1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I have not read her book, Joanne. I've followed thousands and thousands on the big forum over the past 3 1/2 years. We have over 25,000 members and I've seen it all, believe me. LOL We had a thread with some members reading it and she seemed to follow protocol so I was glad for that. I tend to be leery of any new and updated things because in the end they usually don't work. :( The one thing I heard the book advised was throwing away the scale and doing instinctual eating, something I very much disagree with. And that she said if you aren't hungry, don't eat breakfast to maintain. True? Like I said I haven't read it.

Welcome, momto! Let's hope those pound losses keep up. :)

2. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Colleen, as people are on protocol, and still have weight to lose, the idea behind instict eating is Leptin, the more fat a person has the more leptin, as leptin levels drop, hunger increases so the idea is to eat along with the hormone, once leptin rises hunger goes away, but as a person gets closer to normal weight im sure hunger obviously increases, so breakfast would probably happen at some point upon rising, as well more frequent hunger levels as well requiring more food, so the theory is eating with that hormone. Thats my understanding, i believe there is yet more studys and testing to be done. Wow!!!! Those are huge forums!!!!! :)

3. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Im not that down on the scale but weigh minimally and as you ve prob seen it is a terrible mind game for hcg users. I just dont feel that kind of pull on the scale personally..........

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I think it's fine not to weigh while on the hcg. But it's DEADLY to ignore Dr. Simeon's advice to weigh every day after you are off the hcg. I've seen people regain so fast it's dizzying. And Simeon warns against trusting how your clothes fit. It's easy to get off with a steak day if you stay on top of things but if you let them go, BAM, hello ten pounds. Or fifteen. :(

Breakfast is fine to skip on hcg. But not later as Doc has taught us. :) I could easily skip breakfast every day but I don't now that I know how important it is.

5. I've been doing some HCG research and came across info that states HCG is bad for estrogen dominance. It sounded like a scare tactic so I thought I would ask you wise HCGers. .Can a person who is estro dominant (taking progesterone) safely go on HCG? My estrogen is in the 500s and my progesterone is .5. Really bad, I know. Just went back on progesterone 200 mg orally.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

everything is bad fro estrogen dominance.......its got to be aggressively treated.

7. Thansk Dr.K! I was afraid of that. Started taking 150 mg DIM, 2x/day and lots of milk thistle. I don't eat anything phytoestrogenic and very careful of all exogenous estrogens. If there is more I need to do I'm very willing and able do please share.

8. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Just checking in. I had my first 10 min CT bath last night, i had a 2 lb loss this morning, the day before i had a .6 loss but the night before i caved and got in a hot bath, tonight ill be doing another bath, something happened to me tonight, while at a meeting, when i got there i was ice cold, my hands like ice cubes, i often experience this my whole round of hcg, at one point i felt total heat in my hands and body, it wasnt "boy am i hot heat" it felt so good! I thought i read about heating up bc of CT Can anyone explain this?? Even now im feeling some warmth coming its slight.......... Cant wait for my bath lol!!!!!

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

That is great! I don't know how to explain it but I experience it too. At first it took forever to warm up after a CT soak but now my skin starts radiating heat. :)

10. sugar-puff

sugar-puff New Member

Hi Colleen, Hi Dr Kruse, I am going to start a course of HCG again along side CT which is now well under way (now doing 30 min ice baths). Quick question regarding gall stone pain and MCT oil. Am I correct in thinking that the use of MCT will not hinder fat loss, but help it - will it also help with gall stone issues - as it does not technically get metabolised by the liver/gallbladder? Would the inclusion of a little omega 3 be a good thing to keep up or not with regards the CT and the gallbladder discomfort? I am confused with regards the no fat policy of the HCG protocol. many thanks to both of you

11. Jennie747

Jennie747 New Member

I would like to know this too. I want to do whatever I can to protect my gallbladder. After my first HCG round I noticed some sensitivity in that area. After some reading I used coconut oil in my second round and my gallbladder seemed to do better, and it didn't seem to affect my losses. Later I had an ultrasound and they didn't find any stones but they said I had a mildly dilated common bile duct.

