1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

2. Tanya

Tanya Gold

So precious! Video of the day

3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

not one, but two videos of the day

4. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Those starlings, wow. We see similar round here but not in such huge clouds, it's still amazing to watch.

Tanya likes this.
  5. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Time to continue filling in a few more blanks....

So, when I finally got sick, I felt a huge sense of disbelief - it could only happen to the others around me, and never to me...

But not only it did so, but it happened when it should have been the best years of my life. It came in a form of a flu-like symptoms during the night spent in a high-rise hotel.

After a week or so, some of those symptoms were gone, but I kept feeling such tremendous fatigue and muscle pain. I tried to ignore it and kept thinking that what II need is to get more exercise. I was getting even more exhausted and the pain was spreading. I finally went to see a doctor who began a series of different tests in order to find out what was wrong.

First blood test seemed to be normal, except for two things: I was ANA positive, and my sedimentation rate of 110 was extremely high I was told. More blood tests followed as well as many X-rays, CT-scans, MRI. Still, no answers....except that all my symptoms were pointing into Dx of FA and CFS - and that what was given to me. I kept it to myself, telling everyone that they are still testing me - it just did not make any sense to me, and I went from one doctor to another trying to find out what was really wrong.

It was a demanding process - both time wise and financially, but each visit and new test gave me a new hope. After awhile, even that was gone. I kept getting worse....

6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

For someone who has never been sick before, my medical history, in addition to CFS and FM at that point included so much more

As the time went by, I even learned how to cope with all of my symptoms until another crisis arrived in a form of a severe RA.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

RA is the most pernicious of ailments, I sympathise, life must have been a real struggle.

8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Yes, Sue - it hit me pretty hard. I was really messed up by it, but in the beginning did not even realize that it was RA because I was tested for it just a few months prior to that happening. I attributed it (just like everything else) to the CFS and FM and did not seek immediate help for it until it spiraled out of control....

9. Tanya

Tanya Gold

RA started in my upper body, but it did not even occur to me that that's what it was - they completely ruled it out after a recent test. So, I kept on going, as I usually do...

When pain in my shoulders became even stronger, I finally went to see a doctor, something I had difficult time forgiving myself for later because during that visit I ended up with torn rotator cuff and damaged scapula. Meanwhile, my RA was spreading to my elbows and hands., especially my hands. They were painful, swollen and red - folded into fists and kind of resembled red fighting gloves.

I went to see another rheumatologist and a new test confirmed that it was RA. I was put on massive doses of cortisone and Plaquenil, but soon the RA was also in my lower body - my hips, my ankles and my knees. It was a very aggressive kind - it took away my ability to move and to use my hands.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love your strength and determination ... And your zest for life.....

What was it Dr. K. Just said somewhere? Something like - bad things happen to all of us - it is how we pick ourselves up and move forward ......I think he said that ...lol. I like it anyway.

I also love ..."if our Hands and heart are open - we will receive gifts.
    I am living proof of this every single day ....and so are you. :)

Tanya likes this.
  11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thank you so much, Caroline. You always have something special and inspirational to say. Don't be surprised if you see me one day start quoting you:)

12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I don’t even recall now how I happened to learn about Jack Kruse and his site. I do remember, however, thinking how different it was from everything that I have come across in my search so far.

13. Tanya

Tanya Gold

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just beautiful ....and perfect

I have always felt that our past is part of the fabric of who we are ....... The good, the bad, and the ugly. It sure doesn't define our future. .... But makes us all the intricate, interesting humans that we are......

I love following your journey.....

Tanya likes this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I know exactly how you feel. About 9 months ago I was the same. The words I understood ,felt connected to them and then they disappeared as if I had never read them. That fog will lift and some thing will make sense and then improvement comes in the form of I read that somewhere and know where to find it when faced with a question on the forum . I think I am not destined to speak chinese only to eat it so this may be as far as it goes for me but who knows what tomorrow brings.
    Take heart !

16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

It is hard to imagine you ever having any such problems - you seem to have a such good grasp on all of it now, Lahelada. If that is the case - it is very encouraging to know! Thank you so much for sharing it:)

17. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thanks, Caroline. I reached a point in my life now that I no longer feel that I need to impress anyone - I just want to be
    me. It is not going to happen until I, at least partially restore what I have already lost. I am very motivated:)

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Tanya... just follow your heart, live through it when your brain is still not well- do the good stuff, and your brain will heal. I am 100 % certain about that. Mother Nature is one amazing doctor :)
    I can tell you I am not smart either! But I know in my heart what will make me heal, and I do that. It is all I need. You too :) I cannot even tell how glad I am that it is so easy... almost too easy to believe it could work. Go out barefoot in the sun.... eat some raw fish.. go for a swim in the river... drink clean water... :) Also... when we get silent and listen, we will hear what our body needs.
    I believe our heart always win over the brain, our courage, our hopes and our thoughts, what we believe in. When the heart is on fire it does not matter if the brain is not optimal yet ;)

:love:

Tanya likes this.
  19. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thank you very much, Inger. It was so very thoughtful what you said, and I know that it comes from your heart. I really appreciate it. :love:

20. sooperb

sooperb New Member

All my body keeps saying when it's quiet is "jelly snakes, jelly snakes".