1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. LinD

LinD New Member

Nuttmegs, Not sure if this is your situation, but I continued to take omega-3 while on hCG due to dry eye issues, plus my MS, and the fact I wear Ortho-K lenses at night.... I still lost well enough, but maybe not as much. ? I figured my vision more important.

Sprint Samsung Epic

2. challdo

challdo New Member

Colleen

I think carbs as written in the diet are what I missed-seasonal would be the best. The meat was alot of chicken and schrimp-too much! I wouldnt suggest the stew meat until Leptin reset.

I think daily CT didnt work because my best loss was from a 24 hour period when I didnt CT. 1.2 lbs was my biggest drop. I was consistant for one week with a daily pound but that stopped in the second week. This wasnt even a previous weight, period or anything. I even went up one day due to staying awake all night doing surgery.

I am cold adapted. No shivers, no drops in temps. Sometimes an hour in the tub at 48degrees. This definately felt good to do but I dont think it helped.

I wonder what it would be like to do it normally as written and just add CT. You know how some courses are just inches and very slow weight loss...I think this just happened. It was an effort to do this a new way but I'm out for a while now. LS is my next goal.

Cindy

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Very interesting, Cindy! thanks for sharing.

4. Shinegirl

Shinegirl New Member

Hi ive been away awhile on strict Protocol trying to lose a 5 lb gain. Back again to report that I lost the gain after about 5 days. Decided to have a glass of red wine and I'm back up again! What is it about the last 5 to 10 lbs?

Should I quit, go into p3 via leptin Rx and risk more weight gain or stick it out another week on hcg? This round has been a real roller coaster. I feel like ive tried it all and I'm sure I'm doing more harm than good. Today mini steak day, tomorrow I'm not sure I want to eat at all. Help!

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks Colleen. But there is no free T3 listed. They didn't do that test. Only free t4 and total t3. Not sure the difference. When you say in the toilet, do you mean too low?

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Total T3 then. It's still in the toilet, barely in the range.

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks. I think it's the progesterone being low as that was my problem a few years ago before I got pregnant and discontinued it during the pregnancy. I was told estrogen dominance (slight) and slightly low progesterone and used an over-the-counter cream for about 4 months. If I can get my doc to agree do you think I should request free t3 and reverse T3, those 2 were not done? I would wait until I'm off hcg for awhile. I think it wouldn't be good to get tested while on hcg, right? Or maybe even for a month after? What do you think? I am also thinking about visiting a local holistic pharmacy that does testing and see where I get with some salivary tests there, including the sex hormones as well. But I think all of this is on hold while doing hcg. Thanks again. You are very helpful. I have struggled for many years trying to lose weight and this might explain why. IT also seems to have happened after giving birth to my second. I understand it's not unusual to have thyroid problems developing in pregnancy and childbirth. I really don't know who else to turn to for advice as my paleo doc is bringing me for a follow up next week to discuss my high cholesterol (which I am not concerned about) and not my t3 being too low. So, would you say this is borderline hypothyroid?

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I'd wait until you're off hcg. That can skew the results. High cholesterol is also caused by low thyroid. My husband's dropped 100 points in just a short time when he started thyroid.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

This is all very interesting. But, my whole purpose in eating paleo for all these years and doing hcg to lose this last 12 lbs, and doing the Leptin reset, and CT, etc. is to avoid taking any thyroid stuff or anything like that. I thought CT and Leptin Rx are supposed to optimize thyroid and all hormones. That's what I'm shooting for here.

10. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Ask Dr K.

I'm not sure that optimizing means being able to get off thyroid meds and all hormones...especially depending on one's age and history.

11. Claudia

Claudia New Member

But I'm not on any hormones and thyroid meds and I don't want to be if I can correct this. I don't think being at the very low end of a range is hopeless. There's lots of hormone support in the form of supplements for thyroid that I"ve heard about, etc. Of course, I'm going to see help from someone but I don't think the current doc I'm seeing is going to be the one to offer that help. I've heard too many stories about taking thyroid meds and just messing up your thyroid even more.

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You have to do what you believe in and what's right for you! : )

13. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

back on the MDA thread he did say LR would optimize thyroid but it might take years to get to that point, CT is supposed to speed that up but no time frame has been given

14. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Claudia...look at the "CT-Thyroid Connection" thread started by AKman. I haven't read it yet, but maybe there will be something of interest there for you.

15. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I ended up being a bit hungry yesterday on my normal dose...i had the skip day on sunday, then on monday my normal 30 units left me hungry so I am trying 25 unites today ....will I be able to tell today if that is the right dose? or do I need to do it for a couple of days to see if it works?

16. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You should be better today since you just had a skip day. It shouldn't have built up much in your blood yet. Good luck!

17. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

so far it is better. Does that mean 25 units is better for me? if this lasts all day?

18. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Yes that's what it means. :)

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thank you Indigo Girl. I will check it out. I also requested a book I heard about called What is Wrong with my Thyroid? by another Dr. K. He treats hypo and hashi's with natural supplements and diet. I can't wait to read the book. I am not into taking medication at all. I don't even take Tylenol. Mostly, to me all these drugs are poison and help with one thing and hurt another. NOthing gets at the root cause. Like why is my t3 so low? I want to know why and then treat that, do something differently. I was even anti-hcg for awhile, not wanting to put a hormone in my body, although it's one I've had twice before being pregnant. But I got desperate to lose the weight and tried it last year and it worked. But then 9 months later, I found myself back where I started, gaining the weight back every month with TOM. I haven't been able to figure this mystery out either. I don't gain with certain foods, like dairy, although I'm sensitive to nuts, but these weight gains I had the past 9 months were TOM related, always gaining 1-3 pounds on day 1 or 2 of TOM. Then, the weight didn't drop back. I thought it was the usual water weight but it never dropped back down. I'm not sure if this is related to the hypothyroid or if this is some other imbalance going on.

20. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Claudia, I'm hypothyroid, too and you can gain weight being hypothyroid.

I think I know the Dr. K you are referring to...the one who wrote the thyroid book. I think he also has a website and people on here refer to him.

Keep us posted about what you're doing.