1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Yesterday was a glorious day at the beach - you could not ask for better weather! Made a new friend - a very cute 5 year old girl. She saw me collecting rocks (II want to use them in my backyard) and kept finding and bringing me more. Later I taught her how to do a cartwheel and we played in the sand. She made her parents promise her that they would come here again next weekend - so funny. :) I also tested my new swimsuit - I thought it was way too expensive, but I just could not resist it. Well, it was worth every penny...

I am not sure why but I have been feeling nauseated for a few days now - it does not go away.... I don't seem to have any digestive or elimination problems....

Nights are getting hot and I so don't want to start using the air conditioner. Keeping windows open also lets too much light in. This is something new for me to figure out this year......At least, I no longer have to worry about any of the skin care product getting spoiled in all that heat - I got rid of them all because I no longer need any of them. Just thinking of all the money I am saving now makes me feel less guilty for being so extravagant with my swimsuit purchase. I actually want one more from that site, but that one is even more expensive.....

I keep having some kind of seafood (albeit cooked) every day now. My weakness at this time is my love of fresh vegetables. I could have a ton of them if I let myself...

Still not taking any thyroid meds - my temp is now up slightly above 96F and is steady. Looks like my thyroid is really trying - so, I will be patient and give it a chance.

This video left me with a huge smile on my face:

And this one I used for my dance today:

Lahelada likes this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Love the duo ! Good to hear from you.

Tanya likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice... I think the women on this site do not need to buy much other clothes than swim suits / bikinis :D because that is what we wear all the time o_O ;)

Children are magic, aren't they! I just love to spend time with them.... and they easily give you lots of skin contact too... so healing!
    Lets hope your friend will come back often :) I am sure she will
    I think children love it when adults play with and talk to them.....

Tanya likes this.
  4. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I completely agree with you, Inger - they are magic. They also teach us almost as much as we teach them. It is a real treat to be around 5-year old. You don't need to do a "baby talk" with them as they are now smart enough to understand so many things. That girl was very smart, pretty and friendly.... She goes to a summer camp during the week and she has a dance class among her activities there. At the end of the session, they will perform for their families and other campers, but she was having trouble doing a cartwheel. Not anymore, though!:) My husband got a little bit jealous that I was spending that much time with her;)

Later, when he and I went for a walk, I felt that his gripping my hand a bit more tightly than usual. Hmmm, that swimsuit had his "seal of approval" before I ordered it:p:p:p

5. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Me too!:):):) Did you finally get a new notebook? It must have been very hard for you to be without it. I know for a fact, that it was for me - I missed you humor and your special ability of researching and finding the information that I always find so very helpful;)

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Aww,thank you. No,no notebook but found a better keyboard to download. A touch bigger and infinitely better. With the standard one I was so tense hacking away at the screen it was no fun at all.

Tanya likes this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Aha! What a relief - for me, anyway....At least, I no longer need to consider getting to know Mr. Google on a more intimate level:p:p:p But seriously, I am glad that it is working out for you and we can still communicate. I value that very much:)

8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

9. Tanya

Tanya Gold

10. Tanya

Tanya Gold

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

[​IMG]

Today's PSA is about probability neglect — our inability to properly grasp a proper sense of peril and risk — which often leads us to overstate the risks of relatively harmless activities, while forcing us to overrate more dangerous ones. Biology makes this error often and does not realize it. Why am I sharing the picture? A thought is absurd by what it seeks but is great by what it is. A thought is an endocrine secretion formed and containing electrons from your brain. Those electrons contain energy and information for you to share with others. Biology can not measure thoughts so they do not count on them to alter our DNA or epigenome. They do.

Josh, Alex97232 and Lahelada like this.
  12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Jack, I appreciate this very thought provoking PSA about probability neglect.

I must admit that I have never given that much thought before to this entire process, but I imagine that there are several factors at play when people form their decisions, such as other people’s influence in their lives and what media encourages people to think and believe. Unless that someone has the ability to think for himself, of course…. More and more rare occurrence these days. Made me raise my eyebrows so many times, especially lately - that alone should qualify as my entire exercise routine. lol

Interesting still, as I learned today from you how a thought is formed from a quantum prospective. :) I always equated it with a tiny voice in my head that was telling me what to do or not to do. Kind of like what Vincent Van Gogh once said: If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint” then by all mean paint, and the voice will be silenced.

Thank you again for sharing this.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well this is a pre post post idea to warm your brain up for Tensegrity 4. A lot of what is in it ties to all of our cognitive biases.

Alex97232, Tanya and Josh like this.
  14. Tanya

Tanya Gold

This is absolutely incredible!!!!! I held my breath the entire time

15. Tanya

Tanya Gold

16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

17. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Tanya likes this.
  18. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Paul, I just hope that she will be able to retain that feeling when the music is over and the reality sets in..... Personally, I could never do anything like that - and dancing is everything to me.... and so much more....Still, I admire her spirit!

19. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Abraham Lincoln said it so beautifely so many years ago - it is and should always be a guiding light for all of the humanity to follow:

20. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

For those who don't have 6 minutes to watch the video:

Abraham Lincoln’s Letter to His Son’s Teacher

He will have to learn, I know, that all men are not just, all men are not true.
    But teach him also that for every scoundrel there is a hero;
    that for every selfish Politician, there is a dedicated leader…
    Teach him for every enemy there is a friend,

Steer him away from envy, if you can, teach him the secret of quiet laughter.

Let him learn early that the bullies are the easiest to lick… Teach him, if you can,
    the wonder of books… But also give him quiet time to ponder the eternal mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun, and the flowers on a green hillside.

In the school teach him it is far more honourable to fail than to cheat…
    Teach him to have faith in his own ideas, even if everyone tells him they are wrong…
    Teach him to be gentle with gentle people, and tough with the tough.

Try to give my son the strength not to follow the crowd when everyone is getting on the band wagon…Teach him to listen to all men…but teach him also to filter all he hears on a screen of truth, and take only the good that comes through.

Teach him if you can, how to laugh when he is sad…Teach him there is no shame in tears,
    Teach him to scoff at cynics and to beware of too much sweetness…
    Teach him to sell his brawn and brain to the highest bidders but never to put a price-tag
    on his heart and soul.

Teach him to close his ears to a howling mob and to stand and fight if he thinks he’s right.
    Treat him gently, but do not cuddle him, because only the test of fire makes fine steel.

Let him have the courage to be impatient…let him have the patience to be brave.
    Teach him always to have sublime faith in himself, because then he will have
    sublime faith in mankind.

This is a big order, but see what you can do…He is such a fine fellow,
    my son!

Such a lot of wisdom, thank you for linking.

nonchalant and Tanya like this.