1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nija's Journal ----Depression,Fatigue OBesity

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nija, Mar 8, 2017.

1. nija

nija New Member

Levothyroxin 100 mg 20 day before test .. not regular as well . I forgot many days

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To do valid testing you have to be on steady dose for about a month.
    Other than that, Levothyroxin=T4 often does not work.
    The thyroid hormone that is active is FreeT3.
    When you take T4, there is assumption made that you will be able to convert T4---->T3
    Many peoples cannot do this conversion.
    That is why it is better to use NTH(Natural Thyroid Hormone).
    NTH contains T3 and T4.
    T3 will always be useful. With T4 there still may be some questions.

You have to start somewhere.
    When you would start using NTH as I suggested above, do not use T4 with it.
    Chew the pills before swallowing.
    Take it soon after you get of the bed, about same time each day.

//

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You would have to find it over on internet.

4. nija

nija New Member

@JanSz Thanks for your reply . I have asked my doctor to order natural thyroid hormon.
    I crave swwet a lot . I eat lot of fruit and sweet potato . SHould I stop all fruit and sweet potato .Since my LDL is high , do I need to avoid butter and egg ?I will be doing fatty liver taste tomorrow .

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

=============================================================
    You have problem with Fructose sensitivity.

How is Fructose Sensitivity treated?
    A Fructose-free or low-sugar diet is the best treatment - and the best management - for life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Hi Nija,
    The best tool in my fat-burning toolbox has been intermittent fasting with x2 big meals per day. I start my day with about 40g+ of protein...usually something like 4 pastured eggs with some seafood. Then I have a very late lunch with another large meal... I typically go from 2pm to 7am the next morning for a fast. Some women that have tried this have bad results for whatever individual reasons they have found. Some have required more acclimation to a longer fast.

I'll generally get 5 days of intermittent fasting in a week. At my age of 47, if I don't do at least 4 days of week of fasting, it's very hard for me to shed any fat I want gone. Like many of us, I was once 280 pounds, and I'm 180 today, but I have been doing some biohacks to increase my bodyfat at the moment... I should be at 160 pound optimally and was that way last year. I always include an avocado in my last meal of the day to keep my potassium levels optimal during the 18 hour fasting time. The avocado helps to promote a bit more of a fat-burn about 12+ hours into the fast. I also try to minimize sugars at the last meal of the day so I don't get hungry later in the day and it also helps to promote fat-burning after insulin baselines.

I also incorporate a bit of lighter, anaerobic exercise with leg lifts, dumbbells, squats, etc. I like to do it in the evening around 4 to 7pm a few hours after that last meal at 2pm... this helps insulin get baselined enough in case the last meal pushed it up (like too much protein). I've found even 20 grams of protein at that last meal can trigger my hunger depending on the added carbs (not enough fiber to slow down the GI response) at the meal. Plus in the evening before bed, the lack of fuel in the stomach really helps me to get a solid sleep with blue-blocking. The lack of energy promotes some CT in the evening naturally because there's less thermogenesis in the body from the missing food, and often do face-plunges or splashes if I don't' take a cold shower...

Intermittent fasting is my best tool over several weeks to really target fat from the body from what I've found personally. I've also weaved in ketosis for about 7 years now. The synergy also works extremely well, but often too good if I push the blood ketones too high. So I've found that in the spring/summer/fall, I like to do more intermittent fasting with some carbs as they come into season, then push keto all the way in the winter and limit the fasting. However, if I'm looking to lose more bodyfat, I know I have both tools in my toolbox I can do at the same time for a powerful 1+2 combo...

Mystic Rose60 and caroline like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Scompy for telling us how you manage to keep the extra pounds away. It seems so much harder for women to figure this out ....at least it is for me.

So many women here are struggling with getting their weight down and then keeping it down. Maybe we want the extra pounds gone now?
    Men generally seem to shed extra weight pretty fast on the leptin RX ......women - not so much altho our bulk does go down.

Scompy - what are your thoughts on a BPC?

I find if I have a BPC in the morning and then one at 12:30 and then lunch at 3:30 - 4:00pm I do pretty well. I do think that I have to watch the fat intake with the BPC - I think that messes me up.

It is such a fine line ......I don't want too much fat, I don't want too much protein, I do better with no fruit [I love fruit] and some veg don't agree with me - like broccoli etc.

and then ..... throw in for good measure .....all the yummy cooking I do for my partner! He just naturally uses food for fuel. He is very active and his body works so well so he needs a really good meal for fuel ....then he digests it - works hard ...and then needs more fuel!

He cut out sugar and starting eating way better meals .... and has lost 10K. He is eating a lot more good fats and often his weight drops by a couple of K. - and then I worry he is losing too much. Tony can even have the odd cookie ....he does spend a lot of the day outside and does stretches on the wet grass. Tony is a walking advert for Jack and the three legged stool!

I hope other women here will share their experiences ......... the good, the bad and the ugly so we can all learn from each other.

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  8. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I've watched a lot of Stephanie "The Business" Person on youtube for many years. She's 49 years old and has a body of a 20 year old from the ketosis she's been doing for the past 10 years. She's also had terrible injuries in the past with her knees so she does mostly upperbody work. Stephanie also has a lot of advice for women.

