1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

nnEMF meter

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by healthy2015, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Can anyone tell me what the below could possibly be
    We have a TriField Meter to check our house and surrounding areas and a constant reading 2 (0-100 milligauss) when putting it on the Radio/Microwave setting. Could this be from a cell tower or what could it be from and is this a high reading?
    Thanks

2. Any ideas please?
    Thank you

3. Penny

Penny New Member

Not sure about the radio setting, but 2 or under is pretty good - at least when checking dirty electricity on a wall...

healthy2015 likes this.
  4. Thank you once again penny, you are so helpful and I am always grateful of your replies!!

The 2 reading is everywhere in the house, garden and down the street which I assume is very bad??!

5. Penny

Penny New Member

I don't think it's that bad - if you were super hyper electrically sensitive, you would want to get it under 1 - like a Michael Neuert type of person - who is incidentally being interviewed by Lloyd Burell here:
    http://www.electricsense.com/11948/emf-shielding-protection/

google: Michael neuert and you get a lot of hits - he is quite an expert on EMF and how to use these meters -

healthy2015 likes this.
  6. Scompy

Scompy Gold

The Trifield is not sensitive for RF... it really has to hit ultra-high radio frequency to register. Cornets and other meters that are more sensitive help to pick up more in the 1 to 100 milliWatt per Square meter (or cm) and they're great for focusing sources to know the causes/locations. I.e., milliGauss is not for measuring RF.

healthy2015 likes this.
  7. endless

endless New Member

Use your Trifield for magnetic and electric fields.... Get another for RF.

Scompy and healthy2015 like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

I just tested my home with my TriField.. in the Radio/Microwave setting to compare. I got 0,5-0,6 in the 100 milligauss range. And I get 3 weak wifi signals from neighbors in here. So it could be better. But we have no smart meters at all.
    I think 2 is not too good... there must be something in the environment..?

But you sure should get you another meter for RF as suggested above.

healthy2015 likes this.
  9. Butters

Butters New Member

Should one start with a trifield first? I looked the RF-meters up and they are horrible expensive for a student.
    How is the trifield - meter from trifield?

10. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Magnetic and electrical EMFs should not be discounted. The TriField is great for them; don't expect the RF meter to do much because it's not very sensitive. I say this because I get issues in all types of fields, and some magnetic/electrical fields in the past have been brutal to my visual spots and tinnitus. In a weird way, I'm a walking meter because I know when I'm in a strong field. Sadly, even in a weaker field, I don't know what my mitochondria think, but I'm sure they are yelling at me to stop.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

Ok. Most things you can control easily with WiFi etc.. At least what is in your own responsibility. So I will go for the TriField.
    But is low ELF important? Or is 50Hz for europe enough?

12. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Hi Scompy,

I'm now looking into a tri-meter. The two that I've come across the most so far are:

1. The Trifield 100XE EMF Meter and
    2. The Tri-Mode High + Low Frequency Meter - Cornet ED88T

A guy that wants to sell me the Cornet says that it reads RF, magnetic1 & 2, and electric fields.

Do you know which one is best (or if some other one is more highly recommended)?

I'm trying to keep it as simple (and still effective) as possible and get an all-in-one meter.

Thanks.

13. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Cornet 88T will probably be a better choice, since the Trifield's RF/Microwave is very poor. The Cornet's magnetic and electrical EMF detection is not as precise as the TriField, but pretty close. And the Cornet has a built-in sound mode for RF.

Dean6789 and Allin like this.
  14. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Cool. Thanks a bunch!