1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

That glistening is the generous amount of coconut oil dinner was cooked in!

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

So tell us what you *really* thought - LOL! That looked scrumptious.

3. LinD

LinD New Member

It must have been awful!

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Where is this place? Next time I'm down visiting the outlaws and my sister I will HAVE to go. Much as I now loathe the drive from Loveland to Boulder.

5. Ok, so it is a bit of a treck from Loveland. . .but worth it if you do the whole "walk the mall and hangout for hours" thing. It's right off pearl street downtown. SHINE BOULDER. Googles has it.

Also, if I may suggest, there is a restraunt in Longmont that has an awesome happy hour with great choices. They have $1 oysters and always have a seasonal veggie mixed with bacon and other yummy stuff. They also have grassfed meats and often things like Lamb or fish specials. Not cheap though. . unless you go to happy hour. 4-5:30, something for everyone. Ohh, the last time I went they also had a chicken liver pate. It was my first taste of pate and I loved it. That one is "Sugarbeets"

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OH MY sounds yummy. Thanks. I have a beady friend who lives in Longmont and we haven't seen each other now for a couple of years. Gives me an excuse to try that one too.

and OH how I love chicken livers. mmmmmm so tasty!

7. Cookin w palm oil tonight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's grouper. Making paper packages w veggies grouper and red palm oil w Greek spices

[​IMG]

Lots of stains

8. [​IMG]

Meh, came out watery and bland.

9. Rough week. TOM intense with major fibroid issue leading to suggestion of hysterectomy. Ignoring that, looking for someone to help eval hormones. On day 15 of a major TOM, super tired (anemic) because of the combo.

On the upside, my HS CRP was .9 so awesome. Lipids great. Improvement in b12 and iron from previous months tests so I know I can effect it.

I can't decide what to do about CT, I think the surge of estrogen from detox is making the TOM worse - but perhaps I just need to look at it like pulling the bandaid off. 3rd day in a row with no CT. I am afraid I'm going down one of those paths that snowball into 6 months later and i've not done CT and fallen off the Leptin RX.

Did I mention so tired. It's probably Karma smacking me for feeling so awesome and smug lately. I've had tons of energy and generally happy - but hit a wall.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Hope you're feeling better soon, Cavemam! I used to have similar issues but they resolved stat when I went off soy entirely. Cod liver oil stopped heavy bleeding.

WAPF has a supplement program heavy on the cod liver oil for persistent bleeding. It's posted somewhere on their website and basically involves drinking cod liver oil. They ascribe this to a vitamin A deficiency I think. Women talk about their immediate success stopping the bleeding using their protocol. IIRC, the bleeding gets worse b/c anemia will encourage hemorrhage which makes the anemia worse and you go round and round. Vitamin A interrupts the cycle.

11. You just inspired me to go take my fermented cod liver oil!

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

The dose for persistent and excessive bleeding is ridiculously high. Something like 90,000 IU of vitamin A the first day to get it to stop. I never did this but I took 50,000 IU a day for several weeks.

13. ok, in the tub. It's not perfect, but I got back in after 4 days off. Just doing tap temp of 58 degrees. Right now in up to my chest, so I can type, but will try and sit back and get more upper body in.

Lower half has adjusted rather quickly. doesn't feel cold.

My burning question is: Is there Detox if you are not losing weight? Perhaps ask Jack. Or you dear reader.

14. Just got back from Vitamin Cottage! Thanks for suggestion. Going to try 50K IU today.

15. I'm oil pulling with CO while CTing while reading this forum. I don't know if I can hold out for 20 mins. It's not bad or anything, my mouth muscles are getting tired from all the swishing. Perhaps I need to build up my muscles!

More energy today - the letting has slowed to a trickle.

16. Breakfast: optimal coffee w 10g protein

Lunch: steak n shrimp plus optimal coffee after ct

[​IMG]

17. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I'm oil pulling with seasome oil... had too much in my mouth and really having a hard time keep swishing... :D next time i'll use less oil. Re: no weight loss... well how do your clothes fit? If you notice your clothes fit better then you're losing fat.

hope the Vitamin A works and you feel better soon!

18. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

That looks yummy!

19. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I tried oil pulling a while ago...couldn't do longer than 5 minutes! I think I am going to start again but will use coconut oil.

I had a hysterectomy about 11 years ago...at the time did a lot of research, waited years to try to avoid it. Menopause was not in sight, it was the size of a grapefruit...my periods were about a week long and heavy. So I had a hysterectomy, but wouldn't let my DR remove my ovaries or cervix. After my Doc performed my hysterectomy he said the fibroid was actually rotting...is that even possible?? Yuck.

Wish I had known then about estrogen dominance, etc.

20. ooookay. Yes, Rotting Fibroid sounds delish. Thank god Jack isn't asking us to eat placenta yet.

I think there are more options today for it. I could probably deal with a 1 week heavy, but lately it's been MAYBE 10 days a month with no bleeding. Since I'm already anemic, the loss of the red stuff is making an energy difference.