1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nicotine gum biohack - UBI 17

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Lahelada, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Pardon me, I'll be more specific:
    I picked up a pack of Nicotinelle lozenges, and found out it contains aspartame after reading the content label in the box.
    The nicotine product spread where I live isn't large, and I shouldn't comment too extensively.

Meant it as a heads up, since I didn't read of aspartame anywhere on this thread.

Thanks for pointing that out.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

I use nicorette original flavor, they are not really sweet and non coated. If you want real clean nicotine you can use the pure drops. Not available in Germany tho :( but in US they are I think!

3. HI guy n girls, I was wondering if anyone has tried to make a tea from tobacco leaves? I am fortunate enough to be able to access some (organic)

Also as a preservative i thinking to either add a small amount of alchohol, although i thought this to be counter intuitive for redox .......or lemon juice just so that i dont have to prepare it each time ie. make a batch and keep it for a couple of weeks in the fridge.

I am heading to an island (ie heaps of sun and no pollution, smog or nn EMF) and want to try this nictotine hack to see what effects it may have.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

be careful if the sun is strong.

5. OK...that is a big problem.
    It is 2 degrees N of the equator and am on a beach all day. Would methylene blue be better to try in the strong sun than nicotine? (for icreasing mito efficiency)

6. LouiseAngela

LouiseAngela Louise

What causes floaters?

7. Valerie

Valerie Gold

Looking back on it my floaters started getting really bad after adding a second large monitor on my desk.
    It was before reading JK website, so the monitors gave off full blue light. Now I use F.lux on both of them.

Light needs to be balanced, blue light produces ROS.

8. Valerie, blue-light blocking glasses are way better than f.lux in my experience. Use both.
    Q'Rad Randy

9. Valerie

Valerie Gold

Randy....Thanks for the input. Will give that a try!

10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks for bringing up this older thread with lots of great info. I discovered it this morning and had to read all 5 pages, outside grounding in the sun with my nicotine lozenge. :)

I'll just add my experience here. I am an ex-smoker. I smoked off and on for ~20 years, from the ages of 14-34. I was *very* hesitant to try nicotine in any form. I read John Kiefer's e-book about it over a year ago, and just could not bring myself to do it.

After reading about it here, I experimented with the drops from Blue Brain Boost. That did not go well. One drop was too much all at once. It caused stomach upset and overall just did NOT feel right. I threw the bottle in the trash so I would not be tempted to continue something that was clearly wrong for me at the time.

When I decided to experiment again, I have been using the 2mg mini lozenges ~ parking and spitting. This, combined with everything else I am doing since coming here, has been no less than magical for me. I feel like myself again. I can look back and see where I was over this past winter, and it seems like a different person.

I don't feel addicted to it like I did with smoking. It's not the same for me. I know there is a time and a place for it, and I am able to use it only when needed.

I don't fully understand how it all works, but the words are starting to make more sense to me. For now I will just say I am eternally grateful.

Toby King, River and nicld like this.
  11. Toby King

Toby King Gold

Wow thats an amazing experience Jenelle!

I have been considering biohacking nicotine myself, but given Im still 17 I dont want to risk what I believe is an increased likelihood of addiction for my age range. Would love input on this.

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've gone on and off nicotine gum over this past year and don't think there is any need to worry about addiction. I would assume with smoking it is addictive because its in much higher amounts and has other chemicals.

Toby King likes this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Toby, I believe my mother may have smoked while pregnant with me (it was the 70's, after all :rolleyes: ). I know she was at least exposed to second-hand -- I would say constantly, as my father smoked in the car and home. Then I was of course exposed to it growing up, then of course I began smoking myself.

What I can tell you is that quitting was always a MAJOR struggle... and one that I would not wish upon anyone. BUT. I can look back to those years now and see that I was not eating right, I was not sleeping right, my stress level was high with little kids, and I was not exercising. Certainly not eating DHA, getting lots of sunshine, fresh air, and grounding. Certainly no knowledge of blue light, EMFs, eye clocks, etc.

In other words -- I think most smokers do not take very good care of themselves, like we try to do here.

