1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

new beginnings, everyday blessings

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by rlee314, Dec 27, 2014.

1. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

aloha all,
    time to start a journal.
    i've been reading dr kruse's blogs for a few years, checking in on the forum from time to time too. it wasn't until the optimal reset at the beginning of 2014 that i really got into and inspired to commit to epi-paleo and all the rest of it.
    bit of intro--i'm 35, mother to a jovial 4 year old boy. we live on maui and enjoy 'island life'.
    as a child i was sick often. vaginal birth, 2nd born, breastfed for 1 year. tonsils out at age 5, chronic pneumonia from years 6-8. (started having symptoms of gluten intolerance at age 11 though didn't make the connection of why i hated pizza til 16 years later). born and raised in utah, moved to idaho at 15-18, moved to oregon at 18-31, moved to maui 5 months pregnant at 31. wisdom teeth out at 29, kidney stones a year later. on BCP for 10 years. after going off BCP hormones fluctuated a bit, eczema appeared on face--that's when i decided to go 'low gluten', skin improved, pregnant a few months later. excellent pregnancy and birth-home birth, breastfed baby for 3.5 years--around the time my boy weaned is when i started having some health issues...noticed pain/tenderness in right breast and lump, determined it was plugged milk ducts from weaning...around the same time i decreased dosage of lugols iodine--i had previously been supplementing 50mg for 6 months. breast pain, tenderness and lump appeared to be cyclical--assumed was related to decreased iodine and possibly hormones. traveled to utah to visit family--was careless w/my diet, returned home and became ill w/a stomach virus---recovered from stomach virus but gut felt 'off'. post stomach virus symptoms of sinus infection started. dealt w/breast pain/tenderness, lump/cyst and sinus infection symptoms from july-october. beginning of october i felt getting some labs would be a good idea--i posted the results in the 'optimal labs forum'. not great results. TPO ab, not great thyroid, elevated TSH, clear indication of chronic bacterial infection etc. at this point i became VERY serious about epi-paleo and avoiding nnEMF, CT and grounding every day. I ate seafoods 2-3x/day for several weeks--feeling awesome. labs improved-though TSH increased, i did increase lugols dose in addition to eating seafood every day, also increased selenium dose, infection cleared-mostly....
    so...after getting my labs back and realizing i was dealing w/a chronic infection-i really should have done something about it before i had the labs done-and realizing that i may be developing an AI-dis-ease/hashis i was pretty depressed and discouraged. i also assumed w/my labs and elevated TSH that i was infertile--i had been thinking of considering another child for several months. well...much to my surprise-shock really-i got a + pregnancy test on november 9th, just one month after getting the horrible lab results! obviously not the 'optimal' time to get pregnant. (this is certainly not the optimal pregnancy i was hoping for/planning for) up until the week of thanksgiving i was continuing w/my seafood diet 2-3x/day, avocado, raw onion and raw garlic + salad greens...then the feelings of nausea and not much appetite started to set in and the thought and smell of seafood was repulsive. Other than not being able to continue w/the daily seafoods intake i've felt pretty good. this past week i've been able to start eating some seafoods again-sardines wrapped in seaweed, some salmon and shrimp too.
    i had some labs done again about a month ago--vast improvement in most areas from the previous labs done in october. vitamin d level is 70, metabolic panel looked good except for alkaline phosphatase is low, mcv is still a bit elevated, hemoglobin and hemotocrit are low/normal at 12.5 and 37.3. LDH is also low at 121 and TSH is elevated at 4.7
    reading Kovita's optimal journal and the lovely words expressed to her when she announced her pregnancy have been very inspiring for me. my ND said it's quite a miracle i conceived w/my previous labs, infection and TSH and likely thyroid issues-though i am inclined to think the thyroid may be linked to the infection-as i don't have symptoms of hypothyroid-and reading about iodine, perhaps the increased TSH is due to supplementing iodine?
    anyhow...hoping from this point forward i will be able to have a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy. i contine to CT-in the ocean several times/week. ground daily. do daily epsom salts baths. trying to focus on the blessings that a baby brings and not the unfortunate state of my health...though, i'm not going to be ignorant about that either.

thanks for reading....

Hope, Jude, nicld and 1 other person like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi riee ......... Please keep posting so we can follow along on this incredible journey........

rlee314 likes this.
  3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Best wishes for your pregnancy….looking forward to reading more.

rlee314 likes this.
  4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Congratulations on your pregnancy! You have the knowledge to make the most out of it health wise. Is your little boy excited that he's going to have a sibling?

I remember the days of early pregnancy when certain foods or beverages just turned my stomach. Even coffee (and I love coffee!).

Welcome to journal land :)

rlee314 likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well that little baby brain will be given a huge benefit by all his momma's DHA........keep the flow of DHA and iodine in you flowing thru your placenta.........that is the key. And breast feed that baby!

