1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I would just push through. There is no benefit to a break because it gets you out of the groove. Your skin will recover when you get to P3. I did 5 rounds of 45 days so I know what I'm talking about. :)

2. Wow that's a lot of days on HCG! Ok. I CAN do it!! I must say it took me at least 10 days to really get into the groove of it and now it just feels normal to eat so little, so I'll follow your advice, I don't like the idea of starting over again. Long round here i come!!!! Thanks Colleen :)

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I took the prescribed breaks. :)

4. I'm glad you are going full round. It makes so much more sense. Sounds like you got a groove going! yay for you.

5. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

Do you guys know if it is okay to go right into CT after hCG or will I not re-set properly? Also, if I am 5lbs or so away from goal after my 47 day round (skipping one day a week) can I go a bit longer if I am still losing to get those last few lbs off? I went 53 days on my first round to lose the total 28 I needed to lose but I was doing Rx sublingual. I need to lose about the same this round.

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You should stop after about 47 days. Personally, I would not do CT until after P3.

7. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Hi everybody, it took me almost all sunday to read this thread with little chores inbetween. Like filling up my new whirlpool with water. It came out a perfect 50°F. I am so glad the loading days are over as I hate to eat more than I need. But I ate mostly fat, no carbs which I haven't eaten anyway since 3 months. Since then, I have been in ketosis. I am keen on trying the hCG in connection with CT. I need to find out myself, how or if that works. I still think it might for me. If not I stop and put the temperature up and enjoy the snow from my hot tub. This time, I took my measurements to see the loss in cm also. I had no problems going from hCG to Epi-Paleo, even lost another 2 kg, feeling good physically and mentally. Diabetes is history since then. The only changes I will do from last time is lowering the dose (took 1500 i.U. first injection before noticing my error and went down then to 150 i.U. ), having breakfast and another meal later in the day and trying CT. It is so good for the skin. Will see how it goes. Strict Dr. S. protocol, no grain, little fruit or none. I will keep you posted.

8. LinD

LinD New Member

I've seen that same conclusion. CT not working with hCG protocol.

9. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

First morning after loading same weight as when started loading. 1st day 300 g gain, 2nd day 300 g lost. CT in the evening. Took forever to get warm, but deep sleep and very warm in the morning. And the liver area did hurt after CT.

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Charlotte, if you're losing on eli-paleo, why bother with hcg?

11. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Colleen, because I do not want to waste any more time. I still have a lot of weight to lose and I want to get it done. I have never lost so much weight with so much ease in such a short time than with hCG and even though I miss eating Epi-Paleo I know that I will come back to it the minute I am off hCG. And believe me, just thinking about Epi-Paleo gets me so creative in terms of thinking up recipes. I even figured out a recipe for a German Chocolate cake, fully Epi-Paleo which is a deviation from my grandmas grand German Chocolate cake, and it will taste just as outstanding. Or think about a white almond torte or a Linzer Torte and all fully Epi-Paleo. I think that hCG is great education in terms of eating.

My first week is over now and I am happy with the result. I lost 3 kg which is 6,6 pounds the first week which is more than in my first round of hCG. I do CT (not every day, because it is sometimes difficult due to business matters) but on the weekends and at least 1-2 times during the week. I feel much warmer even though it takes me a few hours to get warm. I speed through the house afterwards doing all kinds of household chores (which is funny because I am not really a housewife) to get warm and it is so invigorating. The first CT I did in the evening and that was a mistake. I could not sleep and when I finally did, my sleep was deep, but too short because I had a normal working day the next day. So after that I now do it first thing in the morning and that works really fine. For me, it works. So I think that everybody needs to find out for themselves what works and what does not. It definitely speeds up my metabolism and I feel very strong and flexible afterwards. I do it for 30 minutes and the water is a little colder now than 50°F, but it is quite ok for me. I get out when my feet get really cold and it becomes very uncomfortable. My neighbour thinks I am crazy as he watches me from his window on my back porch. And as I am lying there I am watching the sparrows and the crows in my cherry tree and it is so peaceful.

12. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

So happy it's working for you! Just monitor how you feel and see how it goes. Lots of things work the first week and then don't but maybe you'll be fortunate enough that CT with hcg continues to work. [​IMG]

13. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

almost two weeks now into VLCD. Total loss this round so far 4 kg which is app. 9 pounds. CT 2-3 times per week half an hr. in lower temperature than 50°F. (Its snowing in Germany and temperatures are below freezing, so pool is VERY cold)  No complaints so far. Not hungry at all. Could fast all day, but don't because the only thing that worries me is that I do not get enough nutrients. So now I am thinking that I will not do another round after this but stick to Epi-Paleo although the weight loss is slower, but getting slim is not everything, getting healthy is much more important.

14. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

ok, as promised here my results. I did 46 days on hCG with a break every sunday from the injection. Lost 27 pounds, which is real close to the same as first round. Did CT (not every day and sometimes could not take 30 minutes as I was just too cold) but all in all CT gave me at least not a lesser result, but not a better either.
    I am now close to my normal weight (another 17,6 pounds) . I now have to adjust to eating normal again which for me now is upping my fat content, which proofs a little difficult as I am not used to the fat anymore and my gut and liver must be adapted slowly as otherwise I get pains.
    Labs improved very much, especially leptin, BG, alpha-amylase, lipids, LDL, HDL, food intolerances, etc.
    Total weight loss so far since 27th of August 2012: 59,9 pounds.
    Next round of hCG scheduled for beginning of March to get somewhere between normal and ideal weight, then I will see. Since I never had normal weight I do not know where my personal feel-good zone will be. In the meantime it is maintanance and some more pounds loss, like between the last two rounds. I plan on doing the high fat diet with 1000 calories of which 90% is fat and 10% is protein as soon as I am used to fat again and now upping CT to every day.
    Also now I will do some strength training to increase muscle tone and lose my "chicken wings".

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

great success story Charlotte! I am interested to know what you are eating now? You say ...90% fat and 10% protein? What does a day of food look like for you now?

16. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Hi Caroline, I call it a success, when I am done and able to keep the weight off. Until then I am only on the way to success.
    1000 calories is not a lot especially not when 90% is fat. So 100 calories come from protein which means, app. 125 g of salmon for 25 g of protein (x 4 = 100 kcal) and 100 g come from Fat (x 9 = 900 kcal). So with 125 g of salmon I have the protein for the day and 13 g of fat. That leaves 87 g of fat which I get from app. 3 avocados or other fat. Or I do quail eggs raw in a protein shake with oil.
    I just look for the best foods, look up their protein, fat and carb content and calculate from there. This I want to do for 2 weeks and see. Then I decide my next move,.
    Its all trial and error or success.
    Coming off hCG you have to be very careful. Especially fats need to be added slowly at least with me so I do not burden my liver.