1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

nnEMF Advice

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by GFam, May 30, 2017.

1. GFam

GFam Gold

Hello All,

I am hoping Dr Kruse and/or Scompy can take a look and give me their advice

A little background
    I moved into a new house November of last year. I was still somewhat new to Dr Kruse's work but had listened to enough of his podcasts to get the general gist of it all. So from putting together all the information from the various podcasts I took all this into account when we were searching for our new house. From that info here is what we did
    -Moved to small town. Population is 2900
    -Well water, no fluoride
    -Large lot 3/4 acres. Away from neighbors nnEMF. Closest cell tower 3.5 miles away.
    -Great schools. Actually starting to work with them now on removing WIFI, making environment cleaner.
    -During the process hired an EMF engineer to evaluate the property. Everything was great. RF background noise 0.0001 uw/m2. Magnetic fields 0.03 or less throughout the house. Electric fields fixed via shielding and cutoff switches.

So everything was great, or so I thought. So since working with the EMF engineer and continuing to study Dr Kruse's work I have learned quite a bit. Bought several meters (Cornet RF, NFA1000 for magnetic/electric fields, dirty electricity meter, etc...) I usually go through and test the environment once a month and I recently found elevated magnetic fields in the house. These were not present when the EMF engineer was out. Well after further investigation I found out there is a 15kv distribution power line that goes along the street in my front yard. Turns out this 15kv line feeds all the other houses on the block (about 12, each of us have about 3/4 acre lot) So now that summer is upon us and people are using their AC's, etc... the nnEMF from that distribution line is showing up.

The readings are now anywhere from 0.08 - 0.22 mg depending on where you are in the house. I know building biology likes to see 0.2 or less for sleeping areas and I checked Michael Neuert's page and he recommends 0.5 and less. The kids rooms are toward the font of the house and their rooms can hit the 0.22mg reading. Now I can't stop thinking about this problem and my childrens safety. I thought i was doing great by the family and then came to find this.

So here is my questions. Being that these readings are just slightly about the No Concern level for building biology and lower than Michael Neuert recommendations am I being a bit too paranoid. Generally the levels are lower than 0.2 and only occassionally hit that level. Here are my options as I see it
    -Move (this will be hard as this is a fantastic area and really hard to find places)
    -Build new bedrooms on the back side of the house. Expensive
    - Magnetico?? Would getting the kids Magnetico mattresses protect them from the low magnetic fields coming from that power line.

I am very excited to hear some advice from members of this forum.
    Thank You.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for posting your story. We are looking to move and it really will take so much thought and testing.

You thought you had everything right so you can protect yourself and your family. I am wondering why your EMF engineer didn't notice the potential problem?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

My $0.02. I'll share what I wrote in a private communication on a theory that my (grounded) metal roof is pretty useful. You can probably reproduce this experiment on your own if you have a meter.

Cornet about 5 feet from a wifi router:
    unshielded.JPG

Same meter and location wrapped in foil:
    shielded.JPG \

Same meter same location same foil now grounded:
    grounded.JPG

What implications does this have for what I would do with those walls and maybe the whole roof? Think about it some if the .22 mv/m2 level is distressing you.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    MingP and Alex97232 like this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

First guess is it may be a cross over to something electrical touching the water pipes. Since you didn't have issue first, it probably isn't this situation in the video below specifically, but could be related to something elsewhere along the circuit into the home. If you find the mG increases closer to the water pipes, that's probably what's going on.

Also, it could be a specific problem with one of your circuit breakers that may have gone bad... test the mG with all of the breakers OFF and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then turn them back on one-by-one to see if the problem re-appears with one of the breakers on. Also, if there is a doubling of your lights+plugs on the same breaker, that can be a culprit producing more mG in some cases based on how many amps are allowed on that breaker.

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  5. GFam

GFam Gold

HI Scompy, thanks for the advice. However this is not the issue. The water pipes have been tested and I have also tested turning off all the circuit breakers in the house. Same issue. This is what clued me in to the problem. After I turned off all the breakers the levels were still elevated. So I began tracing the signal. This led me to outside the house and down the front yard towards the street. As I crossed over a certain location the levels would drop slightly so I was able to pinpoint the source. At this point I called the utility companies and they confirmed there is a 15kv distribution line that goes along parallel with the street and the houses in that area. I was able to trace this line all the way to the distribution transformer down the street. I have attached a document so you can see more of a visual. My house is outlined in green and the distribution line is red.

