1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Weighed today. Despite the fact that I am same weight as 5 days ago - it was a non emotional issue. yay for sanity.

I have injured my leg/hip. It hurts like a MOFO. Interfering with sleep. I have decided sleep is more important than holy, so I'm taking a pain killer tonight a few hrs before bed. I hope it doesn't interfere with the overnight healing. It seems the injury is getting worse not better - so I think the pain/sleep is preventing a quick heal.

Today is skip a dose day. I like skip a dose day. I had to cancel appointments as I can NOT get in and out of my car. I'm lame! Literally.

Is it wrong that I'm a little excited and looking forward to the Vicodin? They make me happy. And I'm really looking forward to a little relief from this relenting PAIN IN THE HIP

2. Pain worse! As of now I can't put any weight on that leg. I just tried crawling into bed to lay still and try and relax and kind of got stuck. My back went out about 15 years ago, and this feels like that. Except on my upper leg/buttock. Right one if you care.

Sitting down and getting up is moan inducing painful.

I know I know, I should CT and ICE. But, I'm on the HCG and I don't want to mess up how well that is going. I have never been to a chiropractor, but perhaps I will do that tomorrow. Or the emergency clinic. The thought of trying to get in and out of the car makes baby jesus weep.

Took a vicodin that was leftover from when I was pregnant. So it's about 6 years old. Here is hoping it still works. I hope to fall asleep until tomorrow.

Boulder area peeps, got a Chiro you recommend?

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Cavemam, I had pain like that once from overexercising. It was my left glut/leg area and I didn't see a doc for it until I couldn't walk anymore. That wasn't a good idea in my case. He prescribed anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers and I wasn't allowed to do anything for weeks. Not saying you should take the meds, but letting you know that I got permanent nerve damage from it.... my left/front thigh I don't have any sensation anymore.

Definitely have it looked at and treated if necessary.

4. Well, Made an appointment for in the a.m. with these people http://inspirelifechiropractic.com/

I found them by googling paleo chiropractor. Appointment 9:15. Now, if I could just sleep till then.

5. ok, must confess -always though Chiropractors were full of BS, but I'm trying to QUESTION EVERYTHING. So I will go, it's just money! Or perhaps the vicodin is kicking in. I should have ask about insurance before I booked - but I got so excited about them being all paleoish.

6. ealachan

ealachan New Member

That sounds a whole lot like sciatica. I hope the vicodin allows you to sleep, and you get fixed up tomorrow. Sciatica SUUUUUUCKS.

7. Yea, the googles say that too. The vicodin is working!! I hate just laying around, but it's nice to have some relief. The bummer is I have a full weekend of clients scheduled!!! NOT GOOD.

8. Mery

Mery Silver

Hi Cavemam have look at the Bowen Technique, NST Bowen, and EMMETT technique they are good for aches and pain and siatica i know they work hope you can find someone over there.

9. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Good luck with the chiro today. I think many of them are really on the cutting edge of good nutrition & lifestyle. Phil Maffetone was a pioneer and got a lot of people, pro athletes, included, to cut grains and quit the chronic cardio.

10. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Chiros have helped both me and hubby ENORMOUSLY over the years. Our latest has a Master's in sports something-or-other (sorry, brain not awake yet) so he REALLY knows his stuff. He uses deep tissue massage, a muscle stimulator to relax things, ice and chiropractic techniques to put things to right. He is AWEsome!

OK, I've been thinking about this for days ... are you the one who said they were eating a bit of fruit so the protein wouldn't convert to glucose? Cause if you were, that's not gonna work. Fruit does not contain glucose. It is FRUCtose which goes straight to your liver, is converted to triglycerides and stored as F.A.T. Berries being very low in fructose makes them a great choice, however. MAN my thinking is slow this summer ... heat and not enough sleep.

blech.

Hope your hip is better!!!!

11. Went to chiro - thinks its slipped disk. Getting X-ray now. The woo woo was deep - but I was open! Funny how pain makes one want to try things. Thanks for all the comments on your experience. Helps!

Chiro was interested in Jack - gonna check it out.

Shall take X-ray back to chiro as soon as done.

Also Darleen, thanks for fruit comment - my fruit has been strawberries!

12. Here is me trying to remain objective and open minded. I really like the chiro - but as I sit here reading all the N.E.T. Posters and over hear about "needing" regular adjustments my overly critical paranoid flags go up.

Can't wait to see what X-ray shows. Anybody got comments/experience with NET meridian stuff? Acupuncture?

I hate waiting - but the fun news was the large/XL X-ray shorts were falling off of me.

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I love acupuncture and I'm pretty sure it helped my AF a few years ago when I didn't really know I had it. I always nap thru it.

14. It could be the pain talking but I simply think homeopathic anything is a load of crap. Anybody want to fight over it?

15. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I have the same skeptical problem with Chiros. I want to like them, I do...but having to keep going back again and again smacks of quackery to me. I know, I know, you go back to the normal doctor or the dentist regularly too, but...I dunno. Skeptical.

16. Hi ladies,

You might be interested to know that there are a couple of manufacturers who make customized ski boots that supposedly can fit pretty much any foot.

http://www.fischersports.com/en/Alpine/Technologies/Highlights/VACUUM-FIT

http://www.strolz.at/skischuh/index.php

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You do not have to go back again and again ... unless your chiro is a quack. I treat my chiro like my massage therapist. I go for tuneups to keep everything working correctly. Frankly I'd ignore the crap on the internet and use my own judgement. If you like the chiro and she/he helps relieve the pain then you've got a winner.

My first trips to my now-retired chiro took about 6 visits to get everything back in place. The pain was in my lower back/hip and it took 2 visits to get the pain to stop ... my regular doc didn't have a clue what was wrong. The other 4 visits kept the adjustment from slipping back to where I was hurting. I'm not a chiro so don't have any better explanation.

I have given up on my neck. I injured it when I was about 8 or so and it's never been the same. I can get it adjusted and it goes back out with a day or two. So I live with it. When I DO get an adjustment it sounds like gunfire, LOL.

My hip, OTOH never bothered me again.

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Anna, nobody knows for sure. I posted some thoughts about it in my journal. No answers from anyone yet, though.

19. Hi Anna,

In theory, a low dose of HCG along with CT should be compatible with the diet and produce similar results. A few brave souls have tried it (Colleen the HCG master) and they found more hunger and less losses.

I still think there is a way to fine tune it and tweak - but I didn't want to experiment THAT much, If I was going to eat like that for 6 weeks, and deal with the damage to my body from that - I sure didn't want to get to the end and have suffered through the hunger with no weight loss.

I really want to try some winter version of CT/HCG combo that involves lots of deep sleep. Perhaps by Jan/Feb I will give something like that a shot if my health seems to be back towards optimal by then.

In retrospect, some spot icing on an inflammed injury seems like a much more reasonable way to go. I can suffer through a few days of hunger if that indeed would be the outcome. . . I've gone so far on this HCG thing "being perfect", I was a little panicked through pain and lack of sleep. I'm feeling more reasonable today and shall ice.

20. For the last year I've been a low carb paleo + raw grassfed hwc and butter. have been doing the Leptin reset since February. The year before that I was about 70% paleo with too many excuses for holidays/happy days/sad days/binge days etc.