Brent Patrick and rlee314 like this.
  6. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thanks all!!

so, i have a positive update-i think-on some of my labs.
    got TSH retested a week ago and it went from 4.7 in november to 2.5 i'm not exactly sure what pregnancy does to the thyroid or TSH? but, i'm interpreting this as a good thing?

also, my irons increased from november as well. had labs done on 1/7
    hemoglobin 11/25 was 12.5 now, 1/7, 13.4
    hemotocrit 11/25 was 37.3 now, 1/7, 39.5
    i'm wondering if epsom salts baths and lots of sun could have improved irons? i thought i read something from dr seneff -and dr kruse- that iron is connected to sulfate?

anyhow. feeling pretty great overall. i'm able to eat seafood daily-ideally multiple times/day-again now. i wasn't able to stomach my beloved salmon and shrimp for a few weeks. and i was told at a restaurant they would NOT serve me oysters since i was pregnant--my fault for opening my mouth bc at the time i didn't look pregnant!

7. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

what's not been so great is sleep. sigh. wondering about adenosine. safe for pregnancy? also curious about DHEA. safe to supplement? how can i increase? it was low on labs from october-before conception.
    part of the issue may be that i still co-sleep w/my 4 year old. i'm trying to transition him to his own bed--slowly.
    i don't eat carbs past 6. i wear blue blockers at night. and candle light after sunset. i was doing good w/not having to get up in the night to urinate--i normally never do, but, now being 14 weeks pregnant i am waking about 3am to urinate. should a pregnant woman be able to go all night w/out needing to urinate? so, sleep from 3-6am is not great.

thoughts or suggestions on how to improve sleep?

also, i feel like my glutathione levels have improved...but, recently reading how important glutathione/GSH is during pregnancy. would a transdermal or liposomal form be ok to do? i know sulfur is also connected to glutathione--maybe the sulfur-epsom salts baths and garlic and onions-really is doing me good? looking up old threads for the sulfur/iron connection.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you needed to hear the Optimal reset Q & A last night.......this is all we talked about.

rlee314 likes this.
  9. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

just reread the hasi/melasma blog. holy fucking hell!! this is/was me. i'm going to go w/was b/c i feel soooo much better. and my labs seem to have improved--thanks to tons of grounding. epsom salts, iodine, selenium, dha, epi-paleo, positive thoughts, blue blockers, electrons from the sun and ocean.

quote from the blog. ""The amino acid tyrosine is a precursor for thyroid hormones, DHEA, and dopamine synthesis. An enzyme activated during chronic bacterial infection (think altered quorum sensing in the gut due to synthetic estrogens) can deplete tyrosine levels, which is why there is an association between low thyroid function, DHEA, and chronic sinus infections. It also lowers iodine and lithium levels. This is why Hashimoto’s can be a gateway disease to many other diseases like PCOS, Multiple Sclerosis, Devic’s syndrome, or anxiety/depression too." question for dr jack or anyone else who knows. what is the enzymre that is activated during chronic bacterial infection?

Hope likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi riee ..... So happy you had a huge lite bulb moment and are feeling so much better,

How is your little guy?

rlee314 likes this.
  11. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

could i have healed my issue had i supplemented tyrosine? should i inquire about supplementing now? look at diet?

12. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thanks caroline!!
    my little boy is doing well thank you! i've been so hyper focused on him i kindof forgot about myself...til i started to spiral. seems the direction of my spiral is shifting though...hopefully.

13. kovita

kovita Silver

good to have another pregnant woman here! I have chronic infection (lyme), I was very afraid when I found I wa pregnant, considering a lot... So far so good (26 w now) , actually much better than anyone could expected. I feel great! Raw fish, seafood and oysters are my stable, I eat sea vegetables almost with every meal as well, iodine recomendations for pregnancy are extra underestimated. My hormone levels were excellent during the first and second trimester, i am about to see what the entrance e to the third trimester will fo to the hormone demand. I actually feel healthy after years of being sick. I do not meditate much about why is it so, I am emjoying it and nurturing it and I have no intentions to come back where I was before. I have already plans for BHRT after the delivery to avoid the hormonal swing, which could hurt me big time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    rlee314 likes this.
  14. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

15. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

FOT5212.JPG

getting some electrons in on sunday w/my little boy.
    27 weeks and feeling great.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Awesome pic on the beach getting sun at the right time and eating Fish.........AWESOME!

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Thanks for including us in this amazing journey xo

Brent Patrick and rlee314 like this.
  18. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thanks!!
    feeling very grateful-and healthy-to have had the influence of dr. jack's blog posts and comments in FB groups and the support of this group during this pregnancy. great community that i feel blessed and forever grateful to be a part of.

19. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

so...reading UBI 10 again...and UBI 12...bc i am thinking/feeling that my baby-almost 33 weeks-is getting hiccups sometimes. at night mostly it seems. and, i've also been experiencing what i assume is heartburn? reflux maybe? i honestly don't know bc i have only ever experienced heartburn/reflux during the last few weeks of my previous pregnancy-and that seemed to be triggered by foods-specifically tomatoes...so, i'm wondering if both of these symptoms are 'red flags' that something is not quite right w/me and baby...or, if both are perhaps a 'normal' part of pregnancy caused by organs being shifted-reflux-and baby learning to breathe-hiccups.

i myself do not hiccup-though the reflux has caused some. and like i mentioned i don't experience heartburn or reflux.
    i've also been yawning some--but, i experience interupted sleep due to waking to urinate 1-2x during the night. other than that i feel like i have good energy levels and aside from the slight reflux and possible hiccups from baby i feel digestion is good.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Kovita just had her baby.......