1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

New baby

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Rubicon, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

My wife Tania and I are expecting our first child on Aug 7. Unfortunately, a c-section is scheduled for that date. I thought I'd do a little write-up on how it's gone sofar.

We did a couple of rounds of IVF last year. My very low sperm count made it impossible to become pregnant naturally, hence the need for IVF.
    Each round of IVF produced around 7 viable eggs that were fertilized via ICSI, and in the end we were left with 4 viable embryos in cold storage. One was implanted Dec 7, 2017 and pregnancy was achieved.

We spent 4-weeks in Mexico in Dec/Jan to hopefully help get a good start to the pregnancy with lots of sun exposure. Otherwise, we've been stuck up at the 55th latitude for the remainder of the time. Pretty early on Tania found she lost her appetite for butter and salmon and switched from a low carb diet to a lot more carbs, dairy, honey, fruit, etc. Oysters have been tolerated and we've eaten them regularly. She's used her phone, wifi, and computer more than I have liked, but it was difficult to compromise on that. Wifi and power to the bedroom get turned off every night, although wifi from neighbors houses has the same signal strength as our own router. Also, there are at least 2 wireless smart meters at our house, one in the basement and one on the outside of the house.

This summer we've been getting tons of sun and going to a nearby river valley where there are no cell signals. A day in the sun at the river is noticeably more refreshing than a day in the sun in town (a small city of about 60,000 people, ton's of cell towers, airport).

A day of sun at the river, water is still pretty cold:

[​IMG]

The final ultrasound was completed last weekend. It showed baby is in the 80th percentile for fattiness, and Tania has a lot of water. The baby is sitting laterally instead of head down, with the cord wrapped around the neck. The obgyn does not feel it's safe to attempt to move the baby into proper position, a breach birth is too risky, and has gone ahead and scheduled the c-section. Aug 7 will be 38 weeks & 4 days of the pregnancy.

2. Jenelle

Jenelle Gold

@Rubicon ~ congratulations & best wishes!

My clinical experience last night was in labor & delivery, and I woke up this morning still thinking about it. How timely to see your post today and this wonderful picture of your wife. Your baby is so fortunate already.

Please update when you can! I'll be thinking of you. :)

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Wow that’s a great pic! I imagine it couldn’t have been all THAT comfortable for her. Most mothers will do almost anything to give their kids the best.

Speaking of which, I’m curious what Dr. K thinks of this. Unnecessary? Dangerous? I’d be tempted in a healthy mother.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2075768-boost-c-section-babies-by-giving-them-vaginal-bacteria/

FWIW, my first son was born with the cord wrapped around his neck. Dad still cut it and now son is doing this:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...he-wants-to-do-right.21506/page-2#post-245472

You still have time for the positioning to shift naturally. Best wishes!

Rubicon and WalterNL like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

thinking of you and your wife and baby ........Can't wait to see pics of your bouncy bundle of joy!

Rubicon likes this.