Resveratrol

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by healthy2015, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Hi
    A friend of ours has non alcoholic fatty liver disease so after reading here and a few other places has seen some massive improvements.

We know he has:

Low magnesium
    Low vitamin d

and probably other low blood results

He has spent since the start of january this year with his belly out first thing for at least an hour in the morning, several hours durig the middle of the day and for at least an hour every evening whilst grounding (hot water bottles on feet when really cold) even through the harsh winter months of the UK ( he wears several zip tops open exosing his liver/gut even at 4:30am/5:00am whatever sunrise is until he can tolerate the cold mornings/evenings in the uk without a top on) However he really wasnt feling that anything was improving despite only using candles in the evening, no wifi, iris on the pc, eating seaford everyday, has checked surroundings with meters etc.

However i saw dr kruses post about using magnesium to raise vitamin D
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/vitamin-d-levels-are-a-proxy-for-redox-rx.24018/

I believe from reading that those with fatty liver disease nearly always have low magnesium and no matter how many hours he spent outside grounding which some days would be 7 hours + he still had no energy and felt rubbish.

So for the last 10 days ish we suggested he eat 90% lindt dark chocolate for a magnesium boost which then lead me to read up about the benefits of resveratrol which he will also get from the dark chocolate and i found this

https://www.spandidos-publications.com/etm/18/1/559

Obviously he would like to drink to drink the red wine dr kruse recommends but cant because of the fatty liver (he has not drunk alchol for over 20 years) and since eating the dark chocolate has noticed an amazing change in energy which and feels a whole lot better its has been pretty amazing!!!!

The only downside has been hes sleeps is sometimes not that great although some nights it is still fine but he is still feeling a hell of a lot better even with some poor nights sleep. But even though hes sleep was better before the dark chocolate he felt worse sleeping right through!!

We have all been surprised and hope the extra magnesium will raise his mag levels when testing again and also help to raise his vitamin d levels as per dr kruses thread above.

One question i have and one other thing to mention is he feels he gets a better boost from eating the lindt outside regardless of how crap the weather is here in the uk with his liver/belly exposed and grounding but my only concern is, would eating 1 whole bar a day of 90% dark chocolate be too much as this is hes current regime????

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I am not a health practitioner, but I wouldn't dare recommend alcoholic beverages (wine) to a NAFL patient. Alcohol is a liver poison in any amount. By the way, did I mention alcohol is a liver poison?

If I had to hazard a guess about causes of his poor sleep I would venture to say that a toxic liver and leaky gut is probably one of the biggest potential problems there. Recirculating endotoxins from a dysbiotic GI tract is very well known to cause neuroinflammation. An inflamed brain can keep you lying in bed, tired but unable to drift off to slumberland because your mind is going 90 miles an hour. Magnesium, as you noted, can help with symptomatic relief because it is a natural relaxant.

Some study of natural treatments for NAFL leads me to believe there are potentially many effective treatments for the disease with herbs, liver detox, etc.

While dark chocolate could be helpful, if it has lots of added sugar (like most products do) you are shooting yourself in the foot.

A good liver detox protocol would be an excellent idea, together with coffee enemas and use of cholegogues (bile stimulents) to avoid choleostasis and keep bile flow copious out of liver into upper GI tract.

Good luck to your friend.