1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hot, Hot and HOT! I could not not resist talking to my landscaper who was toiling in the heat about taking a cold bath. I really really hope he tries it next week.

Day 11 on HCG today. Appetite easy enough to control. Still cooking and preparing for the family - and when the smells of their dinner start wafting around I do get tummy growly. I eat at that time and it seems to abate relatively quickly.

I do miss my optimal coffee in the a.m. But it's a "miss" and not a craving.

I have high hopes for making great optimal strides this winter. I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but if HCG is working with me - then hopefully winter CT and becoming cold/dark/sleepy at the appropriate time of year will have some great benefits.

Anybody got a spare Japanese soaking tub? I'm a looking on craigslist regularly in hopes one pops up.

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Waaaay too hot. Friend and I went to the Boulder Creek to cool off.... way too many people had the same idea :rolleyes:

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I still want my Yome..... a combo of a Yurt and a Dome. Kinda like a better tent. With a wood stove for the winters.... or not? On a huge piece of land..... couple of dogs, and some steaks grazing. You got something like that? With a husband to go with?

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Ditto on the hot hot hot. If I wanted heat, I'd live in Phoenix. Guess mother nature has her own mind. The new backyard sounds phenomenal. Now you can hang out and not worry about what the silly neanderthals next door think :).

5. Day 15. Skipping a dose (Thanks for all the help Colleen).

It's 10 a.m., no hunger.

It's fire central here and that is interfering with thing. Email to phone keeps going down for hours at a time. Hosting some evacuees for a couple of days. Was in Boulder yesterday, saw all the fire trucks - then the fire. Yikes!

I was in Boulder to get an ultrasound and a balloon ultrasound (PAINFUL!!!). I did pass out when sitting up afterward. I should have taken the drugs offered, but I was afraid it would interfere with HCG and my goal of not ingesting anything other than the 500 superfood calories.

GOOD NEWS. They found nothing, NADA, Zip. Not one fibroid - said it was the best looking ovaries she's seen in a while. Yay for 2nd opinions.

My personal hypothesis is that all the intense CT was working as it should, and clearing my cells out - thus flooding my body with crazy and old hormones. Could there be some kind of deterioration over time. . .like I am almost at my lowest weight since 2nd grade. Could there really be fat cells in there holding on to hormones from those times? And if so, isn't it more likely that they would degrade and change over time to become more toxic to the body - thus causing your body to want to keep it under wraps even more?

I am meeting with the Lady Doc from here (Cindy) at the end of July. She's a supporter of Jack and all of this and she is going to help me with hormone testing - and hopefully we can find out what's going on. As Jack says. . .test test test.

I must say, getting GOOD results from testing is worth going through it all. I was so thrilled to find out the parts were all in good shape down there.

I still there there MUST be something not working in my body - otherwise I would not have weighed 200 lbds in 6th grade.

Irony is in my thoughts for today. I've been the polar opposite of the world my entire life in just about every way. I was the fatkid when there were not 10 other ones. I was it in my grade. Now I'm sure if you go to the same rural school the fat kid is probably the majority.

Now I'm becoming healthier every day, It looks like the rest of the world is deteriorating all around me.

Nature wants me to only live another 20 years then to die and make room for a new reproducer. Know thy enemy. Nature, I've got your number and I'm going to give you just enough rope to hang yourself.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Cavemam, I'm considering the apt with Cindy.... why'd it take so long to get the apt? Do you know how follow-ups work? How often does one have to drive out there? Dr Kalish alerted me to how important a good P level is for brain healing... so hormones have moved up on the priority list.

Thanks for taking a couple of evacuees. Not fun having to sleep on a school floor.... Nothin' was working last night. My roommate tried to call me once he found out what was happening and he sent about a thousand texts, none went through, and all his calls went to my voicemail. We've got military planes flying over our heads at all times now. But that's a good thing.

7. Re appt with Cindy: She was booked about 2 months out. She did send me an email apologizing for the wait - good sign right?

Because of the time delay - and my panic over the last TOM issues, I went ahead and did the ultrasound at Boulders Womens Clinic (do not like!) it was unpleasant but I loved the tech and I think they were competent. So I feel the results are accurate.

She said in an email she has several patients from very far away, and tries to keep appointments to a minimum. I'm going to send over info well in advance advising that I am now not needing eval for firbroids etc, and that my focus is on hormones and other testing. I am going to get a list of requested tests (ala kruse) together that I want to get, and hopefully we can agree on doing them and she can help order.

It's almost a 4 hr drive, and I have to take 2 days off work (which, frankly with all this optimizing isn't a good idea right now!) to go there. . . so I am hoping not to have to do too many in person visits.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Thanks, Cavemam, that was really helpful. I guess i'll just go ahead and make the appointment if it's that long of a wait. Would you PM me her number? I'll probably be going with a friend and staying for some hot springs (lol, Ill request a cold spring). I think there is a train from Denver that goes right there, as well.

Sorry about the women's clinic. I really did not like either!!!! Tell me about the finances.... LOL my bills are through the roof.

9. CCCRRRRAAAAZZYDAY! We have these little fires going on, causing technology and phone glitches - and some pretty intense Real Estate drama.

So, today I skipped my dose - and I felt A W E S O M E as far as hunger all damn day. Not one tummy rumble. Shooting up again tomorrow but dropping dose for sure.

Not doing the scale thing, so no idea what I've lost.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Looks like most of the fire drama might be over for now..... they just lifted our pre-evac notices.

11. Dropped dose, decided to try the SAB again while on HCG. Ate 150 grams of lean beef. . didn't have a veg around so skipped it. Probably not a good idea.

It's 11:21 now and I'm a little hungry. Still not weighing, but I think there are changes. Ate shrimp both meals yesterday - hope that wasn't a big mistake. LOVED my skip day. Did I mention how awesome yesterday was? ZERO hunger.

Dropped dose down to 125 today. a tad peckish, but no tummy growling hungry. I suppose I will let that be my guide.

Sleep not so good last night, Lots of ringing ears. I had two big mugs of non optimal coffee during my afternoon 5 hour closing (that didn't close) yesterday. . . perhaps a connection?

12. 2nd day breakfast as meal while on hcg. Don't like. Seems hungrier later in the day. Hmmm. I am about halfway through round. . so I think I'll just stick it out with what is working best, not eat until Lunch. I can go back to the keto paleo when done.

My personal goal is to really stick to the 30 mins upon waking, I'm going to do 3 meals for a while, why I try to make up optimal ground I lost while on HCG.

Cognitive decline seems to have leveled out.

On vacation! I precooked and packed in dry ice all my protein for 7 days. What a complete PIA. Seriously. Also not eating with family is a downer, but I'm sticking it out - it's working according to how the clothes fit. Since I spent the last year trying to lose even 20lbds, getting that much off, and possibly more, in 6 weeks is easy breezy.

I can't seem to sign up for consults. poop.

Mood: been better. Can't wait to get back to MCT and CO!

13. LinD

LinD New Member

I tried to do my second round of hCG ala BAB style, but like you, I felt hungry later in the day/evening, so reverted to what worked the first round.

I SO appreciated BAB after the second round. Wow. No trouble at all eating all the BAB protein.

The hCG protocol was the first official diet I ever did and was so pleased with the whole process. I highly recommend it IF one is completely motivated to do it right. It requires planning, planning, and more planning. No excuses.

Extra thanks to Grammy (Colleen) that helped me with mixing and dose issues.

I stopped hCG the middle of November (2011}.

Best wishes!

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Congrats on the good results so far! You are a determined woman - you will get through this despite all the distractions & temptations that await you on vacation. Stay cool out there!

15. Trail ride followed by a restaurant find - wild local buffalo and sweet potatoes! I brought my hcg food - but ya do what ya gotta.

[​IMG]

16. Doing lunch instead of bfast better. Watching family eat great paleo hard!

17. [​IMG]

In Black Hills today - ran across a bear. Can bears be food? Why do we choose such a limited number of animals to eat?

Can't remember what day I'm in on this round - but day two of vacation and I've been a good girl. Stuck to the boring repetitive meals I PRE cooked. Can I have a woo for being so anal retentive (in more ways than one - only one doody in like 18 or so days).

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Last time I came that close to a bear I froze, slowly stumbled backwards around the next corner of the trail, and then ran for my life!!

Cavemam, on the other hand, gets out her camera, sets up, and takes an optimal picture. Smile please, bear?

19. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Bear can TOTALLY be food...bear meat is good! I wouldn't advise sauntering up and cutting a hunk off of that one, though...;)

PS: you look like a real cowgirl in that first picture! YEEE HAWWW!

20. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

He doesn't look like he was interested in eating you, so maybe don't force it and try to eat him?