1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Several started that, August, and they got hungry and quit. So that's when I got to wondering if CT and hcg do the same thing and sort of negate each other. I do't know. But starting tomorrow, I'm going to do CT + hcg strict protocol. We'll see what happens. Though I'm pretty cold adapted now, I think. I don't even shiver much and I feel warmer all the time, warmer than I ever have. I could try it without CT for 3 weeks and see what happens. Not sure what to do.

2. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Colleen I'd love to see you try strict protocol with full immersion CT as I'm going to try with icing CT when I start my round. I was telling Itsy that I want to do this as an n-1 to see if icing is more effective than full water immersion for women as I've seen here the women with the greater success appear to be doing more icing than full water immersion.

I will email you and we can chat to see if you are interested in doing an experiment together

3. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Interesting just listened to a rob wolf podcast (episode 108) i believe and he basically legitimizes hcg! thats good to know.he says its expensive and questionable that it lasts but in the short term the calorie restriction isnt harmful, may be beneficial etc he said the problem lies in people who are metabolically broken when they do it and then go right back to the same behavior that made them metabolically broken before. not a ringing endorsement but not "its snakeoil!" that some people scream about. in this case i guess bodybuilders use this in conjunction with testosterone? not sure why. have you heard of that before?

4. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

oh wow - interesting stuff!

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

ColleenM, I'm starting that today. :)

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Hmm, you might be right. I will say that I'm convinced I was at least halfway to leptin sensitivity by the time I finished my hcg rounds. I only ever ate 2 meals so I was following the long times between food plus I'm convinced hcg did something to my brain. Here's a funny story. I despised onions all my life. Totally abhorred them. After my 5th round of hcg, I found myself craving them and now I love them cooked. If you knew me well, you would be shocked because this would be like saying i craved eating spiders. LOL So something changed in my brain.

7. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Colleen, that is funny about the onions...I have had the same thing happen to me with fish. I have always like shell fish but never been able to tolerate other types like catfish, tilapia, salmon, etc. Now, I am always wanting fish. Maybe it is is more because I know the Omega 3s are so good but regardles it makes my dh laugh when I buy it or order it out!

8. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

its interesting bc in the comments section of episode 88...

someone asks:

I have been hearing that, despite not being hungry, post people on this are still eating anything. Pregnant urine+500cal= still sounds like a bad idea. Robb is usually witty and snarky and I would just love a coach wolf come back to this “diet.”

he responds:

I appreciate the faith in me but I may be out of me league here. I think big cal restriction with a FAITH in the hcg + a knowledge that this is “for a specific period of time” allows folks to not be as hungry as they’d otherwise be.

they ask:

Me confuse.. Im so sorry to keep harping on this but I want to make sure Im reading you right. Are you saying HCG is ok to use?

he finally says:

I think HCG is smoke and mirrors to get folsk to cal restrict. Dodes it work long term? Doubtful.

BUT by episode 108 he kinda changes his tune.

http://robbwolf.com/2011/11/29/the-paleo-solution-episode-108/

looks like it was nov 29, 2011

i for one know something has to be happening..i love to eat, there is no way i'd be able to do this if i was starving. i'm not hungy - just bored sometimes haha - so there is no trickery with this. i also realize this diet is different than taking those pills that just reduce appetitie. i'm hoping robb's sign off on this helps my husband some. he told me last night that he doesnt like that fact that i'm taking hcg...he thinks 500 is too little (and he thought i was doing a short round, not a long one) i tried to explain how it works but i'm not very good at it. i just told him, i'm not hungry, i have energy to still exercise, i think its a good way for me to "Cleanse" my body (since its so strict, its def giving my gut time to heal and should help me pin down any more potential problem foods for me)...plus its working! multiple dr's sign off on this, and i'm doing it responsibly. nothing else i've done has been able to get rid of the "odd fat" i acquired as a result of my hashi's.

ps - colleen - dzguan did not recommend a thyroid increase, and are holding off on the estrogen until next month. they just upped my progesterone a bit and split it into an evening dose towards the end of my cycle. not sure how that will help my fatigue during that time of the month or the extreme dry eye i got around that time, but we'll see!!! my primary doc did suggest i up my cytomel by another 2.5 to see how it goes, so i'll do that. if its too much i'll back off. progesterone in general did help a lot this month - i was not bloated, my boobs were not sore so willing to stick with it!

9. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I got my response back from SugarFree as follows:

stumbled onto this blog:

http://myhcgstory.blogspot.com/

which has this disconcerting info (this is a letter from sugarfree she got)

"Well, the good news is that your fasting insulin and leptin are just

fine; no worries there. The bad news is that you have pretty severe

thyroid hormone resistance -- in other words, you are, despite your

low TSH (which is actually a pretty useless test since it doesn't

measure anything directly, but by inference), very hypothyroid. Worse:

until you get your ferritin and D levels *way* up, there's nothing you

can do about it, since any medication will not be properly absorbed or

used.

As for elevated RT3 in HCG patients, I'm not surprised -- but it's not

the HCG causing that problem; rather a different and even worse double

whammy. Here's what's happening:

1: The HCG turns adipose proto-fat cells into full fat cells, just

waiting to be filled. Not good.

2: The Simeons' protocol -- as written -- drives up fasting insulin,

sometimes into hyperinsulinemea, which drives fat storage over the

long haul, once you're no longer starving yourself. Really bad.

3: The sub-starvation level calories, according to every thyroid

medical textbook ever written, WILL, if done over an extended period

of time (more than 2 or 3 weeks), CAUSE thyroid hormone resistance in

the form of high RT3. The worst.

This is what women are doing to themselves (needlessly, as I've proven

in my blog in so many ways), and this is why I started my blog to

begin with. So that they could see, through Simeons' own words, logic,

and science, and a live experiment -- working so well! -- what HCG

doesn't do (open fat cells or help with weight loss in ANY way), and

what it and the protocol as written does do: trash the metabolism,

make insulin resistance worse, make more permanent fat cells, and

promote thyroid hormone resistance.

Then they wonder why they keep gaining back the weight -- and so

easily. It's a horrible downward spiral, and I am so happy that I have

apparently helped some folks to see the light and give this up

forever."

the one thing i'm seeing from cruising her blog is that she was hungry while on hcg...which tells me she wasn't doing it correctly so she was definitely starving her body and her body was clearly telling her that.

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Sugarfree. Sheesh, slap of my head here. She doesn't understand hcg AT ALL. And she is just plain wrong about all her theories about it. I went round and round with her on the other forum. Yes, if you have hunger, something is either wrong with your dose or it's not working for you. I have seen some people who do not respond to hcg at all. Not sure why that happens but it does on occasion.

Glad the progesterone is working! About your dry eye. How is your testosterone? My daughter was having a big problem with dry eye. Progesterone helped but testosterone helped even more.

11. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Coleen, you said you didn't load this time? Do you think its okay not to load? If I ever consider HCG again, I really dont want to load

12. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I just ate more of the kinds of things I normally eat. I wouldn't consider it really a "load" like so many to. They just gorge themselves and it's not healthy in my opinion. Some end up gaining 10 pounds! Crazy. I don't want to gain anything on the load days.

13. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

hmmm...interesting it helped your daughter. i do have a testosterone prescription from dzugan bc its a bit low..they have me an a super low dose: .1 everyday...i havent started it yet bc i wanted to go through a complete cycle with progesterone to ensure i had the correct dose so i'll be adding it soon (thought iread that in uzzi r. book) - that is interesting it helped her with the dry eye. did she suffer any side affects? what exactly is testosterone supposed to do? they did also recommend saw palmetto to combat the side effects of testosterone

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I take saw palmetto and so does my daughter. Her eyes were so dry she was getting chalazions on them. They're kind of like styes but on the underside of the lid. The testosterone fixed that.

15. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

wow! where exactly do i apply the cream? think i'm going try it this week...

16. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I apply any hormone cream on the inside of my upper arm. I get really good absorption there. :)

17. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

cool - i'll give it a go!

18. Claudia

Claudia New Member

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Dr. Mercola has an interesting protocol with applying progesterone cream. If you're interested, go to his site and put progesterone cream in the search box.

20. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

That was my experience too, Claudia.

I'll check out his progesterone cream application!