1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by colleencoble, Mar 19, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Do we have any new guinea pigs doing this? I know Chimpchick is trying it with the addition of keto items like coconut oil and dark chocolate.

I'm going to try it myself when I get back to Indiana in two weeks and will report. After doing 5 rounds the normal way, we'll see if the addition of CT slashes the fat faster and gets hormones in order better. I bet it does. :) Will be VERY interested to see if it does anything with my thyroid. I currently take 3 to 3.5 grains a day. I am very in tune with my body and will be able to tell if I need to lower my dose as this progresses.

Anyone else doing it?

2. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Ill be doing CT while on hcg, ive done only 2 days so far, im sticking to protocol, the body is highly sensitive with hcg in it and i dont want to mess by adding oils and such, knowing what hcg already does bc of the low cals and specific foods, i just trust it, sure you might lose still but risking the hormones by adding off protocol foods is deffinately a risk, so as for hcg+CT go we'll see, ive seen posts of people on my facebook who now have problems stabilizing, or thyroid who have done rogue protocols, even hcg users who have done up to several rounds and have gotten their hands on proper info now going back to basics, i say if you want to do CT while on protocol see what happens, but as for adding off protocol things no, hcg is simply not a diet its hormonal treatment with newer information by Robin Woodall who has newer info than simeons and has been treating many patients, once again, if you want "diet" results get off hcg and do LR or simply hcg. :)

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You've started already, Joanne? Will be interesting to see what CT adds for you. Have you done any rounds before for comparison?

4. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Oink Oink! This is awesome Colleen and Joanne!

It would be great to see how this plays out with different protocols being followed.. I am so close to goal that I don't mind being a rebel with some non Simeon foods, especially since I am jumping right into Leptinville + CT.. after my LIW..

Anyone who is interested in this Colleen is the HCG expert and always SUPER helpful!

5. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

You've got me intrigued... Thanks! (I think. ;) )

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I hope you tred new ground for us, chimpchick! :) You are brave!

7. Kirstin

Kirstin New Member

I am waiting for my hCG (impatiently, I might add!). I plan on doing CT and the LR timing and not eating fruit, but wasn't sure about the fat aspect of it. This will be my first time with hCG. Can't wait to get started!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think HCG plus CT might light the world on fire......I am anxiously awaiting this bio hacks result with you guys

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

We DO feel cold on hcg. And Doc says it sets our brain up to expect cold on the skin. When we don't give it to it, it derails the full effect. I'm excited to try it. I know just about everything there is to know about hcg and have seen about every tweak known to man in the 3 1/2 years I've been on the big forum. So I will be able to really put the hcg + CT through its paces. I have high expectations, Doc! VERY high expectations. :)

I just love CT. It's amazing how addicting it gets. I feel so good when I get out. :)

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

August, I have read Pounds and Inches COUNTLESS times. Countless. And I never noticed that before. Thanks for posting it!

11. rbu5@sssnet.com

rbu5@sssnet.com New Member

I'll report in as a guinea pig ;)

I've been on hcg for 9 days now and have lost about 6.5#'s. Wierd thing this time was I lost during loading so now I'm not showing the huge first week losses as the usual. I think my body was so used to the lots of fats that it didn't blink when I ate all those avocados and steaks on load days. LOL

Doing the timing of Leptin Rx by eating one pc of protein within 30 minutes of waking. Nothing in between meals and 4 - 5 hrs in between. I have my veg at noon and then for dinner my protein and veggie. No fruit, since I do no sugar anyway as a rule while eating paleo and no glutin so no melba. So far so good. I have been trying to get more serious about my Cold Therapy, but like most that are hypothryoid and doing hcg, I'm not liking the cold so much. I know once I get cold adapted in a few weeks the weight will hopefully really move. I have about 25 to 30#'s I would love to lose for good and hopefully in this one 45 day round! This is my fourth go round with hcg in the last 2 yrs. I've lost about 25 to 30 pounds each time and have gained it back again.

Will be interesting to see how everyone stabilizes with doing CT and LRx with Hcg.

[h=2][/h]

Mommy2grm likes this.
  12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I am doing HCG and CT... I am one week in.

I am following protocol but have omitted fruit and the bread sticks.

I am increasing my proteins to make up for the lessor calories. Keeping it still around 500 a day.

I am eating just 2 meals a day. Breakfast and dinner (between 3-5pm)

I am drinking green & yerbamate tea throughout the day and one cold-dripped coffee a day.

I am doing spot CT'ing around my complete middle section 1-2x a day and 30 minutes a night in the pool up to my waist.

I have been doing CT since early Feb. and I do find it harder to "want" to do it during HCG because I am usually more chilly on this protocol. I have done HCG 3 x before. Struggled with stabilizing. I only have 10 to lose but I wanted to see if CT would help with the stabilizing part. I have hormone and thryoid issues in the midst of all this.

If you have any further suggestions as to how to make this the perfect successful round... I am all ears! Teach me!

13. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

With or with out fat? :rolleyes:

14. rbu5@sssnet.com

15. rbu5@sssnet.com

SuzieQ, have you kept a record of the other times you did the protocol as far as your losses? How are your losses this past week?

We are all here to support each other. I have the same issues...low hormones that need corrected with BHRT and thyroid. Eh!

But! We have CT this time to overcome those little impediments LOL (Thanks Doc K!)

16. Ane

Ane New Member

Count me in on the experiment. Currently doing my final round of hcg. I have done tub CT a few times, but now that I have gotten a thermometer, I realize that I am nowhere near the 50s. I will start adding ice tomorrow. I typically lose an average of .5 lbs a day. Come on final 30 pounds!!

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Excited to see how you do, Alicia! How many days on hcg so far?

18. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

I am on my 4th round of hcg, took a long break between 3 & 4 to do the Leptin Rx. I had hoped I could lose on Leptin Rx but that was not the case, but I was stable as a rock and didn't gain more than 2 lbs. When I read the first CT blog I decided to amp up my cold shower, which I'd been doing off and on for about a year, for totally different reasons! I started hcg mid Feb, and lost 10 lbs before doing a 3 day interruption, I am back on now for the last week and then I will move to a Leptin Rx style P3. I am eating 650-750 calories per day. My typical rate of loss averaged out to be .5 per day, and I am still at about that level.

The first week I followed protocol pretty strictly, the second week I started adding cream in my coffee and cut all fruit... losses did slow down about them. For this last week I am cutting the cream and adding back in some limited fruit. I have not experienced one day of crazy hunger like I did in previous rounds... I always had at least one day that was challenging. I'm cold whether I do CT or not, so i figure I might as well do the CT because I feel really good afterwards, and notice when I am warming. I get really warm in the middle of the night and kick the covers off.

19. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Lisa, when you are done with this round, will you be at your goal weight? Will you then go straight back into LR this time too? If so...how do you handle the first few days of eating?

20. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

No I will not be at goal weight. I will go straight back to LRx, but will immediately eat breakfast, then ramp up breakfast to 45-50 gr protein which is my max. Previously on LRx, I was able to eat a very small lunch or skip it entirely, and a moderate dinner and I was fine as long as I ate that breakfast. I plan on repeating that process. I don't know if or when I'll do another round, if I can restrict calories enough without hunger using CT, then I may try doing it without hcg.