1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Paleowanna, that's a mistake most doctors make. They don't seem to have read the part in Pounds and Inches about too much causing the reverse effect. We see it all the time on the big forum. What exactly are you eating now?

Suzie, by afternoon and into the evening, you should be feeling no hunger. If that's the case take the dose to .4. If you have hunger and it continues into the evening, then the dose is too low and you go up to .6.

2. PaleowannaB

PaleowannaB New Member

3. Zoe Patricia

Zoe Patricia New Member

I was thrilled to get to 30 minutes today with my cold baths. It has been a long slow process for me. I will be starting HCG round two in about a week and a half with cold baths in place. I started cold training the end, last week, of last HCG round. I would love to split the CB into two sessions of 30 minutes each. I may try that as it feels right for me. I bathe twice a day anyway and at this point 30 minutes is all i got. When I started I could only manage 10 minutes but I did it 3 times a day. I am throwing off a lot of heat and I really think it is working. I have stabilized well. Leptin reset and cold baths.

While on HCG I never ate starch and had one fruit and an extra protein. By day 30 of last HCG round I dropped the other fruit and added 2 proteins in the form of a morning steak (grass fed fillet mignon) and added cold training. I lost well as much the last week as the first week.

Two things... thoughts on loading? What would Optimal loading look like...

And with a history of eating disorders any special supplements beyond those Doc suggested for HCG.

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

5. PaleowannaB

PaleowannaB New Member

6. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Hmm, with cutting out my fruits this round (never did eat breads in the other rounds)... if I were to cut veggies 1 day or 2 (or however often) I can take in 18 oz of tilapia at 489 calories! 9 oz for breakfast and 9 oz for dinner.

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Good, paleo. So you've added in more protein to compensate? What you could try is eating 350 calories of protein for breakfast and save 150 for dinner.

8. PaleowannaB

PaleowannaB New Member

I'm not sure if you got from my original post that I'm currently not doing the HCG and doing just the Leptin Rx and trying to figure out if I should go back on hcg or not. I do thank you for your responses especially regarding dosage.

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Yes I was just responding to your comment about having hunger in your last round. Sorry, things were getting confusing between you and Suzie. :)

10. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

haha you need to reply with quote... :eek:

11. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Thanks much Colleen. Yes, I do plan on eliminating the eggs this time which I never did before and actually was eating like 4 eggs a day for a while. I had blood work done last week which did include Free T3 and Free T4 along with Reverse T3. I am just concerned that if they are in the "range" she won't want to up the Armour. I suppose my option is to find another doctor but what can anyone suggest I go to her with to give me more if I see the numbers not where I want them?

12. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Pamela, go in armed and dangerous! Print off the optimal ranges from www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com site or one of the other good thyroid sites. Go in and say this is where I want to be. Know what you want, smile and be firm. When a doctor sees a patient knows what she's talking about, they will often listen. Mine listens. :)

13. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I think you need to keep some healthy fat in your diet. Low fat diets tend to cause gallbladder stasis and leads to the formation of stones. A gallbladder flush sounds like a good idea for you periodically.

Good luck!

14. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Gallbladder problems are caused in the fat phase by adding fats too fast, fats are supposed to be introduced a little at a time, this is noted in Robin Woodalls book "Weightloss Apocalypse"

15. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Ok, thanks Colleen, will do on Friday.

16. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Joanne, you keep mentioning her book. Are you friends with her or something? Actually any weight loss protocol can result in gall bladder issues. Our "bible' is Pounds and Inches not her book.

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

it's a common misconception that you are supposed to do high fat loading days. That's not really what the protocol states. He lists lots of things, not just fatty foods. Pastries, chocolate, and bread for example. Which of course we will never do. :) Well maybe the chocolate!

Pounds and Inches says this: Small stones in the gall bladder may in patients who have recently had typical colics cause more frequent colics under treatment with HCG. This may be due to the almost complete absence of fat from the diet, which prevents the normal emptying of the gall bladder. '

So basically, it can cause more problems when there is an existing problem.

18. Jennie747

Jennie747 New Member

I was thinking of doing one more round of HCG but I'm not sure. My gallbladder is still wonky from last time & I don't know if I want to push it, I also don't want to lose my hair again. I only have 20-30 more lbs to lose & was hoping the Leptin RX would do it for me but after almost 3 mos I'm just stable re weight, still hungry and still tired. I care less about the weight than I do getting my energy back!

I didn't know that about eggs, I have a history of Hashi's and have been eating tons of them! My antibodies have been really low though so my Doctor thinks I might not still have it (is that possible?). As much as I love eggs I guess I'll try cutting them & see what happens. I don't like seafood or offal though, I feel like there's nothing I can eat! I worry if my diet's too restrictive I won't stick to it.

19. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Hey Colleen, i mention Robins book because it is a secind hypothisis to hcg with further stydy, where alot if Simeons stuff is out dated, yet never dis credits Simeons. The study if Leptin only came into play i believe in 1994 so although Simeons had observed, used curcumference, and the process of elimination, and knew hcg worked, Robins info is some "more" information based on much study as well as observing over 1000s of patients, calories in calories out is no longer aplicable now that we know about Leptin. Ive read pounds and inches a few times and scanned it over a dozen, but now Robin was able to make more connections to the whys of some of these things (such as gallbladder) seeing it in her own studies with people, yet in her own words "more research is needed" So in the end since Simeons who we are all greatful for, we need to look into the newer research and see more done, Robin has had a few conversations with Dr Jack, im sure. :)

20. momto2

momto2 New Member

Good Morning everyone, first post here. I am in the middle of a round right now and just started CT with spot applications yesterday. Will keep you posted. Woke up with a one pound loss and the best night sleep I have had in months. I feel so rested. I am so excited about this new forum/info. It gives me hope for myself as well as the people I help in my practice :)