1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nicotine gum biohack - UBI 17

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Lahelada, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    seanb4, fitness@home and nicld like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

great idea Lah! loved talking to you this morning! You are very special woman:)

my experience ..... I have been using the coolmints -2mg. I feel hyper I think - I don't think I would describe it as more energy or more brain power.
    I have only used it in the morning. My sleep has been lousy so I wondered if it was a contributing factor???

But in another thread we have mentioned lousy, hot/sweaty sleep and changing sweating patterns - I haven't had a BO problem for years. Now that I think about it - when we first came to Australia I all of a sudden had body odour and used to quiz everyone on what kind of deodorant to use ....

Lahelada likes this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I tried the nicotine gum in a disjointed fashion . The first two days I notice a lot more mental clarity but also more cold sensitivity. No energy burst . My results are skewed though as I have NOT tapered off carbs as I should have done going to none/very little on winter solstice day . I will restart this next week.

My nicotine gum: Nicotine 2mg equivalent to 10mg polacryline nicotine,gum base contan hydroxtoluene butylate,calcium carbonate,sorbitol,xylitol,anhydrous sodium carbonate,bicarbonate of soda,polacryline,glycerol,mint millcap,purified water,natural mint flavour,levomenthol,saccharine,aceulfame,manitol,gelatine,titanium dioxide,carnauba wax , lol more natural mint flavour.

Something tells me that this - being the only nicotine gum available here- is not really doing me any favours . Hmm..

4. nicld

nicld Gold

Great idea La.

I am very curious about this but will not even think of trying it until I get the house rewired. Having one place where people can share their experience will really help others.

Lahelada likes this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

My 2mg gum ingredients: Chewing gum base, sorbitol, polacrilin, sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, flavourings, glycerol, talc and E321. Really boring taste so I'm not tempted by a minty sweet flavour, I can keep it medicinal. Some days I have 4 x 2mg, some days less, today none so far .....I'm near the coast for a few days, and together with a BAB what they seem to be doing is taking away the temptation to eat the local pasties, ice cream and clotted cream scones ....
    I'm not sure if I can give all the credit to the gum because I've also struck lucky with the accommodation - one wifi signal and having removed the bedside clock, the emf readings on my meter are less than at home, good blackout curtains, sleep really good. Add some barefoot walking on the moors and at the beach plus some time in the sea, lots of seafood, and I can feel the difference. :cool: But I do think the gum has given me a mental edge, and gives me just enough of a boost when i'm getting tired or my energy is dipping to avoid self sabotage ....

Lahelada and Martin like this.
  6. Martin

Martin Gold

I like this. Prompted me to take the time to re-read UBI 17.

I started with 2 mg Nicorette gum a couple of weeks ago and got sick as a dog for about an hour. Figured it wasn't for me, but something told me to keep the pack for later.

Oh yeah.

I started back a week ago with .5 mg (I quartered each piece) and what a difference. NO quesy, sick, spinning feeling. Experienced a bit more mental clarity and a decent amount of extra energy, but not speedy and hyper. A few hours later chewed another quarter and did well. Finished another quarter about the middle of the afternoon and stopped for the day. Repeated same for the next week and today I'm upping to 1 mg first thing in AM and then at noon to see any changes. If I don't climb the walls or crash I'm doing another 1 mg in the afternoon.

DIL is always interested in the crazy shit I've been doing for the last four years and is put off by the reputation of nicotine as being addictive. I'm sending her UBI 17 paragraph highlighting nicotine gum to show that there is SOLID science behind everything I do and this is not some dipshit reckless tactic to rebuild my body.

I seem to remember that nicotine and resveratrol (or ubiquinol?) taken together is beneficial. Got to go research that more.

Who'da thought nicotine has a place in bio-hacking?!

We all know who.

