1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. kitten poop many places.

in my house 4 new faces.

clean, work, energy robbed.

will tell later after job.

p.s. I'm can be a clean/neat freak. My main reason for working is so I can afford a house cleaner. I have 3 children and poopy kittens. I may not make it!

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I wondered where you'd gotten to! And you mean they aren't litter box trained yet?

3. This is George Washington! He's my new shoulder cat. He hangs at the edge and lets Abe Lincoln start the fun, then joins in.

[​IMG]

This is Abe Lincoln, and he is the motherlode of cats!!! He let 3 screaming children man handle him and play with him and he just kept coming back for more. He slept with the boys and licked them awake this a.m. They would all be giggling and screaming and passing him back and forth - then put him down and he totally didn't run away. Son gets a pet that will play with him, and I don't have to deal with a dog (not a dog person).

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

Friends of my son's mom just had twins and in the hospital, so I had a house full of boys this weekend. 4,6,7 yrs old. I don't know why, but I thought it would be a good idea to shop for kittens with brood in tow. I was going to take them to the park, but it was sleeting out and that seemed like a bad idea.

Saw this pair, brought them into the playroom with three boys. Kitties were awesome, Abe Lincoln is like the coveted kitty dog who isn't afraid of people and lets children play. He let these boys play and pick him up and just kept coming back for more. George Washington was slightly more subdued, and when we got him home he's the sweet quiet one that likes sitting on shoulders. He was on my shoulder all morning when I was working on the computer.

I know how wrong it is to post many paragraphs about my kittehs, but someone showed the least bit of interest so here I go! Just be thankful I didn't just have a baby.

5. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Ahhhh! What cuties.

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

ADORABLE! Although I do have to say they look just the tiniest bit EVIL in the last pic. :)

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Shush cuties. However I am now regulated to permanent outside time. Boooo hoooo. No seeing the grand house of yours from the inside. I think you planned this. Ill make sure I bring a tent!!!

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

EEEEEEEEEE I LOVE THEM!! So cute! :D

9. janagram

janagram New Member

the kid is super cute!!

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Oh yeah, the kid :eek:. I guess you can tell who the pet-lovers are around here! Caveboy is definitely a cutie.

11. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

There was a kid in the picture? (JK)

12. Seafood chowder! Made the fat bread again, but went old school cornbread style in my iron cornbread pan and added bacon, green onion and a little cheese. Used agar agar to thicken chowder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Omg one last kitten pic. Cavedaddy with one of the presidents.

[​IMG]

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

That's frickin' adorable.

15. I think I have the flu btw. I hope my epi paleo immune system isn't so awesome that I die.

16. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

It clearly hasn't killed your sense of humour.

Love the kittens and the food. Every time you post I have this 'I want to live with her!' thing that happens.

Hope you feel better soon.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Is this how you always play poker????? very cute and the kitten is okay too! Feel better

18. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I had a dream about you last night. Brace yourself...I dreamt that you had another baby. A human one, not a kitten one...lol

19. I wish! We keep mulling adoption but its all so crazy. The agencies that will adopt to old farts talk about the kids like they are chattel being sold for a reduced rate - depending on the racial desirability of child. It freaks me out.

20. Kinda a sick day. Not flu - must be just a cold. Too sick and leaky for clients but not sick enough to enjoy going to bed and watching a movie.

So catching up on chores and the like. Didn't weigh.

Roasted some pumpkins

[​IMG]

Going through paleo cookbooks for food inspiration. Really weird craving for roast chicken. Kale in garden still good - if I can find a pastured chicken in longmont I will make that for dinner.

I am tempted to keep son home so I don't have to clean up and look presentable for drop off! Hehe.

It's sunny and crisp out - so probably getting up and about will do me good.