1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

You made me look it up, Sue. I had no idea what jelly snakes were lol

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I personally like gummy bears .......

3. sooperb

sooperb New Member

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Been over a year for me!! I have been gummy bearless for about 16 months!

5. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Earlier this morning I had a chance to watch an interview with Jeff Bauman and his fiancé.

He lost both of his legs the Boston marathon bombing and now he is telling his story of survival and tremendous courage in his new book "Stronger" - definitely on my " must read" list. Just listening to him today helped to enrich my mind and to fill my heart ....

There is also a new Russian movie coming out about one of my favourite artists - Marc Chagall. What an incredibly talented and at the same time a truly humble man he was. Another must see for me.

6. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Tanya you manage to find so much joy in your day to day living. I'm always drawn to your eyes in that photo and small beginning of a smile, were you looking at something or just musing? Film star quality whatever it was.

Tanya likes this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

You know Sue, there is so much out here to appreciate, but sometimes we fail to realize it .... until it is too late. I learned it the hard way and now I just enjoy whatever comes my way, even if it is just a little thing - because in the future it may not to be so little for me anymore.

Thank you so much for what you said about me. You made me blush:)

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just popping in to say "Hi"

Tanya likes this.
  9. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am so glad you did, Audrey:) "Hi" back

10. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I’ve been eating so much more fat these days then I could have ever imagined.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Have fun shopping!

My fat intake is pretty high with breakfast and it certainly helps me throughout the day. I have a version of BPC at 4:30 AM and eat a small-ish lunch around 11:30 AM. If I skip the fat a breakfast, my appetite is much stronger in the midafternoon (not a good thing).

13. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thanks, Dawn! I love all the ones that I already have and I wish I could still use them, but the tops are too tight now - the bottoms are fine. I seem to be making up now for all the years that I was avoiding any kind of fat.... and I am an equal opportunity fat consumer - having it at all of my meals :)

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I wish there was another way to CT without sitting in a bath of cold water, especially when I can't have it deep enough to cover "the girls" lol. I have to flip over, wedge my feet between the taps and find somewhere for my arms, elbows in, hands out and buttocks tensed to try not to have two mini hippos basking above the surface.

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Ice vest with a compression shirt perhaps?

Tanya likes this.
  16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Maybe, do they have the Doc's seal of approval? I fancy I saw somewhere that they don't, the ice vests that is. I am also recalling Audrey's ice burns from hers, an impressive pattern apparently but with a high level of discomfort ;)

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I got burns because I didn't have anything underneath! Ice vests are awesome ...and yes of course they have Dr. K.'s approval. Anyway you can do C/T - go for it. In the easy start guide he talks bout putting ice packs on your body.

There are earlier hilarious posts about where folks put icepacks!!! that is about the time that Eric developed the ice vest - same thing - only better. around the neck is super important!

if you read the comments in Jack's new blog - he told me that Jeremy does C/T on the mountain.

I never get ice burns when I used my own ice packs and I put them right on bare skin .... but the cooling, commercial packs are a different story.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Tanya - re - bigger girls ...... Hormone issues??? As far as I can remember - women have noticed a reduction in size from C/T

19. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Just before I left the UK I started to get into Wild Swimming. It is so brilliant to swim surrounded by nature

Tanya likes this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Sue, that was really funny to me, even though you probably did not mean that way...:) I guess I should be happy with my cold showers, what you are describing doing for yourself sounds like "Spanish Inquisition" to me :Dlol