1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New From Perth Western Australia

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Donna D'Souza, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Donna D'Souza

Donna D'Souza New Member

Hi I'm Donna from Perth Western Australia and embarking on the leptin Reset diet. I have type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism and Insulin resistant. I need to lose about 10kgs and am hoping this diet will help with my energy and diabetes.

Bryn likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Donna and welcome, please start a journal in the journal section to give Dr. Kruse some health history so he has context.
    Your Moms health? Your Grandmas health? Siblings? Children?

Do you have Dr. K.s book? The Epi-Paleo RX

Do you listen to Dr. K's podcasts? Great fast way for info!

Donna D'Souza likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome......

Donna D'Souza likes this.
  4. Penny

Penny New Member

Bryn and Donna D'Souza like this.
  5. Donna D'Souza

Donna D'Souza New Member

Ok I am so new to all this and am feeling very overwhelmed. I will head to the journals and start one so Dr. Kruse can oversee and comment? ok I don't have his books but I will start reading the references listed above. Wish me luck - and I hope I'm not over my head.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

doesn't matter if it is over your head.........its your life and you have to take control of it. Due diligence is the key.

Toby King and Donna D'Souza like this.
  7. Donna D'Souza

Donna D'Souza New Member

Hi Caroline, ok so I bought the kindle version of the Epi-Paelo Book and will attempt to read it all this weekend. In the interim - is there any thing I can do to really drive down morning blood sugars? Its always ok before I go to bed - 5.4 but in the am its always high - like 7 - 7.9 am afraid its going to get higher and I have no idea why?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Donna .....are you doing the leptin reset?

These are the important bits.....

Upon rising - go outside barefooted and as few clothes as possible.....and look at the sun. (Btw - no glasses on)

This is a light story. You want the healing powers of Mother Nature and the sun.

Have your BAB within 30 minutes of rising .....outside.

Leave four hours between meals and at least four hours before bedtime.

No artificial lites after sundown.

Limit electronics ....iPhone, iPad, TV etc. ( no electronics in the bedroom)

Do you have blue locker glasses? This is extremely important!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Okay ..... More questions

What kind of water are you drinking?

How is your sleep?

How much time are you able to spend outdoors?

What do you do for work?

What is your nnEMF situation? At work? At home?

If you have any questions ...fire away!

10. Donna D'Souza

Donna D'Souza New Member

I do the leptin reset but at the moment I can't seem to get up and eat so i just have protein shake with mct oil (total protein weight 55grams)
    I have a bulletproof coffee at about 9:00am and I wont have anything else to eat until dinner at 5:30 - 6pm
    I get ready for work at 6am and leave the house at 7am and work till 5pm.
    I take my dog for a walk at 6pm sometimes for an hour sometimes 1/2 hour. I try and eat before I go for a walk - in bed at about 10:30pm... I do have blue blocker glasses and have installed flux on my macbook. I am adopting the bulletproof diet - and eat seafood every day - barramundi fish, seafood marinara and today some oysters. Water is little hard for me - I do drink tea with stevia and I have a glass of sole (crystal salt water) first thing in the am. I have salts lamps through out the whole house and at night I put it off in my bedroom , but have it on first thing in the am then goes on all day till I go to bed. I work close to 9hrs a day so time in sun is limited. I do go to the beach and am there at about 7:30am on the weekends and stay there for about 1 hour - with my dog. I work as an accountant.

caroline likes this.
  11. Donna D'Souza

Donna D'Souza New Member

Is it ok though to just have a protein shake in am whilst on the Leptin reset diet? I only do this during the week. Thanks all.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Can you? Sure, but should you? Nope. Protein shakes are made of electrons with lowered photonic power = GMO = you will need to eat more than less to make up the deficit.

Leptin has pleotropic effects under frequencies of light that are capable of reverse insulin resistance and diabetic ketoacidosis. The problem is the studies are not being done in sunlight but under blue artificial light and we wonder why we spin our wheels understanding leptin. What leptin does under full spectrum light does not equal what it does under artificial lighting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26969486 At least people are looking at leptin but they clearly don't understand it. LIGHT not food.

13. Hi Jack, are you saying that full spectrum solar irradiation coupled with proper leptin sensitivity can reverse insulin resistance and diabetic ketoacidosis? Thank you