12. rocketmom

rocketmom New Member

Hello. I am ready to be a guinea pig. I will end R1P4 on Friday, and will begin my second round of loading on Saturday and Sunday. I have been eating paleo since P3 and have maintained a LIW 3 lbs under, which I thought was ok. I have not yet started the CT and am really a chicken when it comes to the cold. (We moved to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas about three miles from Mexico because we hated the cold in Illinois!) I will re-read the the ct protocol and begin with my face in the cold water. I need to purchase a thermometer. I think I will have to do this when hubby is not around. He already thinks I am off my rocker the way I eat. I am addicted to the Bulletproof coffee and will miss it when on P2. My first round was great with a 25 lb loss and the additional three on paleo. I did use Walden Farms products and ate cocoa crack so I wasn't 100% compliant. I have purchased 2 2500 i.u. vials of Gonakor so I can do a 43 day round, but find that if I am not doing well I will do two rounds of 23 days. I have continually read that R2P2 is a bummer so this would be a way for me to be a real test I think. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I will be loading with no sugar no grains like I did in R1. Any suggestions for loading?

dennise

13. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I've seen it harm losses and affect stabilization way too often on the big forum. You can try it if you want but I'm reserving an opinion until I see how some do who are trying it. It's not something I would do myself right now.

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Welcome, dennise! You did great to hold your weight 3 pounds under LIW. I would stick to paleo for loading, lots of butter and cream, sweet potatoes.

15. Raine02

Raine02 New Member

New Guinea Pig coming out of hiding with my plan and a few questions. I have been reading MDA and Dr. Kruse's stuff for quite some time. I started the Leptin Reset in September and I'm doing well on it, still having trouble loosing weight, but I can maintain rather well which is a first for me, so I consider that a win. I'm taking the next step. I ordered the HCG patches, they seem to work well for a majority of people.

My Plan: I'm expecting TOM next week and should have my patches by the time it's over. I want to start right after to get the most time in. I plan on eating a low fat protein breakfast and then the same for dinner, skipping lunch. I am going to stick with lean meat and veggies, reserving the handful of berries for the days I just need something else, hoping that won't happen, but you never know. I am currently preparing mentally and thinking of different situations I may encounter and how to deal with them. I figure if I have a plan I may escape unharmed. I want to get a round in before summer hits because we are avid travelers and it's easy to keep up with the Leptin reset while traveling, I can forsee that avoiding fats while traveling may become difficult. I've got at least fifty pounds to lose, but would be thrilled to be under 166 for the first time in my adult life. That seems to me my magic number I diet my way down, hit 166 and lose it.

I want this to go well and so have a few questions. I am currently taking thyroid medication, Cytomel, can I continue on this during HCG? I plan to cut out all the oil based vitamins such as A and D3 and the fish oil, but want to keep the L-Glutamin, adreanal booster, and any others that are non oil based, is this a good idea or should I stop them all? When TOM rolls around again, I stop the patches, but continue to eat on plan, correct? I am currently looking for a no oil foundation, any suggestions. I currently use make up from 100% pure, but my tinted moisturizer has oil in it. All other makeup I will discontinue.

Looking for flaws or suggestions for my plan.

Thanks,

Lori

16. itsybitsy

itsybitsy New Member

Some people find that supplementing with ox bile helps with digesting the fats and supporting the gall bladder.

17. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

Lori, I'm going to be doing something very similar, in about the same timeframe, depending on when I get my hcg. It will be fun to compare notes! :)

18. Raine02

Raine02 New Member

This is great! Can't wait. I am so crossing my fingers that this is my ticket to real weight loss, I've tried everything else and always end up in the same old spot.

19. momto2

momto2 New Member

Good morning everyone, have been doing the CT with spot icing twice a day, cold showers and got into a bath yesterday. Not sure what the temperature was but it was cold :) I made it to 45 minutes. Have lost about .4 the last two days which is usually on the lower end for me. I usually lose anywhere from .6-1.0 per day. Curious to read about others experiences. I did not sleep well at all last night. The two nights before that I slept like a baby.

20. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Are you doing HCG too?