1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cold liberates the leptin from the adipocyte. I think HCG increase fat burning efficiency. I am not sure that HCG has a direct leptin effect. it maybe just correlation.

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Hmm, not finding it, Claudia. Just tons of articles on progesterone but nothing specific that jumps out for application. I read a few of them but don't see anything specific.

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Here's the article link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/18/oral-progesterone-and-progesterone-cream-complications.aspx

Progesterone cream must be used cautiously when applied to skin as progesterone is highly fat soluble and will accumulate in fat tissue, thereby disrupting adrenal hormones such as DHEA, cortisol, and testosterone.

Ideally, progesterone cream should NOT be applied to your skin. Instead use mucous epithelial membranes of your labia or rectum. Absorption through these membranes is more complete than through skin, and hormones absorbed through vaginal membranes enter the same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I have to disagree with Mercola though. Most doctors say if you have it absorb there, you don't get the full benefits of it throughout your body. I've tried it and I don't feel as well when I do it that way. I don't have ovaries though.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Doc, I'm not sure if it was hcg that helped my leptin sensitivity or just the eating only 2 meals a day. It might just be the food schedule. I never broke up my food.

6. differentstory

differentstory New Member

I'm interested to try this just to see if there is a difference. I have the kind that says it should be applied to the inner arm. My question is. . .hmm. . .how to say. . .do you apply to inner vagina walls, outside of vagina or "up in" the vagina (like where you would put a tampon)? Sorry for the stupid question. I googled for 10 minutes before asking! :eek:

And is it okay to use the stuff I have or is there a different version I should be using like a gel?? I think I have a cream.

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You have to be careful what you use there because some of the creams they use can irritate. You could try it but stop if you get sore. I personally think it's not the right way to apply it though. You want your entire body protected. Most of the experts like Uzzi Reiss say not to apply it there unless it's for a particular problem like endometriosis because your breasts aren't protected.

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Did you read the article different story? I was thinking if I need to do this down the road, I would use something like the tube used to apply cream for a yeast infection, like monistat? They sell that over the counter and it includes the applicator. Maybe that would work? Let me know if you feel a difference. According to Mercola, this is more natural to the body and prevents the potential to increase levels too high and have a problem.

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I've never seen anyone with too high of progesterone levels from cream. It's much more likely to struggle to get them high enough.

10. differentstory

differentstory New Member

I did read the article. I also read the Uzzi (I think?) hormone book (cant remember; it's been awhile) and he mentioned that you need a different "make up" for different applications. I thought I had read that gels were what should be applied to the areas "down there" (said in my best 50 shades voice).

But I was just going to try it once and see what happened. That's a good idea - those applicators. I was going to wait until my current syringe was almost empty and just use that to apply the last dose, but I bet it won't be long enough.

I will say that this morning I applied the cream to my upper arms only per Colleen's post. Normally, I will just slather it on my whole inside arm (upper and lower). Then I got dressed, cooked breakfast, ate, and then I got very nauseous for over an hour, vomited, and went back to bed. Ugh. What a way to start the week! My gut reaction was that the different application definitely allowed the cream to have more of an effect on me. I will try again tomorrow and see if the same thing happens.

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I can't imagine progesterone making you vomit. The flu is going around hot and heavy here. None of my dhea, cortisol or adrenals have been disrupted by applying progesterone cream. I think Mercola is all wet on this one. :)

12. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I know 2 women on my Hashi's group on Facebook, and of course that isn't a lot, but they both gained a lot of weight from using progesterone cream. One of them is using an Apex supplement that has worked great for her estrogen dominance, much better than the progesterone cream.

I also have a friend who was on progesterone cream and felt sick and discontinued. I don't think it was vomiting or nausea.

Sorry you felt sick and hope it didn't happen again.

I know someone else, but she was in menopause, who loves progesterone cream and slathers it on all the time. She says she feels fabulous.

13. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

i was worried about gaining but i got rid of some bloat. the first few days i peed a lot - it must have released a lot of edema. the only side effect i get is sleepiness so i divvy up the dose in the am and pm and that has solved that.

i wonder if those women who gained had their levels measured beforehand and used bio-s to ensure they got the right amount. too much of anything is bad. perhaps they were on too much?

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

It's unusual for progesterone to make a woman gain weight. Estrogen, yes. But progesterone helps you dump the excess fluid. I love the stuff. :)

15. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Yes, it does go contrary to everything I have read about progesterone. I wonder what happened. This hormone stuff is really tricky, lol.

16. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks. It never made me gain, just a few women I know in a Facebook group. I was on it just for a few months and then, go pregnant and discontinued a few months into pregnancy. But that put sounds interesting for me anyway. I will see if they have it at the library.

17. Claudia

Claudia New Member

They have it at my library, excellent. Thanks August.

18. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I think those on hcg + CT lost fine as long as they weren't hungry. Many of us had hunger though and that impeded the losses. I did not reshape well in the 23 days with hcg + CT + fat either. I had hoped to drop inches even though the scale wasn't moving much but that wasn't the case.

I personally think CT and hcg were trying to do the same thing with the hypothalamus and that resulted in a dose that was "too high" basically and that's why I had hunger and no reshaping. But I'm guessing at the cause. I only know the results. LOL

19. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I'm the queen of tweaking doses. LOL Believe me, I tried tweaking. I went down to 100 iu a day.

20. Fara

Fara New Member

Hi Colleen,

I read your posts about experimenting with HWC while on hcg and it did not work. Slow or very minimal losses compared to your previous rounds.

I am experimenting with it and losing. Do you think I should stop? I am concerned about stabilization.