1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Goodnews / badnews.

Cave boy sick now too. Movietime! The watch w Ben stiller. There are some major advantages to having a single.

[​IMG]

2. Endless

Endless Guest

Enjoy your movie day!

3. O

M

G

So not a child friendly movie. Aliens and neighborhood watch sounds up 6 yr old alley, but its worse than our sex threads.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I dread the day I have to go spend $$ on a movie I don't want to see, to ensure its content is acceptable for Chaos and Havoc. Thank the gods I don't have to go watch any of the twilight movies... ughhh

granted I can't wait until they are old enough to have a Band of Brothers and the re-boot of Battlestar Galactica marathon. We've already begun the Star Wars indoctrination.

5. I stopped it, but not before he saw the dildo collection at the orgy. Lesson learned!!!! .....probably for both of us.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

d'Oh! wow I'm guessing you weren't planning on having the "Birds/Bees" talk with Caveboy at this tender age.... ah well... due to his food consumption, he's going to be ahead of his peers in brain capacity and capability...might as well know about the birds/bees well before them too.... :rolleyes:

7. I'm doing a little "life planning by intuition".

As reported, do NOT feel like being active physically. It's like there is a production need going on right now, for instance, I cleaned and tackled the basement full of crap this week and plowed through a ton of paperwork that I hate. Sitting in the cold tub, or taking a walk right now seems super UN productive and I do not want. So I decided that if my physical inertia was down, but my mental inertia seemed fine, I can make this work for me.

Self given deadline on desk sitting work.

I agreed to a feature (advertorial) on 11/30 in the Boulder Daily Camera. This should coinside with me appearing on Rock Center doing real estating. So, in order to support this I need to create a landing page/website that targets those newspaper readers and tv watchers. I have 2 weeks to do a website build and point/move current sites and backend all that techy crap and marketing positioning. My positioning normally is geared towards super-techy people. Newspaper readers are a whole new ball of wax. And I have some very active clients right now.

Just made myself super busy with a hard non-optional deadline. The newspaper is gonna print and the tv show is going to air no matter the state of my websites.

I need to focus. So this is my last day here until I get my marketing/techy work done. Don't know how long it will take - if history is any indicator, it will take till minutes prior to deadline.

My a.m.'s are so mentally acute when I do the stab proof coffee until mid-day. I'm going to keep going with that through this high output time.

Weight 207. I'm leaky with a cold. I sort of wish I had not done this.

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

*sniffle*

Don't leave me...

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

miss you while your running the gauntlet for work!

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Good luck getting everything going! We'll be anxiously awaiting your return (and TV appearance!).

11. 206, my diet seems to be migrating to high percentage of fat. Trying not to overeat protein. My stabby coffee a.m. seems to be working for me. I'm still on my productive (but not anxious) streak.

I bet you know what it's like to feel you can't make logical/reasonable choices when it comes to your own body image and eating things. I do, and I have a question for you.

I'm having a story (more advertorial) in a real estate mag locally. I'm positioning it as me informing the public what the process is, and what it's like to buy a house with me as your agent. I have the opportunity for several photos. . . and I think this concept/photo is kinda awesome -but then I panicked because "omg what if everyone is disgusted by seeing a fat girl eat a cupcake". Would you look at the copy and photo and tell me what it makes you feel? From the perspective of "you're a future home buyer" and was thumbing through real estate magazine.

Story Gist, you can have your cake and eat it too when Cavemam is your agent - she's makes it fun and will take care of you just as if you were her own family.

Photo to illustrate the point:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Thanks for responding, I'm a little lost on figuring stuff out for ME. I can help other people all day long, but have perception dysmorphia for moi.

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You look very happy in the top photo. This should be a fun and exciting time for the home buyer. Looks like you are having fun and enjoying your cake too so it does say what you are trying to. You also don't look like a fat girl eating cake. No hint of that what-so-ever in my view.

The bottom pick says I am eating cake and I shouldn't be.

13. Thanks Vk! And for the record, I love these publicity photos I'm sharing. My photographer is literally the BEST EVER at people. Her photoshop skills are teh awesome.

Jack totally needs to come to CO for a photo session.

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

The first photo is very appealing - like V said, you look happy and a bit mischievous. The cupcake may turn off a few people (the ultra fitness types around here) but I think you'll make up for it by appealing to a lot of others.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love the first photo. I think it shows your personality

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I like the first one, too. I would have reservations about the crowd you're appealing to with this though as I live in Boulder, like Lyndra pointed out. Fitness & health crowd. Even if a person is not, they'd like to be. Most people here identify with the opposite of cake eating - super healthy, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, raw food people. Unless you're targeting students. Which I'm sure you're not.

Personally, I would feel more attracted to a realtor who is representing more the outdoorsy, alternative, natural side. But then I'm a hippy girl (with potential :cool:).

17. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Hi Soul!!!! So glad to 'see' you! xx

Mam, I love the first photo. Honestly, you look happy and the thought of you looking fat never crossed my mind. Somehow the outdoor, sunny setting also seems to capture the Colorado thing. I bet all those super healthy folks secretly wish for cupcakes anyway :)

18. diane

diane Gold

From reading what you wrote, it sounds like your brand is about making a sometime overwhelming process fun, and at the same time, they will get the results that they want. The first photo definitely shows your personality, and to me is a great representation of your brand.

Sure, some people won't like the cupcake, some will. If you wanted to be really upfront about who you are, you could put a side note like (cupcake is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free but not taste free!). :)

Just think of the people that you want to work with - and if you want to work with people who want someone who cares, and appreciate a sense of humour - then go for it.

There's a real estate agent in toronto who's last name is Lamb. And when he started out, he made billboards with pictures of a lamb with his head on it. Lots of people laughed and made fun of him - but he was willing to put himself out there to stand out. Now he's one of the most successful (and of course well known) real estate agents in Toronto. Think he also had his own reality TV show.

So put out there what you want - and don't worry if there's some people who won't like it! :)

19. [​IMG]

Here is happy sanza cake. . . same effect? am I too in love with the literal "have your cake and eat it too". My marketing brain says that might be more sticky.

You all are making me so happy with the comments!!! Thanks so much for this. Husband just says "they are all good". bah!

20. diane

diane Gold

You do look great in all of them! Go with your gut and marketing brain! Being remembered is most important!