1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Neoprene-Do you use it? Feet in or out?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by vwaggs, Mar 26, 2012.

1. JC2K

JC2K New Member

Yes and no. The shivering is not a symptom of detoxing. The shivering is your body trying to warm itself up, causing your body to draw on those fat cells for energy (at some point, depending on your food).The detoxing comes from the emptying of the fat cells for energy. But I have no idea how much at one time. It's not like you use a pound of fat in one session. So the toxins come out because of shivering, you don't shiver because of toxins. Clearer?

2. Susan M.

Susan M. New Member

Thank you JC2K for the explanation. I was thinking about it last night, and I guess I should have said that I have major goosebump on my legs while I am in the water. They really look unnatural. I don't have any goosebumps on my top half while I am in the water, and most of my noticeable shivering is done after I have been out of the tub for about five to ten minutes and continues sporadically for about 30 minutes.

Thanks again for the response. A little more clear, yes. It takes me a long time to figure out things. I took a statin drug for only about a year, but it really messed up my ability to focus, and I am still recovering I suspect. I know that is a poor excuse, but it is what it is, but eventually I get there. I haven't noticed much in the way of detoxing, I guess. Just starting to get some loose squishy fat on my stomach. I notice that the next day, if I haven't done my soak yet, that it has firmed up just a bit. I really don't know what that is all about. I guess I should hope for some more out-of-the tub shivering?

This is all so facinating!

3. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

I use the booties I find if I don't my feet cramp badly and I can't stay in the water. even with the booties I can get cramping but my water temp is about 47F

4. Jim

Jim New Member

No booties for me. I get the water running then add some Epsom Salts. I step in barefooted and help the salts dissolve with my feet. Then I sit down while the tub "fills". The water only comes up to about my waist so my upper body is out of the water. I have ice packs on my thighs, the tops of which are exposed, and on my tummy. I move them around a bit to make sure I'm not getting frostbite. When I take my cold shower I also start with my legs and move up body. Of course with the shower I am getting everything wet. The back goes last but by then I am fairly acclimated. My feet are now fine using this process. When I first started they would be a bit stiff. Give it time and things will get better.

5. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I haven't used the neoprene booties for two weeks now. I find it's sufficient to keep my feet out from time to time. I alternate between sitting up with water up to my stomach, feet in, and full body immersion, up to my neck, and keep my feet out. I'll keep the booties to use in the future when I walk in a lake - in case the sand is not smooth or there're shells... :)