She's more of a year-long advocate of ketosis, but she also gets outside a great deal and knows exactly what to eat and what to avoid to spike insulin. She has her circadian rhythm DOWN, and has advocated (in many past videos) that people will stall trying to lose fat and get ripped if they miss that element. She puts Chronobiology first in her routine or it bumps her out of being ketotic. I may have to weave in some ketosis now that my hack is done to get back down to 160 by summer, but then I'll still eat lower sugar, lower GI foods when they come into season.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks - I will check out Stephanie!

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I was looking back at the original leptin RX blogs this morning, and one thing that struck me was that since they were originally written the nnemf and blue light problem has escalated much further .... and women are naturally more environmentally sensitive. I think women tying in eliminating as much as they can and mitigating more could make the difference between success or failure, both in terms of weight control, and prior to menopause, getting the environment right to be able to conceive and have healthy children if they choose to. I think the quiz in Reality 5 can be a game changer for helping women using the leptin RX . But from one of the blogs: "IFing is worthless in LR states". Add in a bad environment and the result is .......? Already stressed cells and a starvation signal? Worse for women because they are already more environmentally sensitive than men? :confused:

Also if only 1/3 of the electrons come from food, then if I can't get the 2/3 from the natural environment for any reason, missing or reducing the 1/3 doesn't do me any favours. For instance if I had to work all day in a nnemf hell and IF'd, for me as a woman it would be a recipe for a disaster. Yes I could IF and lose weight faster, but at what cost? What if I was also leptin resistant? Being post menopausal makes it more difficult to lose weight, but whatever the short term gain in terms of weight loss, what would 10 years of permanent ketosis do to my mitochondria in the long term when I live in an area with definite seasons? I'm nearly 60, and I'm not interested in aiming for a body of a woman 30 years younger, that's fa├žade stuff ... My brain and heart mitochondria are more important, if weight loss takes longer so be it. :)

Mystic Rose60, nija and caroline like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Sue ....very on track and to the point.....

12. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I used to listen to and watch Stephanie on Youtube. She's a very nice gal, but she doesn't have the six best healers in the world down yet. She lives in LA and she also works out in an artificial blue light gym for at least three hours per day, 5 or 6 days per week. She also wears sunglasses on occasion and to my knowledge, doesn't ground. She just might be an example of the blue straggler star that Jack talks about....blue light=quick and bright! I've even sent her messages on her FB, but she fails to grasp it. You know the old saying about leading the horse to water, but you can't make them drink?

I'll take optimal over physique anyday now. But it just so happens, I haven't gained any post menopausal fat, but about 10 lbs of lean muscle and I contribute that to my love affair with Nature and being so faithful and trusting in it....as I said before, I surrendered my heart to nature and as a result, remarkable healing has taken place. It's a beautiful relationship!:love:

Intermittent fasting has worked well for me here. One, possibly two meals per day. My large one about 9 or 10 am and just something small in the early afternoon, if at all. I'm getting most of my electrons from the sum and grounding. I just keep my spring water with me and drink that whenever I am thirsty, but not even near the amount of that that I used to need, due to being so dehydrated.

I eat 90% of the time connected to Nature too. I took that advice and ran with it!

I talk to the sun and I tell it just how beautiful and healing it is and I feel so grateful for it. The sun kisses me back. It's awesome to have such a beautiful, personal love affair with Nature!:love::love::thumbsup:

caroline, Scompy and Sue-UK like this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Having done the leptin reset, and following circadian cycles, I too can IF, usually 2 meals a day, occasionally 1. My problem is our weather :(rather than working in an office all day ... and sometimes after 2 or 3 days of days low quantum yield IFing is no longer effortless, energy and mood slump and I'm back to 3 meals. I was reassured by Reality 8 : "So if a woman does not get this sunlight boost how does her cells react? She has to eat more to provide more electrons to offset the light energy deficit." UV index of 6 today, good recharging weather ....:D

caroline and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  14. Mystic Rose60

Soak up that sunshine sister and just enjoy!!!! :love: I'm getting ready to head out in it for the day too. :thumbsup:

Sue-UK likes this.
  15. nija

nija New Member

yesterday I have spent 4 hours walking in sea beach .I have felt amazing and with lot of energy .
    It was very warm and felt so much rejuvenated . I would like to know -- what is the best time to be in when UV index is low or high .
    I try to in sun morning sunrise when UV index is less than 3 . I am california , San francisco(CA 94404) where UV index is 6 already by 9 -10 am .
    Please suggest the timing for light for better effetive

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If your time on the sun is limited,
    best time is two hours before and two hours after solar noon.

The thing is about solar noon.
    I summer, when we have Daylight Saving Time (DST)
    clocks are moved one hour ahead (of solar noon)
    So, when we are under DST the best time is 11AM-3PM
    other times 10AM-2PM

Important.
    Skin must be hardened to accept prolonged sun exposure.
    When having skin that have not seen sun in ages,
    one must take one whole month of incremental increases to build skin resistance to sun.

drezy likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I tried to watch Stephanie .....she drove me nuts!

18. drezy

drezy Gold

@caroline , I don't understand. I found myself staring at her. Could there be biological differences between you and I???

caroline and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  19. Mystic Rose60

Then this one's for you drezy! Her most recent video...LOL! BAM!!!:thumbsup:

20. drezy

drezy Gold

Wait, is she actually talking too?!? As a male I'm genetically predisposed to tell her "Tell me more about your cats' personalities. We should chat over coffee."