So as I said in my first post. Now that it is summer and people are using more electricity the readings are higher reaching a max of about .22mg so far. Now this is typically only during the day with night time being lower .1-.16 mg. Building biology says <.2mg is no concern however its still a man made source, can it really be of no concern? So basically wondering should I look to move, move the kids bedrooms to the back of the house or would a magnetico shield them from these low levels while they sleep?

Thanks

Attached Files:

6. drezy

drezy Gold

What is your working budget? $500 or less?

7. GFam

GFam Gold

Well I am sitting on 75,000 right now. Was going to use this money to put in a pool but if there is something I can do the help alleviate this problem and I willing to shuffle money around.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Am I safe to assume you can't put something like this in your yard between your house and the buried electrical line as "unique" landscaping?

[​IMG]

9. drezy

drezy Gold

10. GFam

GFam Gold

Ya I thought about that. Using something like MuMetal or GIRON but as I understand it those things need to be close to the source. Not sure if I can dig up the location and line it with materials. It is buried about 8ft in the ground.

11. drezy

drezy Gold

My brain keeps defaulting to iron trellis
    [​IMG]

In an effort to look like a lunatic and mystify any passersby, I strung up my cast iron steak pan next to my electrical meter

before pan:
    before.JPG

After pan, part of the string is in the way the reading = 1.0
    after.JPG

Note also the closer the pan is to my meter the better the shielding, not when I put it closer to the meter.

Home depot has metal meshes that might be worth trying. Just don't bother with aluminum.

MingP likes this.
  12. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Might want to consult an electrician.... it might be related to a 'wild-leg' or high-leg where you could be getting residual magnetic fields off of the ground itself, due to how power flows through the area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-leg_delta

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

I think @GFam is saying that he can turn off all breakers including the main. Start with his meter in his child's room, step through the open window, and follow an ever increasing field all the way to one point in his yard where the field begins to drop again,

14. drezy

drezy Gold

@GFam how closely can you temporarily park your largest vehicle to the window of your child's room?

For measurements sake.

15. GFam

GFam Gold

If I drive up on the grass I can park my truck within 3 feet of the window. Thats a great idea to see if it makes any difference. Thanks Drezy will give this a shot as soon as the weather warms back up and people's A/C's are running.

16. GFam

GFam Gold

I guess from that same viewpoint I could also pack the truck directly over the line as well and play with different positions.

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Full disclosure: I'm just a big kid that is really pulling for your kids to have a pool.

For the love of all that's holy, please do experiments like that.

My current understanding is that it may be easier to absorb the weaker flux field that is closer to your home (obviously lower in the window/room will be more in-line with the vehicle's engine block and all the iron). Iron is your friend here. Feel free to blow up my theory if thats the case, I'm not married to it.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

Yeah here's a breakdown of how I see your experiment including requisite Kruse-based shirtlessness. Have fun!

test.png

19. drezy

drezy Gold

Some extra minor notes 2D representation of :

soft-iron-magnetic-field.gif

whats going on in 3d:
    wire.png

Between these images and your meter you've got what you need to experiment.

Why load you up with all this instead of ask you to consult another professional immediately? See, I know this guy who started out as a jock baseball player, then became a dentist, then became a neurosurgeon, then changed his life with his self-directed reeducation, then had the gall to start sharing mitochondria level information with lay-people.

If that guy can stretch that far, then I know that you've got enough skin in the game and the elasticity to handle this and keep your pool money at the same time.

No guarantees that you end up living right where you are at, but it's worth the homework.

"Change you environment" a little, test regularly, and get busy building your CT chamber if you don't have access to cold natural waters.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="drezy, post: 215272, member: 19879"]My brain keeps defaulting to iron trellis
    [​IMG]

Home depot has metal meshes that might be worth trying. Just don't bother with aluminum.[/ quote]

============================================
    If truck or old bus works,
    consider steel fence.
    Possibly fence could be placed between the house and cable, few feet from the in-ground cable.

.......[/quote][​IMG]

drezy likes this.