1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No, Really, I'm in a tub of icewater and documenting on the interwebs. . by cavemam.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I was very anxious about taking a week off CT. Finally found doc to do tests, and didn't want detox mayhem to interfere however. So I'm on about the 6th day of no CT.

I had decided to use this time to tighten up habits, but since I wasn't actively CTing, I thought I would make an effort to eat more veggies, have a glass of wine, enjoy some of the things that are ok - but that I wasn't doing as I was trying to stay VLC ketogenic for CT purposes.

So, during this week - I had a lovely dinner out with a glass of wine. Tried an amazing chicken liver pate (with cherry sauce, so I would have avoided it before - I know it had sugar!). Ate dark chocolate unmonitored. Ate lots of veggies, did not go stingy on the onions/garlic/tomatoes. I have tried getting outside and doing yardwork instead of CT.

I also decided it was time to just suck it up and start weighing and tracking food daily. Getting on that scale each day, no matter what - was the tough part. I used to get totally OCD about what time of day, if I had already had my abolutions, how many ounces of stuff I had consumed, was my hair wet. All kinds of nonsense to keep me from just doing it for the purposes of being directionally accurate.

So, I've weighted for 6 days in a row.

AND LO! I lost 3 lbs this week. Wooot! For ME, that's big. I've been losing on the 3-4 lbds a month speed.

I've been trying to identify why. I'm wondering if the increased veggies are not helping overall gut health. Also, I wonder if there is a "recovery" time frame for each person with CT, just like working out, and I gave my body time to recover and adapt.

What say you?

2. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Interesting. I have no theories as to what's gone on, but congrats on the loss!

I'm having somewhat of an opposite problem in that I'm trying to get myself to NOT get on the scale every damn day. My scale is a finicky bitch and often has a swing of 10+ lbs...not even from day to day, but from minute to minute. I can get on, take a reading, step off, shut it off, turn it back on again, step back on...and get a reading 5-7lbs heavier or lighter than the previous one. It drives me crazy, but I can't afford to buy a new scale because I need money for supplements...har har har, no really! :)

3. Darn! Up .08 lbds. . .I'm trying to keep the ocd from creepin in. On another note - got upload feature from tapatalk going so now I can bore you with too many photos.

Last day before doc visit. Took no supps today - I think the ringing is subsiding. WOOT!

4. [​IMG]

A new seafood place open up less than 1 mile from me. It was awesome. I am chowing down on a dozen fresh cold water oysters

5. [​IMG]

This is the mackerel from said seafood place. I did a macadamia nut crust.

6. Ooops, marlin not mackerel.

[​IMG]

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice................

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

They should give us a group discount at the new fish place... have to check it out soon. Maybe Saturday when I'm already driving by :)

9. Indeed! It's so exciting to be able to get fresh seafood for lower than WF. The salmon and halibut that are usually $25-$29 a lbd at WF was only $17 and $18 a lbd.

Also, the oysters were best I've had in ages. Once the Sunflower Market opens, I won't need to leave town! Oh wait, xcept for the Trader Joes.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

We have a Trader Joe's?? Where?

I bought a whole bunch of frozen salmon a couple of weeks ago at WF... sale 9.99/lb. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for 29 bucks a lbs for fresh...

11. Opening end of this year at the 29th street mall! As if it wasn't hard enough to get around there!

12. Back to CT!

Had docs appointment yesterday. Posts elsewhere - Jeff Gerber in Littleton. Great!

I did my first cold bath in a week last night. 55 degrees, 40 mins. A little too close to bed. Shivery too long.

Doing ice right now, but temp only got down to 38 degrees. Boo. Good news is it's just as easy as 32.

38 is easier than 55 degrees fwiw.

13. [​IMG]

Farmers market guy gave me chicken feet! Makin stock.

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Gorgeous! You should open an Optimized Life restaurant!

15. Scale up today. Again. That puts me 3 lbds down in 1.5 months. So sad. I've been a good girl too! Lots of CT, the good stuff too with lots of ice.

Thinking of trying the HCG this summer. Need advice and direction! Do I need to see a doc?

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Good to know! I think it can only improve the traffic situation, lol. Nothing beats Pearl St Whole Foods on Thanksgiving though. They had COPS there managing the situation last year!!!

Oh well, that's why I'm a bicycle girl.

17. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Nope there are plenty of free info sites on the net. Colleen C has a forum hcginfoforum.com with the instructions and links to where you can order hcg.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

18. [​IMG]

Dinner at shine boulder. So awesome a place - they make their own bone broth, serve fermented veggies. Seasonal and local.

We need to have the annual meetup in Colorado!