1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New to Hashis...what's ok?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by MartiD, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Until I can see a new Dr. in December I am on 75 mcg of Synthroid. Only be on it about 2 weeks however so not sure it is even in my system yet.

2. Synthroid is T4. If you have a leaky gut or possible liver problem you may not be converting to FT3, the usable hormone. Did you read the STTM site on your symptoms. Many people don't convert well so they need to be on T3 or natural meds. It may not be you but may be the meds. My first day on natural meds I felt TERRIFIC and it just kept getting better!

3. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I've been all through the leaky gut symtoms and if I have one it is very minor because I have no stomach issues at all. As far as I can tell I am about a "normal" and "regular" as someone can be. I know the Dr. I will see in December has experience in compound T3/T4 and prescribes Armour some. There are so many mixed stories about what is best for Hashi's. I have read some horror stories of people on Armour so that makes me a bit nervous. I know any type of Iodine supplement is not good for me. Otherwise, I am still learning.

4. You're doing good just learning. I read for hours a day for a couple of years trying to figure this out. Sounds like this new doc may be able to help you more. A Hashis person don't have to feel tried, crabby, and bad. I know that now. Stay positive as there is always a new curve thrown in when you have Hashis.

5. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

That's where the TH1 balancing supplements and T3 conversion supplements have really helped me (everyone is going to have individual supplement needs with Hashi's).

Also, go easy on yourself. Chances are your adrenals are stressed from the hyper/hypo swings and it can take awhile to heal them (several months). I'm on custom Chinese herbs for that.

Oh, and you're welcome! I hope you get it all figured out. I know how it goes ;)

6. Ozzie_Kendall

Ozzie_Kendall New Member

Something I’ve observed - you can have lowish levels of antibodies in Australia and they will say you definitely don’t have Hashimoto’s.

However, the Mayo clinic have a much lower cut off and will say you do indeed have it.

Lab “ranges” and “normals”... :eek::shit: