1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nicotine gum biohack - UBI 17

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Lahelada, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I have given the nicotine the boot for now. It gives me headaches which to e i a diagnosis of dehydration. I will start up in a week again and see if such a little time makes a difference.

seanb4 likes this.
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Lozenges! Excellent idea.
    I get that lump in my throat also, Lilly.

3. With "practise", which means the longer I use the gum, the better it gets. Now it's just a hint of a lump, which disappears very quickly ( with 1mg).
    Have you noticed any changes in the globus sensation?

4. I might know where the lump comes from, nonchalant!
    when i chew a lot and then swallow, the lump appears. when I chew just a little and leave the gum in my cheek, and then chew again and let the nicotine be absorbed-no lump.
    So it's the swallowing of nicotine which causes it.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ah! That would explain why sometimes I get no lump. Perhaps it would also apply to the slight disorientation I get sometimes.

6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have definitely noticed I feel a lot calmer afterwards. This is prob why smokers have a fag when stressed.

Jude likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nicotinic receptors in brain are in the parasympathetic system.......rest and digest.

8. Brother John

Brother John Silver

I wonder if there is a way to prevent it's vasoconstrictor effect? My hack was using an e cig and I liked the increased mental alertness and increased energy BUT my blood pressure went Way UP.... I would suggest monitoring Blood Pressure and Heart Rate with this bio hack...
    Thanks,
    Brother John

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

e-cig no bueno. Method of delivery is key.....cant use it when it cause pseudohypoxia.

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

11. I started on nicotine on the Cruise and seemed to do really 'well' on it. 2mg a day just in the morning no food or cravings of any kind all day. Ate in the evening only. Yesterday (Monday) day after I got back again took 2mg and felt kind of strongly 'affected' all day. Did not eat at all yesterday very unusual for me..............like as in never happened before.

But felt 'flushed' and hot, warm face and hands and feet a bit too. So today did not take ate once today.

Anyway this in not really important except for me to work out but I spoke to someone today and he said 'the problem with taking nicotine is your body will stop making it and then if you stop you will feel depleted or really craving it' Road to addiction?. So my question is simple enough how about the principle of 'if you make it don't take it'. How does that fit into the nicotine story?

Also the only effect I sort of understand is it stimulated the para-sympathetic nervous system..............I can kind of feel that and I 'like' it. I am a bit of a stress case so anything that encourages rest and recreation etc is most welcome to me. Again though am I getting dependent on a substance to alter my mood. Downside - addiction? or dependence whatever you want to call it.

I felt very encouraged the first 4 days am I am definitely interested in pursuing it more but I have those questions. It's like the argument against taking testosterone or is nicotine not really analogous to hormones? Any replies welcome.

seanb4, nicld, Jude and 1 other person like this.
  12. nicld

nicld Gold

Good question Patrick. I was wondering the same thing.

Also, does one have to keep taking it or will it help to get things more balanced and then one can stop? I still have way more reading to do before deciding if it is right for me. Environment first for me.

13. Martin

Martin Gold

I've experienced more clarity at times, and woozy at others. But no pattern as many things can and do cause this. I've not done over 2mg in a day. Also experienced a bit more energy at times. Taking this slowly...

freesia, caroline and seanb4 like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nicotine should be broken up.......meaning once or twice a week maybe enough to extend effect

Shijin13 and nicld like this.
  15. cantweight

cantweight Gold

^^^yes i am just noticing that!

16. Yeah I am noticing that too. I had my last 2mg on Monday am now it's Wednesday pm and I can still feel it in me. It does not feel right to take another................I will wait and see and listen closely to what I feel that seems to be the best guide. Thanks Dr K that is helpful

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and Shijin13 like this.
  17. Martin

Martin Gold

Hmmm, I've done the intermittent dosing instinctively. I seem to do very few things every day. Would a ancient human chew nicotine gum every day?!

freesia and Shijin13 like this.
  18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been doing this as well...

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

in biology there is no vacation from bad environment..............

Shijin13 likes this.
  20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Interesting Jack.... On vacation to NOLA, Buccaner Bay Ms Southern Birmingham AL, and Great Smokies in Northern Tn... I slept like crap, even though I was eating Sacks of oysters, and grounding (CT's a bit hard when primitive camping with the exception of the 1 day we had playing in the gulf) and I couldn't get enough water but as soon as I got back to the crappy DMV environment... sleep returned, and water consumption dropped... I'm still trying to figure out what happened. Of all the places we visited I slept best in NOLA but still woke up several times for the loo. Now I'm back to sleeping through the night and waking refreshed...