1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

INdigogirl (Love that name, btw), Have you gained weight with hypo? Is it a slow weight gain? Could it be connected to TOM like that? That's the part that confuses me...I gain weight only at that time.

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Claudia, I've been borderline hypo thyroid since my late teens. My mother and sister are also hypothyroid. I didn't take thyroid meds until my mid 40's...I'm 57. I am now on Armour, was originally on Synthroid, then switched doctors and was put on levothyroxine and cytomel...which worked well. I switched docs again and am now seeing a GYN that specializes in bioedentical hormones and she switched me to Armour.

The reason I can't tell about weight gain from hypothyroidism is because I started emotionally overeating in my mid thirties and put on my weight from that.

I still not sure my hormones are right...I am always tired.

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Claudia, I've been borderline hypo thyroid since my late teens. My mother and sister are also hypothyroid. I didn't take thyroid meds until my mid 40's...I'm 57. I am now on Armour, was originally on Synthroid, then switched doctors and was put on levothyroxine and cytomel...which worked well. I switched docs again and am now seeing a GYN that specializes in bioedentical hormones and she switched me to Armour.

The reason I can't tell about weight gain from hypothyroidism is because I started emotionally overheating in my mid thirties and put on my weight from that.

I still not sure my hormones are right...I am always tired.

4. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

awesome - i felt great all day yesterday so i guess i found the right dose!

one thing that might be affecting your weightloss, colleen - maybe having more protein than typically called for? i like to think that it is helping me keep more lean muscle mass so perhaps you are keeping more muscle than usual and just burning through fat (which is obviously a good thing, but would affect the scale). although, i think the beauty of HCG is that you arent really supposed to burn through muscle at all...just a thought.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You mean you think I should have more protein? I've replaced the fruit with my fat and haven't altered the protein. At first I had more protein but that was taking me over 500 calories a day and I think that might be why I wasn't losing anything the first few days. And I've never lost muscle on hcg. It's awesome for that. :)

6. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

ohhhh thats right, you are including fats and i am not (hence upping the protein since i'm not doing the starches). keep us posted!

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Down a total of 3.6 for the first week. Pretty awful. LOL But we'll see if I have no stalls in the middle.

8. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

you, my dear, are a st for doing this in the name of science. keep on keeping on!

honestly, once the dose is correct, i'm shocked by how easy this is and how good i feel. i'm not hungry at all now and am kinda looking at this like a "cleanse"...since i cant eat out etc, there is NO CHANCE for gluten cross -contamination, and there is absolutely no sugar (i used to indulge in dark chocolate for the "antioxidants" hehe)...no wine either (again, had a glass or 3 a week) which will give my liver a rest. it will be interesting to slowly add food back in one at a time to see how i re-act. i think this should only do good things for my hashis - it will give my body chance to re-charge.

if it stays this way, i would absolutely do it again if necessary...although hoping i stabilize nicely...i think its going to be a challenge mentally for me to up the calories once i get to P3 and p4.

knock on wood that it stays this way...

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I love P2. :) I always feel good on it and I don't mind the food at all. I'm never hungry, just content. Of course I'd bee MORE content if the weight were falling off like usual. LOL I also thought, well maybe even though I'm not losing much, I'm doing more reshaping, but no. About 1/2" off hips, thighs and waist each. Lower than usual, but then the the losses are low too.

10. Claudia

Claudia New Member

So, why so slow? Do you think it's the CT? Are you still doing cream? Wouldn't coconut oil be a better fat to try?

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

It's the extra fat not the CT. If I'm having fat, I'd rather have my coffee the way I like it. LOL And the ones I've talked to who have done it have had my same results with coconut oil. At least most of them. I know ChimpChick did well on her coconut oil but I think she's younger and has a better metabolism than me.

Though CT + hcg without fat doesn't seem to be producing better results either. Some stopped because they got hungry and the others had the same losses. One I talked to today had hoped she wouldn't have to do any steak days and would be more stable than in her other rounds since she teamed it with CT but that hasn't proved to be the case so far in her first week of P3. Her weight has been bouncing around like usual. I should have asked her if she saw different reshaping. I'll do that. I'm hoping for really good reshaping with the cold baths and slow losses but we will see.

Basically I'm beginning to think that hcg doesn't need any help. It affects the hypothalamus all by itself. I actually think I might be losing in this exact same way if I were doing CT +the diet all by itself. I bet the CT would cut the hunger and release the deep fat just like hcg. It seems they might do the same thing and teaming them together does nothing.

But it's all theory. LOL I'll keep trucking along.

12. Sueville

Sueville New Member

I wonder if there would be different results for those people who started CTing several weeks prior to doing HCG vs those who start CTing the same time as they start HCG. With the Detox and hunger some go through when starting CT makes me think you should cold adapt prior to starting HCG. Just something that's been rattling around in my head. Anyone have any n=1 to share in this regard??

13. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I was cold adapted before I started. I began getting into a cold pool (48 degrees) back in early Feb.

14. Sueville

Sueville New Member

Colleen -- So you had probably already worked through the hunger and detox that usually comes with CT? Or because your diet was already clean you didn't have these problems?? Will be interesting to see your results at the end of the round and on into P3.

15. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I didn't have any detox or hunger with CT. My diet has been very clean for a lot of years. Not totally paleo until last July but very healthy with grains few and far between. I did the LS starting in July and all my inflammatory markers plummeted which was cool to see. and I'd talked to Dr. Kruse about the cold thing and at his urging walked right out and got into my daughter's pool. LOL One time and I was hooked. I didn't work up to it or anything, just went straight to immersion.

16. LinD

LinD New Member

Thanks, Dr. Kruse. I feel awesome as it is. October MRI showed no new lesions, yet neuro believes my numb feet is from that. I am on year 22 since first diagnosed. (Lumbar MRI showed nothing of consequence for the numbness problem--just the beginning of arthritis in right hip.) Sigh.... Signs of turning 50....

So how to determine if the MS is truly 'active?' I know this is the hCG spot, so maybe I should find another spot to reply/ask.

At least it's Spring now, so eating Terry Wahl's way isn't such a mismatch in my mind now. (Yes, I'm a mental case, too! lol)

Sprint Samsung Epic

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I'm going to do Dr. Wahl's diet too. I figure it can't hurt. :)

18. Snowyky

Snowyky New Member

Hi Colleen, tried to message you and it says you're inbox is full or something, I have a question I wanted to ask you off the forum, can you message me your email and I'll send it through there? ~Eleanor

19. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

20. fitgirl

fitgirl New Member

Dear Colleen,

I have been doing a round of hhcg because of some vacation weight. I'm at 170 and really could stand to lose 15 pounds.

I stopped the hcg two days ago, it was day 15, I felt like my head was a problem and I wanted to eat CO as I was craving it. So I was considering it to be a planned interuption. I was gonna take off a few days and start up again to do at least a 30 day round.

I was doing CT quite religously up until a month ago, but then went on vacation and had a hard time getting back on track, since I knew CT was virtually useless without eating keto-Paleo.

Soooo, I read this entire thread and was considering doing CT (immersion baths 3 times per week, and daily spot icing after taking the CO) with the hcg diet, without resuming the hcg and adding a small amount, say one tablespoon of CO per day, but keeping to 500 calories of protein, no fruit, some healthy lettuces and my yerba mate tea with lemon and ACV.

What do you think? I know you hypothesizing that this might work, and I couldn't really see where Dr. K answered your question directly, although I could have missed it...

Any thoughts or advice??

Thanks.