1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Newsworthy? Do, tell....

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tanya, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I did not think I would end up starting a journal, but here I am.

I doubt if I will be writing in it all that often though, but at least, I am willing to give it a try.

It seems that those people here who achieved the most benefit from following Epi-Paleo Rx, all also have their journals. Even though, I can’t even bring myself to call it Tanya’s journal, I do need a quiet little corner of my own to sort things out, think out loud, invite others expertise and input.

So, you are all welcome in my corner!:)

Josh and tellmisty like this.
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

charting your story to tell - has a profound effect in success .....

Tanya likes this.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thank you, Gretchen. You are one of those people I was referring to in my openning...
    I do hope that it would be helpful. I know that spelling corrector will not let me down. I wish there was an App for my Mac correcting my grammar as well.....:rolleyes:

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

write it down, put it to paper - it doesn't have to be perfect. I just has to be a document you can go back and refer to .... It will answer your questions when you begin searching for answers....

Tanya likes this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Yoo won't winn prises for spelling hier. Joking aside mispelling is a useful tool for me. When I type badly it invariably means that I had a bad night´s sleep or am otherwise in need of something.
    Welcome to the world of journals . There is "journey" in journal.

Tanya likes this.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I've made the first step. :oops: No turning back now....

7. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Glad you started one Tanya. Journals not only help the person writing it; they also help those reading it. You can learn a lot from them.

Tanya likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome to journal land Tanya! If we all worried about spelling and sentence structure - a lot of us wouldn't be posting anything!!

People always complain about Jack's spelling etc. ..... that drives me crazy. I am always so excited about stuff here and stuff just starts spilling out of me ......

I know spelling etc is important ........but it is the message I want!

Please don't sweat the small stuff .... on your death bed are you going to say ..."I wish I had spelled better"

Take each second and wring the heck out of it ......find the joy! and hang on for dear life.......

We are all in each other's "corner" here.... how great is that....

9. Tanya

Tanya Gold

You are so right about that. I happened to peak in some of them and found so much more then I expected....

10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

The journal is such a great tool to have....going back and seeing something I was doing that I may have forgotten or getting some insight from one of the brilliant folks on this forum can make a huge difference in forward momentum. I love looking back and seeing what I have learned....excites me even more about where I am going :)

Good luck to you!

Tanya likes this.
  11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

caroline, I can't even imagine you ever having any trouble writing anything down. I do so enjoy every single one of your posts that I get to read.

12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thank you, cantweight. I know exactly what you mean. I hope that I will be able to accomplish the same....

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thankyou for that Tanya....

The reality is that I am very quiet and shy ....... I am aways shocked at how stuff pours out of me that I don't intend!
    But Jack has taught me to be alot more open If I want to empower myself to live an optimal life. It becomes quite liberating!
    Lately - I hate underwear!

never forget ..... when you know better ... you can do so much better ......this is my reality and will be yours too!

Tanya likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why should you practice keeping your mind open to things and open to the world? It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view. So if your mind is closed.......you'll never see the new and correct path. Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. And Intelligence is directly yoked to the ability to change. Change is a function of an open mindset. You mind functions just as a parachute does.......if it is closed your life ends faster than it might have.

Tanya and Lahelada like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

words to live by^^^^^^^^

Tanya likes this.
  16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"You mind functions just as a parachute does.......if it is closed your life ends faster than it might have."

Love it :) My trouble is I've been down so many paths and found nothing worthwhile when I got to the end. Doesn't stop me trying though. In fact OH says I'm very trying sometimes. Boom Boom, a la Basil Brush.

I should say also, welcome Tanya. To roll out another saying, this is the first step to the rest of your life :) You won't regret it.

As for spelling, this is the only forum I've ever been on where there wasn't someone picking over the spelling of others. I am a spelling perfectionist, if I post and realise there's a mistake I have to go back and correct it, but I won't be pointing out anyone else's errors, if you can read the message then the spelling is good enough :)

17. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Jack, thank you for visiting my “corner” and living these wonderful words of wisdom.

I am so impressed with absolutely everything that you ever share with either this community here or on the FB, which is also such an incredible source of inspiration for me. I try to visit your FB each morning, knowing in advance that whatever you will post there will have a profound effect on me. Thank you again for all that you do for making a huge difference in people’s lives.

18. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thanks, superb. I keep reminding myself that as long as people can understand me, it will be fine. So far, so good, even though I am still a little bit anxious about not using the proper English grammar. With that said, I would not get offended if someone would point out my mistakes to me - I would see that as another learning opportunity... :)

19. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I b****y hate that spelling-correction facility in Safari. I disabled it once. Since my typing is so bad, between my mis-keys and Safari second-guessing what I was trying to type the most bizarre garbage comes out sometimes. Not that it wouldn't anyway ... :D

caroline and Tanya like this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am still learning English, so I need all the help I can get! :confused: