1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I think it's worth trying an experiment to see if CT does the same as hcg but to give it a fair trial, I would not eat the DCO. It's totally stalled me out, even worse than heavy whipping cream.

2. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

hey collen, thought i'd put this here

every month, about a week or so before my peirod, i experience an increase in fatigue. today it is so bad, i can barely get off the couch. i am assuming this is hormone related...can you guess what might be going on? (i just submitted an update for Dzugan as well).

i took another cortisol test, and it came back better than the last (although my my morning levels were lower than they were previously - i used to jump out of bed chipper etc, now its a struggle and the cortisol relfected that...but it was within normal range...my other levels were also within normal range and were in fact better than the last test so i guess the adaptogens are working? however, still feeling fatigue)...

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

So it's just before your period? Your estrogen starts dropping then. Are you taking estrogen at all?

4. Justfourme

Justfourme New Member

So my typical week one on hcg results in -9.6 lbs. my experiment with week one on hcg plus spot icing, plus some coconut oil netted 3.5 lbs in 1.5 weeks. Was also hungry w cravings and adjusting dose didn't help. After a couple week break, went back to a normal p2 with no icing and no oil, results were -9.3. Hunger was minimal to none, no cravings. So I'd recommend either normal hcg protocol, or else paleo plus CT, but not CT or oils with hcg. Just my N=1 experience.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

That echoes my own experience, Justfourme. Thanks for weighing in!

6. Sueville

Sueville New Member

Wonder if the CT+HCG works better for males?

7. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Yes, just around my period. The progesterone is helping with the swelling/bloating/tender boobs I normally have around this time though so thats something but theres always a handful of days right before where my fatigue is crazy (as in feel as though I'm coming down with something but dont)

And nope, no estrogen supplementation...i'm curious if that would help-although, isnt estrogen responsible for the tender boobs/bloating/swelling? which is why the progesterone is helping now? hmmm so confused, lol

edited to say: my fatigue can be month long, but its not unbearable like it is the days before my period

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

ARe you on thyroid, meggs?

9. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Yep. But am curious if Dzugan will suggest an increase. Both ft3 and ft4 are a little low

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Your fatigue should be getting better with enough thyroid too. How much are you on now?

11. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I'm on 1 grain of armour plus 2.5 mcg cyto in the morning, then at noon, I take another half grain of armour and the other 2.5mcg cytomel.

I have my most recent labs (taken prior to getting on hcg):

RT3 18 (RANGE: 13.5-34.2)

Total T3 134 (range: 71-180)

FT3 3.1 (range 2.0-4.4)

FT4 .90 (range .82-1.77)

ps - how long do i need to wait after stopping HCG before i can safely run another thyroid panel?

thanks!!

12. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I'd wait a couple of weeks before running anything else after hcg.

13. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

what do you think of my thryoid levels? should i expect an increase in armour or just the Cytomel?

i will wait a few weeks before running again...this was run in april (my #s have been steadily dropping for about 6months - not huge drops but definitly small declines over time will add up)

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Your thyroid levels are lower than I like mine. How long were you on the thyroid when this was run? It will take a while to get them higher.

15. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Its been about a year or so

16. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Then I'd be asking for an increase in my meds. :) Dr. Dzugan doesn't like Cytomel so I suspect he'll take you off that. At least he never used to.

17. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

hmmm i dont know about that! :) i hope he doesnt take my cytomel away...didnt he have you on that?

my current doc did say i had room to go up in my T3 meds (not sure why she didnt mention FT4 as that seems rather low too) but i'm holding off to see what dzugan's recommendation...

my poor husband...i got really down about everything tonight - my health, feeling tired, run down, not feeling like i'm looking my best etc and he said " not to downplay anything, but just so you know at this time of the month, you always feel like this: discouraged, depressed, tired, not interested in anything...hopefully this hormone thing will start to help you...its like your positive attitude goes out the window"...i kidded him and said "well at least i'm not a raging irrational bi$$h" and he goes, "frankly, i'd rather see you like that then this...at least then you have some spirit" he actually gets nervous when he sees me just sitting in silence...thats when he can tell things are wrong. i never realized he noticed a correlation between depression and that time of the month - i didnt even notice that

18. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

No, i put myself on Cytomel. I asked my primary doc to let me try it when I had fibromyalgia and had read up on Dr. Lowe's site. In just a few weeks, the fibro was gone. :) Dzugan wanted to take me off of it at the first visit and I refused. I wouldn't budge until I'd been on the hormones about 4 mos and still wasn't completely migraine free. Then I finally relented. LOL And it's been fine. But I was also on Cytomel a good 10 years before I went to him so the underlying conversion problem was fixed, I think.

19. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

oh wow - ok, I will be on the look out for a bit of a pushback from him re: the cytomel. i have typically in the past had a hard time with dose adjustment to thyroid meds...I think it was probably due to undiganosed adrenal exhaustion which i subsequently proved with cortisol tests...now its looking a lot better (although my morning is lower than it was but still well within normal....i suspect is was in the toilet before i started testing....i had recently started the leptin reset when i finally got around to testomg and i have to say that waking up feeling better was the first positive sign i had from the reset.). now it looks like my daily cortisol is better (i have been on adaptogens)...so hoping i am safe to go up on thyroid now (question is - which one?! armour, cytomel?). its really miserable when i cant tolerate the meds...sigh. if i have trouble with the adjustment, i may ask for a small dose of HC anyway to see if it helps me tolerate it better....also, read somewhere - dr uzzi's book maybe - that either progesterone or estrogen are critical for thyroid function - can't remember which - so perhaps finally geting them in my system will help.

i'm curious if he will perscribe estrogen. i recall you saying based on my labs, i could use a little (i was estrogen dominant only in relation to my low progesterone, not bc i had high estrogen - it was actually kinda low)

he also perscribed .1 of testosterone..i havent tried it yet bc i am waiting to ensure i'm on the right progesterone dose. VERY curious how that goes! i guess i was low in everything.

while i'm enjoying hcg and actually excited about the "break" its giving my body (i am curious to reintroduce things one at a time to see how things like eggs, tomatoes, potatoes REALLY affect me) as i'm sure its allowing my gut to heal...i suspect i'm one of those people that do better with fat and a little bit of starch in my diet (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash etc). i feel like it's "easier" on my body if that makes sense...so looking forward to getting back to it!

sorry for the verbal diarrhea! ha

oh, and i miss my cocoa :)

20. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Very interesting! It sure surprised me that CT doesn't seem to help, it actually interferes for most.