1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ealachan

ealachan New Member

The cupcake picture is cute, but I like this picture better. I understand the "have your cake and eat it too" tagline, but...I don't know. I just think this picture is very appealing while still looking sort of professional, which, when it comes right down to it, is what I'd want someone who was helping me buy a house to be.

Also, FWIW, your comment about "would the public be disgusted by seeing a fat girl eating a cupcake" really spoke to me. First of all because you don't look even remotely fat in any recent picture I've ever seen of you, and second of all because that was what kept me from going to culinary school after high school. I was completely convinced that no one would take me seriously, because oh hey, fat girl constantly around food, what a shocker. It's hard to explain, but...yeah. I get it.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

FWIW ... I like this the best - more professional. You look so young - How do you do that???

3. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

#3 is very good but doesn't quite show the personality of #1. It looks a bit too posed for me. I love "the have your cake and eat it, too" biz. As much as we think people around here are all fitness nuts, there are many, many who are not and will relate to someone who seems down-to-earth, not a super-fit freak.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Love this.

What can't you have this at the top of your marketing promo. And at the bottom have the tag line "have your cake & eat it too" with the cupcake picture. The combo of them both will definitely sell

5. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Yes! I like the combo idea.

6. LinD

LinD New Member

I love this pic!

You have a very confident and satisfied look on your face.

7. LinD

LinD New Member

This one, that is.

8. LinD

LinD New Member

What in the world? The pic is not appearing. Sorry! But it's the one of you and no cake.

Aha- it did finally show.

It's just the drugs..... Never mind me.

9. LinD

LinD New Member

I'm stubborn, so trying again. LOL

10. If a male perspective is welcome, I vote for #3. Just you. No prop.

You radiate confidence but look approachable too.

To me, the narratives are "I just sold the wall I'm leaning on. I got everything I wanted. Everyone involved was thrilled. I made it look easy."

The cupcake is a great picture and a whimsical idea, but when it comes to bidness, I wouldn't seek out cute... I would want a pro.

11. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

well said greno. I have a similar reaction to car salesmen who use their kids as pitchmen. Tell me I should buy a car from you because you're honest, you know what you're selling, you provide great after sales assistance but not because you think your children are adorable.

12. thank thank thank all! I'm getting closer to firming up the whole thing. Your input is mucho valuable to moi.

13. I'm the mom at the park texting on her phone to leave all the hover-adrenal stressed-moms to interfere with The Lord of the Flies vibe when kids play like they want.

Thanks future hypothyroid mom! I'm enjoying catching up on the forum.

14. 207.6, not suprised at the raise - ate out for dinner last night. God choices that had seafood, seaweed, lots of spices and veggies - but probably just as much sugar and msg. Can't win at everything now can ya.

Friend just had twins, this is a friend that became a friend because we were both paleo a year ago. Fast forward - she isn't paleo anymore and mcD's plays heavy in their rotation. This is what happens when we don't have an actual villiage to help raise our children.

SO, the walk through "holiday cooking aisles" at the stores is driving me nuts. I miss all the fun (and easier!) holiday/family cooking stuff. So I'm going to make her some packaged/processed casseroles in cute aluminum pans with bows and sweet labels. They are going to eat crap anyways - I'm at peace with this.

I still feed her boys our stuff when they eat here - but I want to do something for them, and this is something that will be a gift TO THEM. To me it would be "why are you trying to kill us", but we can't all be the same now can we.

15. The main reason is they won't enjoy that as much. I think it's rude and judgemental to force my choices on someone else, and this is something I want to be a blessing for them. If it's a blessing is all in the perception . . .the fact that I made something THEY LIKE seems better.

Also, For less money and time I can make them three CW meals that they will really appreciate and enjoy receiving MUCH more than the one paleo casserole that comes with judgement.

I did give a passing thought to the "would you give heroine to an addict"., but frankly I see this is different.

They went off it as they didn't see the reward in relation to the effort and cost. They are naturally thin people, so there is nothing obvious like weight to deal with. And, if you have kids - it's not an easy thing to make your kids be the ones that don't fit in, Mom is a very social extrovert and that kind of "deprivation" was too harmful in her opinion.

Note that all the moms with multiple kids here are fairly introverted and wouldn't put much value to "being normal" that a real extroverted person does.

It's very very tough to prepare all these perfect meals and provide this life for your family. I think meals and pleasure from them are a part of the mental makeup of homo's, and expecting everyone to dismiss that aspect of life is being deliberately obtuse and blind to reality.

16. My tone was snippy - sorry!

17. Not really hungry per se, but feeling a need to eat some carbs so I ate a little brown rice with salt and butter since I had that handy (from evil casserole production). It didn't feel like a craving-craving, but something my body needed. I wonder if the easy energy is wanted to support fever and infection fighting. I have both. Like my body going through the trouble of making glucose in the liver is an extra step and the body CAN do it easier and save resources for other things.

The nose pain goes down into my teeth. It gives me the wierd sensation of really wanting to floss hard.

My energy is suspiciously high considering. I've got a lot going on today (showing, two kid friends for dinner and playdate, cooking dinner for my family, working on writing copy for PR thingy. I'm not in that space of "omg I wish I could just go to bed", more like. . .ok, lets put on the headphones and just do this stuff and wait out the pain/discomfort.

The only thing really whacked on my profile is my low iron. I stopped the supplimenting and heavy liver eating for the last couple of months so I go below the bottom of range and thus can get the iron infusion.

I wonder if the low Iron is contributor to virus/infections.

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

It's a snippy kind of day. I don't know about you but I have been trying to multi=task. hahahahahaha. And at my age. pfbbbt.

the result is I come across as bitchy, distant, snippy, snarky ... we need more emoticons.!!!!

19. You are probably right, I think there is so much that goes into play when one is sick (emotional, psychological) that it's hard to seperate fact from fiction.

I keep coming back to the livers production of glucose tho. . .clearly we are set up that we can process starches/carbs/fruit whatever.. . so why would we have this ability unless there was a place for it.

Is it simply a backup plan in case primary food source unavail? That doesn't quite sound right to me. Unsure.

20. janagram

janagram New Member

good reminder, Anna...about sugar competing for vit.C...

cavemam, the pics are great! Love the one with you leaning on the wall. 

I too have a headcold from hell...I am taking "Psuedo" (breaking bad)...sudafed!!! I never take drug store nostrums, but in the case of exploding head...I go straight for sudafed. Which you now have to let them scan your dr. license to get. It helps so much its just worth it. Hope you're getting better.