1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I bought some mussels on the way into work this morning. They are keeping in the fridge until I leave for home. A friend at work dropped off some freshly picked snow peas from their garden, so I plan to steam them also.

Looking forward to dinner already...

Tanya likes this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Gold

That sounds like a good plan, Dawn... Enjoy it!:)

3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I have not been taking zinc supplement for a week - I feel that I should be getting enough of it from all the seafood that I am consuming. I passed this morning's oral test for that, but it was probably too early to do one. I will repeat again next week.
    I also reduced my vitamin E to every other day, but I am not sure if it is a good idea to stop it completely as I don't know what exactly in my food that supplies enough of it for me....

It is beautiful day and so far I collected my electrons: had DHA for breakfast, got sun, CT and drank my water...
    I also lost some electrons while reading this blog online...

One more thing to remember after reading Oxytocin thread - Teach my husband that we are no longer making love - it is now called increasing our oxytocin and that we need to get the following for that: lots of wine, some cuban cigars and a few toys from a sex shop. I wonder if we even have one around here? ;)

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been puzzling out what supplements to drop also. Maybe I'll keep the Mitochondrial Rx ones for now, and drop the rest in a staggered fashion.

Tanya likes this.
  5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Tanya, what is the oral test your are referring to?

6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hi Dawn!:) It is one of the easiest tests to do at home....but I don't know how reliable it is though. I use a product called "zinc status" (you can get it from the Amazon). You swish some of it in your mouth. If you can taste it, and especially if you feel that it tastes unpleasant to you - you probably don't have any zinc deficiency. I've passed it every single time I took it, but I was supplementing with zinc at that time. Will see if it will continue that way now that I am off the supplement.

7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I don't know how it is going to be for you, Sally, but It is a very slow process for me. After all, these supplements were part of what literally gotten me back on my feet again. It is almost like our library at home: once in a while we decide to make more room and start sorting the books, but then end up putting them back again:D

I continue with my rather bold experiment with my Armour thyroid. It's been over a month now that I don't take any and my temperature has been slowly, very slowly going up.

Haha - I guess, it was not funny enough for you...:D LOL

Hope likes this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

This is from a book I am reading, and so I am just parking this information here for now about the VIVAXIS. It is described in detail in Judy Jacka's book "the Vivaxis connection".

The idea is that energy continues to flow between us and our place of origin (our birthplace) throughout our life, like a two-way umbilical cord of magnetic waves - it develops within us as a fetus and forever links us to our place of birth.

For the healing purposes, you need to pick up your vivaxis and anchor it someplace else in your new life - then allow the energy of this new site to cleanse and clear your body....

Another thing that I learned today is about lamb. Ours is mostly from New Zealand or Australia, but this is what they said about the one raised in France or Britain, especially Brittany and Normandy in France, such as by Mount-Saint-Michel: "The sheep advance and retreat with the tides, eating the grasses and other salt-tolerant plants of the coastal marshes. The marine taste is often said to include iodine - it is completely different taste from other lambs".

Hope likes this.
  9. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Salt marsh lamb is prized for its taste although I honestly can't tell the difference. I like lamb, cooked properly it is a lovely meat, cooked badly and it is chewy and tough. We use an excellent butcher who knows exactly where his meat is sourced and knows most of the farmers who raise it. He's expensive but worth it.

Tanya likes this.
  10. Hope

Hope Gold

Wow. I didn't know that about the birth place. How does it say to anchor your new place? Glad you can move it bc I was born in the B*g Ap*le....

And the lamb.......no surprise. Lots of French food just seems....better.

11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hope, from what I understand, they suggest starting with an intuitive visualization of the birthplace and travel to your new location while noticing a connection between environmental shifts and your health problem. I don't quite know what it means in practical terms, but it is something that got me interested. So, I might try to look into this some more....

I am with you as far as the French food:) Before I got sick, we used to travel a lot, I always looked forward to our trips to Paris - great food, Bastil Day celebration and my birthday, all tied together.... Missed that....

12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I still like having lamb, but at least now I understand why it tastes different to me.... Unfortunately, that is all that I have access to.... I am jealous....:)

13. Hope

Hope Gold

Thanks so much for sharing! It's funny I went there when I was 30. Tried to get to the maternity floor but already not allowed! I actually went on my 30th birthday....oy. It's a crazy busy place and neighborhood...and my mom almost died. Perhaps that is also why I crave nature so much? I sure do love to go to the new place...in reality and imagination.

Your trips sound lovely. Kinda reminds me of Julia Child, too. I dream of going to Normandy and Provence.......or the lavender fields. I'm not into drinking wine really, for some reason, but met a girl who went over to work in the vineyards and that sounded divine.

I bet when you get optimal you can pick up your trips again :)

14. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am impressed that you could do that, Hope. :cool: If I remember it correctly they said that if you feel challenged by your life circumstances (as if there is anyone who is not?!), you need to repeat doing it until your body is flushed from it....

Yes, I have some wonderful memories of my trips, but have been refusing to take any new ones - I am still too fragile for that. I am planning to spend more time at the ocean instead:)

15. Hope

Hope Gold

That's great. Do you live near one? The ocean is the best. When I'm at my favorite personal beach in the world, I feel...incredible.

16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hi Hope! No, we are not as close to the ocean as I would have liked to be - about an hour away, but fortunately it is a feast for my eyes on a way getting there; so I really don’t mind.... For a longer stay, we usually get together with our friends at the Cape Cod, something I always look forward to.

You mentioned your favorite personal beach... I hope you get to use it very often..... I don't even know where you are.... I keep telling myself that I need to visit your journal to learn a bit more..... While I enjoy having people come to visit me here (there have not been too many of them, and Jack never comes here at all....), I still find it difficult peaking into someone else's ..... I am getting better at it though...:)

17. Inger

Inger Silver

can you read the blog outside on the grass? I do that too... natural grounding should protect a bit :)

I guess nuts have lots of vit. E, at least Pistacios, I had so many raw organic Pistachios in their shell yesterday... they are way too yummy!

I think it is great to drop supplements and do it with foods instead, like you are doing :) that way it cant go wrong :)

Tanya likes this.
  18. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I was hoping to do exactly that, Inger - start using my Macbook while I am grounding outside myself. I even got some additional items to go with it, such as corded keyboard and mouse, but I have to drag my cable from a 2nd story window down to the yard and that feels like it requires too much effort on my part....:D

I agree with what you said about nuts containing vit. E. So far, though, I seem to be doing ok with Brazil nuts only... Next on my list to try are macadamia nuts - as you can tell I am moving very cautiously, but I do want so much to be able to eat the real food again instead of swallowing a bunch of supplements.

I like your picture, by the way. Your hair got longer and it really becomes you - very nice! :)

sooperb likes this.
  19. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Tanya, I want to grow my hair as long as it gets :) I like your pic too :)

The rod issue and sitting outside on the computer.. is not as big as you think - just do it :) I have 2 x 10 meter rods connected because I need to drag the cables from second stock too ;)
    I am not down there always, like today. It is rainy... and I have been outside barefoot cleaning the chicken house etc. so got lots of grounding anyways, but on sunny days I could never sit inside on the computer for sure, would be a sin :D

Tanya likes this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Now, that fits so much better with my definition of a "starfish"!!!!!!
    10426827_372028732951962_4369272885020832243_n.jpg