I have been thinking and thinking about your question. I have a son who is 15, and who has just recently started consuming caffeine for the first time in his life (mostly in the form of green tea... also occasional diet soda). It gives him a boost, he feels good and happy, and I'd say he's probably addicted. Would I let him experiment with the nicotine lozenges at this age? ...Man... that's a tough one. I'm gonna have to sit back for awhile and see what other responses you get.

Toby King and Lahelada like this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I have been thinking too. The problem with any uneducated opinion here is this . Picture 1 is expectation,picture 2 reality..
    brain reality.jpg

I went as far as google scholar "effect of nicotine on the adolescent brain" and got as much as a study that says this : "While upregulation also occurs during prenatal, neonatal and postnatal developmental periods, as well as adolescence, there have been conflicting results regarding a change in corresponding gene expression. However, there is strong evidence that nicotine exposure during these influential periods of development contributes to later changes in the cholinergic system." http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gbb.12251/full

This second study has more info and from the little "clear text" :confused: I can decipher I would say NO to nicotine in adolescence.. Toby , I think your gut feeling of staying away from this is correct.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2746456/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Jenelle and Toby King like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Luis's bio-hack points out the key with nicotine posted July 5, 2016: You got to get UV/IR light to make it unleash.

"Last fall I experimented with nicotine lozenges for a few weeks to test for cognitive boost. (I've never smoked cigarettes) other than burning sensation in my mouth, I didnt notice much and would even forget to use it....most addictive substance....meh.

Figured the losenges were weak so got some nicotine drops at the end of winter. Three or four drops transdermally didnt do much. So I tried sublingual, got a bit of a buzz with 2 drops. Stopped using it again. A coupleweeks ago after much increasing my solar quantum yield (as much as is possible in Chicago, I figured I would use it again for an upcoming meeting

I quickly put a few drops under my tongue and drove off to the meeting. Almost immediately I became very dizzy like I was high. I figured I must have over dosed. So I pulled back to 2 drops, still dizzy.

I just pulled back to one drop and I'm still slightly loopy.

UV light increases dopamine production, IR light induces dopamine receptor regeneration. So I am guessing I am now more sensitive to exogenous dopamine.

Light is one helluva drug!"

16. Leo cosen

Leo cosen New Member

I'm going to give this a try as I also have floaters. They did fade to about 30% after my first 72 hour fast but came back soon after the first refeed day.

Thanks for sharing !

17. Leo cosen

Leo cosen New Member

Hi Jack, any thoughts on the potential downsides such as tumour growth ? Would you recommend avoiding nicotine while being in a state of ketosis? I remember you saying something about ketosis and tumors.

I wonder if nicotine should maybe be taken when the light cycles are long when you would get nicotine anyway from nightshades?

Thank you

Jack

18. kris90

kris90 New Member

I recently started using nicotine to help biohack SAD. For the most part, I can use CT entirely to treat SAD symptoms experienced in winter, but I thought why not experiment.

I learned about MAO genes, so I'm curious to get my SNPs done, because I feel like I lose dopamine and other neurotransmitters ridiculously fast, and with nicotine being a MAO inhibitor, I thought it would be a good experiment.

So far I've definitely noticed a dopamine boost. The boost is significant when I use the gum while outside walking in the cold or doing CT. I've also noticed quite the boost when using it with Sperti sunlamp or tanning bed. I usually take 2mg in gum form while watching sunrise, and again around noon while outside.

WalterNL likes this.
  19. AndrewLanghorn

AndrewLanghorn New Member

Apologies for the slight departure from the topic. I'm trying to source a form of nicotine in the UK that DOESN'T contain aspartame or artificial sweeteners. I've not found any gum or lozenges from any brand in the UK that is not aspartame or artificial sweetener free. Has anyone else found an potential source that is of any use?

I'm currently using Nicorette Original Gum, which contains Sorbitol amongst other chemical additives. But sometimes (I prefer the lozenges) use Nicorette Cools 2mg lozenges Sucralose & Acesulfame potassium which are probably doing more harm than any benefit.

Any advice for here in the UK - nicotine patches of any benefit?

20. Penny

Penny New Member

Chew it then spit out the first bunch of "flavor"... it takes 13 chews to activate, so spit out somewhere in there and you should still get the nicotine - also, make sure you do it in the sun and you can always try the nicotine patches...

AndrewLanghorn likes this.