1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

new beginnings, everyday blessings

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by rlee314, Dec 27, 2014.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

When does the baby hiccup? Near sunset or later?

2. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

later. usually 9ish.

3. Hope

Hope Gold

Hi! I have recently read that hiccups in baby are normal...or nothing to worry about unless excessive? See here: http://www.med-health.net/Fetal-Hiccups.html

Good luck to you!! 7 more weeks :)

4. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thanks hope.

the reflux has subsided thankfully. i spent a few days at the beach, did some epsom salts baths and have been drinking more water.
    i was about ready to biohack my diet--which i feel like is pretty good. though, idk. i eat fish 2-3x/day and have pretty much the entire pregnancy. i live in hawai'i and while i *could* be eating a variety of fruits i don't much. i don't really crave fruits. i don't really have any pregnancy cravings--which friends feel is odd. but, i didn't have pregnancy cravings my last pregnancy either. so..idk? i've been doing a mostly leptin type method of eating most of the pregnancy. i just wake up hungry-bc i don't eat past 6pm-and have just always felt better in general if i eat a BAB. though the past few weeks it takes me a while-like an hour or more-to eat the BAB. i usually eat it in 2 installments. since the reflux-which was only awful and noticable for a day or 2-i've not been eating so much at breakie...just breaking it up a bit. so, i feel like i'm eating regularly from about wake-up, 30 min of waking til about 9 or 10 am, so that's like 3-4 hours of eating kindof.

caroline likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is going to be a super duper epi-paleo baby!

How is your son?

6. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thanks caroline. i'm hoping so!!

my boy is doing great!! his issues-fat absorption-and some tooth decay have improved!! stools are perfect bristol 4s at least 2x/day. so, i'm super stoked about that!
    tooth decay is improving. i actually need to take photos of where they're at now-should have taken them a few months ago to compare-so i can compare in a few weeks/months. epi-paleo for the win!!! seriously so amazing!!
    another amazing thing--i don't want to jinx myself here--i should add this to the optimal kids forum--but, the past month or so ALL of his friends have had this bug or that bug, fevers, ear infections, coughs etc--he has NOT!! what are the differences with these kids and him? what i know is he rarely watches ANY TV/screens. IF he does it's during the day-never at night. he doesn't have a kindle, ipad etc--he's freaking 4 after all--why the hell does he need one? (he really wants one bc ALL of his friends have one or more) and--he is an epi-paleo kid every day. we eat fish at least 1x if not 2x/day, every. single. day. his friends--ALL have some sort of screen device. and, their diet is different, completely.

7. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

so...one thing i'm curious and concerned about is DHEA and pregnancy and post partum. i've read the DHEA blog and have read i'm pretty sure every thread on the forum about DHEA. my level which was tested a few weeks before conception-i'm now 34 weeks-was lowish. definitely NOT optimal. my sleep lately is not so awesome either. so, i'm thinking and assuming my DHEA is still LOW. how do i improve this? how do i increase it? what is safe while i'm breastfeeding? maybe i should ask this in 'ask jack'?

8. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

9. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

http://www.ifc.unam.mx/curso_ritmos/capitulo13/Reppert891.pdf

thank you josh!!

will be interesting to see what this baby is like.
    i started hard core epi paleo several weeks prior to conception and have continued throughout the pregnancy...so, loads of DHA-maybe not the most optimal forms per se--lots of sardines, smoked salmon, salmon, raw salmon, and shrimp have been my main sources for fish/dha. anyhow..i've also had exposure to natural blue light-i live in hawai'i, so, lots of sun=blue light. and of course being online-blue light exposure, though i have filtered that w/screen filters and blueblockers for the past several months also. i'm just curious how much DHA was wasted due to my exposure to bluelight?
    and...since my sleep has not been super awesome the past few weeks--due to discomfort and some reflux and waking to urinate 1-3x during the night-i'm curious about the melatonin exchange between me and baby. also curious if i've been using/stealing baby's adrenals--i know this was discussed some in the optimal reset Q&A.

anyhow...almost 36 weeks...looking forward to meeting baby soon. i had my son at 38 weeks...so, curious to see when this one arrives.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I can't wait too!

rlee314 likes this.
  11. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Looking forward to seeing pics of mom and baby. You've done a good thing for both of you!

P.s. My daughter called today and shared the news...she's having a boy! I'm going to have a grandson next October!

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Rlee well done on your journey so far . Won't be long no3w even though it may feel like it.
    Fitness congrats you will be a gran!

13. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

how exciting for you fitness!! 1st grandchild? is your daughter on the optimal path w/you?

14. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thank you lahelada. i hope so. i feel it so. even though

15. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

No, but at least she's taking the prenatal vitamins with the active form of folate.

She also made her doctor aware of my MTHFR status and the neural tube defect her brother was born with.

My daughter is not a seafood fan after having a bad experience when she was a little girl. Food poisoning.

16. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

sigh.
    38 weeks and feeling a bit discouraged.
    at last weeks apt my hemoglobin was tested via finger prick-came back under 9. i know that iron lowers due to blood volume expansion during pregnancy. but, unless the device used to measure this was way off-which is possible i guess-then my hg has gone down significantly in the last month--it was a little over 10 when checked about a month ago.

rereading the redox rx i came across this.
    "12. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit, called an H/H level, can tell you if you have a lowered redox potential (you do if you are anemic)."

i'm curious how this applies to pregnancy? @Jack Kruse my midwives didn't seem terribly alarmed but noted they wanted to see the level come up and would be cautiously watching post delivery for signs of too much bleeding and consider a possible pitocin shot. i'd really like to avoid this. but, of course also desire a safe birth.

really hoping my redox is not low.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Get more sunlight especially on your pregnant gut and watch the H/H rise

rlee314 likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it will also increase venous O2 tensions in baby........and here is key. Do not let them cut your cord EARLY. Tell the OB to wait later than normal........baby will need that RBC mass if you dont have much.

rlee314 likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Pitocin? I'd fire their assess. You need way more sun exposure.......that is what the ,abs are telegraphing. Read Richelle's journal why you do.

rlee314 likes this.
  20. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thank you!!
    i did just that yesterday. went to the beach and bathed in the sun-full belly exposure.
    and i just read richelle's journal-while you were commenting.
    thank you!

delayed cord clamping for sure.

caroline likes this.