1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

No Dreams. None at all

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Matty_M, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

This is something I have danced around a lot, believing it to be a by-product of other issues and something that will slowly resolve itself as my symptoms improve. I have read about it in the Redox Rx, and I have been implementing those practices, however, this is one area in which I lack improvement. I feel very left out and even a little depressed sometimes when my friends or family talk about dreams, while I live eternally in the waking life. I know there is hope, but I'm impatient and very curious....

I believe it is tied to my gut flora (which ain't great). Many months ago, as can be seen in my journal, I got the Genova Diagnostics stool test with a functional doc and we found a parasite, Blastocystis Hominis. She put me on an antibiotic, which I sort of regret, although it elimiated my worst sympmtoms (nasty taste in my mouth) very quickly. She had me on a gut-rebuilding protocol (basically paleo diet + specific supplements for gut health + probiotic pills), but I do not believe it did too much to benefit my gut flora, so the last big push before I leave for Bosnia for 10 months will be the EPCOTx protocol.

Also, the last time I had vivid dreams was when I had a large spoonful of potato starch (resistant starch) in a cup of water. I know Dr. K supports whole foods more, however, is this something I should consider in conjunction with the protocol?

What else might I consider in this circumstance?

------

Separately, this week when I began to try to reintroduce autoimmune protocol foods (most of which I tolerated well :D) I got a little more acne on my skin than normal (so a little acne as opposed to none in the last few months). My "paleo" knowledge tells me it is likely related to the dairy (which was mostly grass-fed, some raw, not all A2 though). What might the real cause be of this? Could it be A1 casein? I feel like acne is always somehow related to my gut flora.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Matt

2. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Hey brotha, i know you wrote this months ago but i just read it and want to mention something.

Since getting encephalitis 4 years ago ive been badly dissociated. I cant feel time or reality at all and have basically no recollection of these past 4 years. It feels like i got SUPER high and never came down. I would do absolutely anything to be able to feel reality again and be present, to NOT feel like im deep in a dream. Cherish the feeling that you're constantly in wakefulness and connected, its an absolutely awful thing to lose.

Im not trying to sound like a dick or belittle how you feel, just saying you have something some of us would kill to have back.

I hope you've made some progress since this post though and are well on your way

Tammy Rogers likes this.
  3. Matty_M

I really appreciate this. I don't appreciate enough how lucky I am in all aspects of life. I get caught up thinking about deadlines, obligations. and whether I'm doing what's best for myself always... sometimes I feel I can't control my mind and it's like torture. Although I believe I can.

I really hope for the best for you. Based on what Dr. K says almost anything can go two ways if you move somwhere sunny, eat a ton of oysters, and CT it up, among everything else.

All the best

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Read Guest blog number 1..........without UV light to the RPE = dreaming is not likely

5. Matty_M

Dr. K I have to get down to NOLA to thank you for real some time. Take a shot in the dark what has happened since I ditched my shit hole in the US where I'm 12 miles from the center of Philly and not allowed outside of the school building from 7:30 to 2:40 every day, for Banja Luka where every morning I lounge beside the river bank or on the monument on a hill overlooking the city! Everything is getting better (and the sun has hardly come back from the south yet). I'm not going back to that school next year no matter what.. so I applied for boarding schools, especially 2 in Florida, where I'll be able to catch some UV before during and after the school day.

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No.............going to the Yucatan would be smarter.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its 650 miles further south. NOLA = 29 th latitude.

Yucatan is at the 20th

8. Matty_M

If I can take a trip south I'll get down there. For high school I'm not so sure, I'll look into it... I would drop out and work down there but I'm trying to create a situation where I might be able to help more people as you have with this knowledge

Lahelada likes this.