1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I’ve been completely without Armour thyroid for an entire week now. :) I know that it is too early to make any conclusions, but so far, I have not seen any negative effects as a result of that. My temperature, which was low anyway while I was taking it, still remains the same; skin, hair, nails - all normal. My ability to tolerate cold is still the same, actually I think it is even better - I felt warm sleeping at 62F. I also noticed that I am beginning to perspire during my exercise - where before it was not happening. I hope, that it is indeed a sign of improvement.

Changes in my supplements: I no longer give myself B-12 shots and replaced them with sublingual one instead.

In addition to that, after many years of non-stop taking various probiotics, I now stopped taking them altogether. That was a huge step for me to take and I was really concerned, but I don’t seem to have any problem with doing that - Bristol score #4 every day.

I’ve been testing brasil nots - taking them every day and not reacting to them either. When I’ll finish my selenium bottle, I guess I will not be reordering it.

Today, I increased my cocoa to 2 tsp/day - I have a long way to go there....
    1959354_609648692458152_7698882496981663179_n.jpg

SeaHorse, Josh, sooperb and 2 others like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - that is one thing I need to learn!

Promise me that you will go out and dance everyday - even if you feel like crap.... Even if only for 5 min.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

you think oxy is overrated? How sad.....

Why do you care what others think?

4. Tanya

Tanya Gold

OK, Audrey, and you all can join me:) We can form a dancing group and I can choreograf a number for us....How does the name of Classy Krusers sound to you?;)

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

This sounds spectacular, Tanya!

Tanya likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am in too! Five minutes at least a day ..... Wether we want to or not!

Tanya likes this.
  7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"you think oxy is overrated? How sad.....

Why do you care what others think?"

I don't care what others think, I do care about how I feel. I like to be comfortable in myself. As for the Oxy, well it's like food, if it's your kind of food and cooked how you love it then you'll enjoy it, if it's not then either you refuse it or you accept politely and make the best of it.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

maybe you need to step outside your comfort zone?

9. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Which one :)?

10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

It's true Soo, we all have multiple comfort zones don't we? Pushing those limits can be hard at times but it is also exhilarating.

Hope likes this.
  11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

There are still no changes with me not being on Armour Thyroid anymore....
    I continue with my goal to significantly limit the amount of all the supplements that I've been taking....while being guided in this process by only how it makes me feel - still no lab testing at this time....

I've been slowly reducing the amount of the digestive enzymes (I was taking them and probiotics for many years) - went from taking 2 X 3/day to just one /day now. I plan to stop it completely by the end of this week. I guess, I will have to wait to retest my reaction to the egg yolks until I am sure about the enzymes.

I started wondering if it is it possible that my leaky gut is finally healed, even without me taking any specific supplements for that (e.i. glutamine, aloe vera)?! Hmmm, I don't know, but whatever it is, I hope that it would stay that way....As Dr. Dyer said: "My goal is not to be better then anyone else, but to be better than I used to be"

12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

They say “ a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”. I am definitely experiencing something like that. As I go deeper into trying to limit my EMF exposure, I don’t know what to do about all the metal that is just about everywhere around me. I am especially concerned about my home GYM. Some of the equipment in there is now unplugged and is no longer being used, but I am still surrounded by all that metal while I am doing my workout. I am now trying to limit my time being there where before it was one of my favorite places to be. :(
    Am I overthinking it now? It seemed so clear and straightforward in the beginning what needed to be done with all the tech stuff in order to limit the emf exposure, but with the transition metals I feel as if whatever I will do, it would still be just a drop in the bucket.

13. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I had to take it easy for a while because of my swollen ankles and knees - it happened because I attempted to do a full split thinking that I was ready. I am not going to revisit that anytime soon. For now, though, I need to decide what to do with my inversion table. My husband thinks that I should get rid of it because my ankles and knees will not allow me to, use it anymore either. I still hope that in time it will be possible.... I used to love it so much - feeling so energized afterwards...

I am really tolerating cold so well now via air, ice and water that I seem to feel even too warm at times. I hope that somehow that will settle down before the weather gets really hot around here...

My appetite is changing also and I am not sure what it means yet - I no longer feel the need to eat my lunch. Maybe, I should now give it up altogether? I am not trying to loose any weight, so I need to figure that out better....

14. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

[quote=" For now, though, I need to decide what to do with my inversion table. My husband thinks that I should get rid of it because my ankles and knees will not allow me to, use it anymore either. I still hope that in time it will be possible.... I used to love it so much - feeling so energized afterwards....[/quote]

If your inversion table is a Teeter, try the gravity boots. I had the same issues with knees and ankles ..... until I got the boots. The positive change is amazing. I no longer have any issues w/ knees or ankles from using my inversion table.

http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-U...99339040&sr=1-1&keywords=teeter+hang+up+boots

Tanya likes this.
  15. Tanya

Tanya Gold

If your inversion table is a Teeter, try the gravity boots. I had the same issues with knees and ankles ..... until I got the boots. The positive change is amazing. I no longer have any issues w/ knees or ankles from using my inversion table.

http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-Ups-Gravity-Boots/dp/B000DLB8RU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1399339040&sr=1-1&keywords=teeter hang up boots[/quote]
    Thank you very much for your suggestion. It is good to know that you found so much help for your knees and ankles by using your Teeter and the boots. I have them both as well. You have inspired me to give it a try again, even if I just start slowly for now - no full inversion for me at this time, at least, not yet:)

16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I've always wanted to try an inversion table but never had the opportunity, you certainly make it sound worth it :)

17. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am going to try to get back on it. I always felt so great after using one - on so many levels. You don't even need to do a full inversion for that. I did it because that is how I was doing my sit-ups at that time - upside down. I wish there was a way for you to try it first, before spending your money on it, Sue.

18. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm sure if it's meant it will happen Tanya :) I am surprised the gym doesn't have one, it has all sorts of whacky bits of equipment that you never see anyone using.

19. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Most chiropractors have them in their office and the stores that sell gym equipment have them on displays as well around here....

20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day today! I took a short walk this morning before breakfast - just to get that sunlight in. Came across some early birds - people getting ready to drive off who were scraping off their cars windshields. We exchanged pleasantries, but they were staring at me so much, it was almost funny - I think it is because was in a short-sleeves top. I guess, from now on, that is all that I probably need to have in my wardrobe - very light, summer-like things. I have not even touched any of my cashmere sweaters this winter. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of that winter clothing that I have....

I would have loved to have my inversion table moved outside today. Last night I tried it again after not being able to do it for a long time at all. I only did it at the 90 degrees angle, but it is a start..... When I attempted to move it to 45 - I felt it in my ankles, but not in my knees. I hope, it will be better today.

I had some steamed mussels for yesterday for dinner and again this morning. Taste vise, I definitely like scallops and even steamed oysters much better, but I wanted to try mussels also. I hope that they did me some good, anyway.