1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Negative Ion Generators

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by persistence, Sep 10, 2014.

1. persistence

persistence New Member

Can someone recommend a negative ion generator that does NOT create ozone? I understand they exist and have slightly more voltage control circuitry in order to avoid ozone as a byproduct. