1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Did you read my introductory post in my journal? I had dozens of fibroids (about a kilo's worth) by the time the doc FINALLY heard me. Two fist sized ones and dozens of thumb sized ones both in my uterus and in the uterine wall. Talk about estrogen dominant.

According to Dr. John R. Lee the cure is to FIX the imbalance by using progesterone. After reading TS wiley's book I now believe the answer is to get onto BHRT and rebalance both estradiol and progesterone and the ONLY way you can do that is by mimicking your body's natural rhythm.

There are a number of Wiley certified practioners in Colorado, just go to her website and look.

There's NO reason to continue to suffer this sh*t. I suffered with it for 25 freaking years and then wound up getting everything yanked. NO ONE would listen to me. I HATE the medical profession in general.

2. Yesterday's epic fail began w a diet coke and spiraled down from there.

Following it w major bab w sardines, liver wurst and eggs and bpc

[​IMG]

3. Thanks Darleen - I will go read you! I appreciate the input, and I am going to check out the Wiley!

4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Reboot!

My ds goes to CU Boulder...I hope to be out there sometime this summer and would love to meet up with you, Souldanzer and Lyndra.

5. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Your BAB ... shudder ... man no way could I face sardines for breakfast. You're a better woman than I!

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I had sardines, oysters and a couple eggs this AM :) I'm in a sardine phase.... have to go restock today. Have you ever tried the fresh ones they sell at WF?

Looks like you picked yourself right back up! Fail your way to success! Now you know what doesn't work.

7. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Awesome! Let us know when you'll be here and let's do a meet-up. Boulder Creek should still be cold enough if we want to do some CT (along with all the Boulder folks who lounge in the creek post-run).

8. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Looks like Lisa Rittel, a doc that Souldanzr's saw, is a Wiley practitioner.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Yeah, I still think she'd be a great doc to work with despite her making it clear she doesn't want to study Dr K. I think I might have asked the wrong way. If I had asked for plain hormone fixing, she'd probably would've said "sure - let's do it!".

10. [​IMG]

Trying to squeeze in 65 g of protein. So hard to choke down this bab! I'm trying to decide to just stop (at probably about 50 g) or to slow my roll and eat it slowly over the next half hour. I tend to nibble my way into a 2 hr meal time - which I know isn't working for me.

I always do better on days I'm nazi about the rules. It could just be because the OCD is high that day so I'm more inclined to follow rules.

Oh well. In case you can't tell - scrambled eggs and a can of sardines.

11. That would be awesome!! Keep us posted.

12. Feeling good again. TOM finally stopped - Maybe it was the Vit-A. Or perhaps after 16 days it was just over.

Calling around for Doc's this a.m.

Energy back! Yay. Spent 3 hrs walking the zoo yesterday, followed by a couple of hours at the Lake with mini me. I am DEFINATELY less sensitive to sun. Last year, no way could I have spent that much time outdoors without coming away with burnt and blistered skin.

Now I'm just a bit pink, a tad burned - but very minor.

Freckles are popping out all over.

School is OUT!

13. Spoke with the Dzugan folks. Still choking a little on the costs. Oy!

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I bet you can't beat my medical bills these days LOL. The hormone stuff will be the cheapest part of it all, I think :eek: Dr K needs to revise his "optimal is for everybody" statement... some of us need some pretty darn expensive repairs.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

15. Yea, so Ritter is on the one of the BHRT programs - but she doesn't take insurance, I'm going to keep plugging away to look for someone that might be more of a one stop lady/hormone doc since this is going to be some major bucks. I am still going to try to find a lady doctor to get a real evaluation on the fibroid severity.

So something interesting, the night I failed with Diet Cokes and some grain - my tinnitus went away that whole evening. It started back in yesterday (going strong now). Probably totally coincidental, but since all my other health stuff is so positive - I wonder if the hormones effect that too.

I hope you have some feel good days in there! After yesterday being so pleasant, I'm totally enjoying today too and all feels right with the world again. I can imagine how much of a downer the constant non-relief is. Hopefully you will see some progress this summer!

16. Take that bab

[​IMG]

Swam again at 64 degrees. Haven't got on scale since epic fail day.

However, when shopping for swim suits yesterday I noticed a MAJOR change in legs on cellulite, veins, fat. They were so different looking than last year!

Totally motivated me to buy ice so I can keep going on deep ct over summer.

17. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Maybe your doctor could work with you on this? That's what I'm doing. I took the Dzugan book to her, discussed the target ranges and testing required, she agreed. She wrote the scripts for the BHRT and away I went! Actually, the compounding pharmacist was very helpful too...he made some suggestions on dosing which the doctor was able to use. My insurance is covering the hormones because we are treating menopausal symptoms (I'm 53). I'm sure it would work for peri-menopause or any steroid imbalance as well. I think you just cannot say it is for preventative or anti-aging medicine purposes. I agree that paying for the Dzugan program is very difficult for many.

18. No posts for a while, it's summer which is go-time in real estate.

A few tidbits. After the crazy TOM/Fibroid flare up at the last cycle - I connected with a Lady Doc on here! She's about a 3 hr drive from here, and it took a while to get an appointment - but seeing her in late July. So looking forward to meeting with a Doc who is down with Doctor K!

I stopped CT in anticipation of doing hormone testing etc, and interestingly enough - my TOM this round is "better". My cavemam-diagnosis is the extra estrogen leaving cells from CT was exacerbating things, and it was a temporary issue - not a reason to have that ol hysterectomy.

Other than THAT (which as I said, I'm attributing to CT doing it's job and not something terribly wrong), I felt like all my tests were showing I was headed optimal - except weight was not coming off. Soooo I started a round of HCG. I am very nervous about maintaining - but I think all the strides I've made with diet etc BEFORE doing it will help. I've been doing a version of P3 for months, so I'm hoping the weight can stay off.

I'm just finishing week one, and it's teh exciting. 6 lbs down from pre-load weight as of day 5.

During Load I had both grains and diet coke - probably some msg to boot at chinese restaurant. I'm not proud. I was reminded that clearly I'm not at 100% in that deptartment. . .and then right after I log back on here and the first post I see is Jack putting the smackdown on Diet Drinks. It was a sharp reminder of how awful it is.

Seriously, sugar was easy peasy to kick compared to the Diet Cokes. . . but I am happy to report, a big step for me. I had one. I was easily able to stop and decide "hey, nope, don't do more of this".

A year ago it would have been an excuse to spiral into a crazy binge. . . so yay for that small step.

19. KEEEEEERIST, It's hot here.

I so wish I was CTing right now.

On day 10 of HCG, Lovin it - best weight loss experience ever. I love becoming healthy and optimal - but lets face it, getting into a pair of Jeans in a smaller size is just damn fun and exciting.

I am having a great time with it, and I think it's because I was in such good shape from behaving optimally (ala JK) for many months now. I'm a little nervous about taking some health steps backwards as I'm not taking any supplements or eating optimally. I will get back into optimal hard once the round is over.

On a personal note, I'm getting close to done on my backyard remodel. Can't friggin wait for it!! Privacy and a firepit and a place for a cold tub. I am fully expecting to spend as much time outdoors heeding the circadian cycles. I'm so lucky to have such great connections with the pros because of work. We have TOTALLY increased our resale value over and above what we spent on it - and for a few years get to enjoy a great outdoor space built for behaving optimally!

Of course, finding a buyer that even KNOWS what a cold tub is will be a challenge ;)