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thank you @Martin.I just did the same and overdosed by accident. I took 2 mg at 10 am ,felt good enough to go for skipping lunch.Took a second one at 12.30 and almost immediately brain fog,pressure headache and felt woozy.Drank a litre of water,a bit better.Bought lunch,ate lunch slightly better.But HUNGRY still.
    I will back off and restart with a much lower dose. Edit:add feeling really cold and tired to the equatjon now.

It is really important to take this slowly.

E

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

A strength comparison cigarettes smoked/nicotine gum.

I think my reaction to it is more to do with my ECT running on empty which I suspected. I felt better before taking even the first gum. Hunger afterwards bears that out.
    The blood level nicotine comparison is here.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1268547

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I've only experimented a bit with it and prefer the lozenges over gum.

I find that using 2mg between 6:15-6:45 a.m. when outside and watching the sun come up is best for me. Good energy, doesn't leave me edgy, no ill effects thus far. Last Saturday I also did another dose at 4:00 p.m. and my energy/stamina remained strong late into the night (you want that in New Orleans!) and had no detrimental affect on my sleep.

**Editing to add: I also find it makes me very "regular". This is a good thing.**

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Cool thread.

Main thing I have noticed is light headedness and weakness.

I take 4mg first thing in the morning, cold shower, then breakfast. The 0-8mg spread throughout the day.

On the odd occasion I have gotten very weak, sickly and dizzy where I cannot stand up for fear what will happen. I also burn up at this time. My interpretation of this is it is up regulating uncoupling hence the heat but my body isn't coping with it well thanks to poor redox/hormones/etc.

I should probably get round to reading UB17...

Jude and Lahelada like this.
  11. Excellent idea, Lahelada.
    2 mg for me is definitely too much. It left me dizzy and light headed . Now I break it into halves of 1 mg, which is lots better. No dizziness.

But what i experienced, even with 1 mg is like a globus sensation in the throat, like a lump when swallowing. Has anybody had that so far?
    It stays for an hour or so and then disappears .
    I'm not sure if it's due to the nicotine or the other ingredients.
    I use the gum twice a day, 1 mg every time. So far, other than the globus I have not noticed a big difference. Maybe a little more energy, but it can be my imagination. Maybe 2 x 1 mg is too little???
    What I did feel yesterday, is that CT was A LOT easier..I spent the week in the Austrian mountains with freezing mountain lakes and alpine streams.
    So we seized the opportunity to do some deep CT.
    First I thought I got the temperature wrong, because it felt so warm! But the temp was freezing...
    Have to retest that tomorrow !!!

caroline, Lahelada and fitness@home like this.
  12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

How interesting everybody. Lily,I had the opposite experience re cold . I deduce from that that feeling cojd is a sign that my dosis was too hifor me as I am usually quite hardy.

13. That's interesting, Lahelada....
    I'm so glad you opened this thread, as I'm not so sure what to think about nicotine's effect on me. It's really helpful to see other experiences ( although it's always about context and n=1) in one pooled thread.
    Let's biohack this a little further...:)

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I felt the cold more to start with, but that has changed. Both cold and hot tolerance seems better now. :)

lilly antic and seanb4 like this.
  15. Valerie

Valerie Gold

The nicotine gum continues to provide energy and takes away the need for food (breakfast/lunch); been on it about 3.5 weeks. I am a consistent coffee drinker and found it hard to give up. With the gum I continue to drink coffee with no problem. Use 2 mg first thing in morning and 2 mg near lunch and shifting to just eating dinner (possible late afternoon snack) with no real issue. Previously, I had to eat 2-3 meals a day. Guess now I am activating the PPP (finally).

Periodically I take 1-3 day break. My rule is no gum if I am going to eat a meal (like breakfast). Hopefully use of food in place of gum might prevent addiction.

Interesting observation is that in the last week several dark floaters in my eyes have shown substantial improvement (less dark and more diffuse, and dropping to the bottom of my eye out of field of view). So I am going to continue for awhile more to see if the nicotine might be helping maybe my DC current? Back in March I did start eating raw fish, and I continue to expose my closed eyes to the early morning sun on the weekends which also could be contributing to the improvements.

