1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Night sweats

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by PaleoDentist, May 6, 2012.

1. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

I have been sweating profusely at night. so bad so, that my wife told me if this is what cold thermogenesis does to me, I can't sleep in our bed anymore. The sheets and blanket are wet when I wake up. she is doing laundry every day and is sick of it! is this normal and will this stop? is this a sign that my "inner furnace" is lit?

2. debbiemikus

debbiemikus New Member

Gosh, I hope so, I am anxiously waiting for Jack's reply.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I can't attest for the furnace being lit but I went thru about 2 weeks worth. But, I am female and I believe it was an estrogen dump for me. Interesting that you are having this though. It is very possible though that you too are having an estrogen dump. How long have you been having them?

4. Birdy

Birdy New Member

do your own laundry. This will pass. We had been doing half-a$$es CT, and the first couple of weeks, hot and cold alot, just like menopause.

5. Birdy

Birdy New Member

....and another benefit of CT, empathy from the guys.

Flawed likes this.
  6. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

don't know how. ;)

7. Birdy

Birdy New Member

ha ha, then there is no hope for you. How about a hammock in the backyard? Or, start with no covers and don't wait until you are drenched.

8. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

I do mine, even the ironing.

9. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

All fat accumulates estrogen so even men can get dump if they are dropping fat.... Bet it's only temporary. Up the mushrooms, cruciferous veggies, and detox-friendly supplements for a while ... I know JK has info in CT blog comments...I'm not doing deep CT yet, want labs and want to know how to best support detox before I go much further... Will post what I find!

10. Tizawee

Tizawee New Member

True, Krusing, all fat does accumulate estrogen. For anyone wondering why they're doing an estrogen dump, male or female, take a look at how many plastics are in your life. Plastics put out xenoestrogens. Plus some of the artificial stuff in the food supply these days is estrogenic as well. This prevalence of estrogen is in large part responsible for the upsurge in gynomastia (man boobs) in the last few decades. Keep up the CT, PaleoDentist, Birdy is right: it'll pass.

11. Adria

Adria New Member

This doesn't seem normal, to soak the sheets like you describe. My DH has non-hodgkins lymphoma. He has severe night sweats when the disease is present, w/no other symptoms. I would pay close attention to this.

12. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I noticed last week that I started waking up in the night really hot and sweaty. I assume it is due to steping up the CT a bit because I am still have some sinus drainage too. Plus I am still getting deep pimples on back of arms and upper back. Not fun but has to be detox since it is different.

13. Joce_

Joce_ New Member

I'm getting night sweats too. It was really bad a couple of weeks ago, now I put a towel on my bed. The funny thing is that I usually sweat around my bum and back of my thighs only.

Anyone else have any advise on when it should stop? Is this really due to the estrogen dump?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Night sweats are a sign of poor ocular melatonin formation and LR due to IL 6 and nfr2 activation

Richelle Jones and Scompy like this.
  15. Joce_

Joce_ New Member

Thanks Jack. I'm just starting out with the LR. Hopefully the night sweats will start to go away soon.

16. Sujoe123

Sujoe123 New Member

what does LR mean?

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Leptin Reset - I think ^^

18. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Jack was referring to Leptin Resistance, Joce was referring to the Leptin Reset