1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nightshades and Teeth?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by AstralJam8, Sep 30, 2018.

1. AstralJam8

AstralJam8 New Member

Something I've noticed about Nightshades (especially the skins) is that they do something rather unusual to my teeth. It's hard to describe, but it feels like anytime I eat cooked/softened Nightshades (bell peppers, tomatoes, sometimes potato skins, etc.) my teeth feel like they've lost their substance and smooth texture, like they're made of rigid micro-sponge that could easily scratch or break. It's rather unsettling when it happens, feels like if I were to bite into anything hard in this condition it would demolish a few teeth. The effect seems most pronounced if the food was sauteed or fried with oil (I don't do this when cooking for myself but I often encounter this when eating out,) and it goes away after about an hour and has always puzzled me. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get Spectracell Micronutrient analysis, possibly something shows up.

3. drezy

drezy Gold

JanSz likes this.