No significant impact to body temperature, maybe a little warmer.

seanb4 likes this.
  16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been experimenting with it in 2mg longezes Initially I wasn't going to for a while... but I had the start of a migraine, and went out and picked up 2mg, after reading several journal articles the day prior about nicotine, and APQ4 gates and migraines. so I popped 2mg and stood outside grounding. w/in 15min the migraine was gone. I felt awesome all day.

Though some days I get a bit light headed... w/the 2mg... so I'm going to try a week of 1mg. and see how that goes. Ive been waking right before the sunrise since taking it. When I was down in NOLA there were days I had it, and others that I skiped it w/no desire either way for it...

I think I'll be using nicotine as a way to help me couple during times of stress, and seasonal changes... and see how that goes...

@NeilBB out to give his n-1 with this as well.... so should @cantweight

Theka and nicld like this.
  17. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I've been using 2mg gum every morning for 12 days. I find it is a disgusting habit to chew gum in the morning lol. Since I've been a nicotine addict for 17 years, I notice no dramatic or immediate effect, even after I haven't smoked for some years now. I didn't feel different or at least not something that I can notice right now. But something happened... my body temperature dropped consistently after 2 days of chewing by 0,4 degrees C. Today was the last gum and I will quit now out of fear for addiction. It will be interesting to see if my temperature will go back to usual. Wondering what drop in temp means? Does anybody know?

seanb4 likes this.
  18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

When I first started I put the gum automatically on the left hand side of my mouth..... When I realised what I was doing I would sometimes deliberately put it on the right. It was different but I can't put my finger on why, but it might be worth a try. I also experienced the first chewing of the gum to get it going as a slight fizz, almost a burning but not quite, on my tongue. So I've also experimented with holding it on and under my tongue, paying attention to the fizz .... that seems much quicker, I get rid of the gum earlier, possibly because the tongue as a sense organ probably concentrates DHA? I was wondering whether having conditioned myself with the physiological effects of nicotine first, perhaps I can now use nicotine and the tongue as a quantum signal. Yesterday I didn't use it, but thought about it a few times, remembering the sensation on my tongue .... Virtual nicotine anyone? :p

cantweight and lilly antic like this.
  19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Forgot to add nausea to the list.

I am interested in nicotines effect on the Vagus Nerve.

"Nicotine is anti-inflammatory by acting on the acetylcholine receptors normally responsive to acetylcholine released by the vagus nerve". So does this mean nicotine does not stimulate the vagus nerve but simulates an aspect of it?

This http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16056392 seems to indicate nicotine helping ulcerative collitus.

I am still not sure if nicotine directly stimulates the vagus nerve. I hope it will increase my stomach emptying. I remember @yewwie.tan saying to take the gum first thing in morning as this has some effect of yolking metabilism to day light. Maybe he knows more?

Also for the Light headedness, would this be something to do with the increase in blood sugar? If we are doing low carb or just ate a low carb high fat meal would the body struggle with the slight increase in blood glucose and thus maybe not be able to generate the superoxide to help the respiratory proteins?

Martin likes this.
  20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've had a 2 day break but am now doing a 7 day cycle. Reason is that I think the nicotine helps keep the clock in my head running slightly faster, it also seems to give my gut a bit of extra current (so needing less fibre). My working theory is that if I can keep the clock in my head running at the right speed, with my gut having some battery powered peristalsis, :D excess fat will sort itself out naturally, providing a steady supply of stem cells for other ongoing repairs, particularly repairs to my solar battery ......(I'm concentrating my light therapy on the damaged collagen of my belly stretch marks, using a cream that contains garlic extract).

I think I can tolerate 2mg doses without light-headedness, nausea etc because my mitochondria can handle the charge because of months of more water, DHA and CT. I'm finding now though that I don't want to keep the gum in for long, so I might halve the dose and increase the frequency, just to keep the clock consistently running slightly ahead.

Lahelada, nicld and seanb4 like this.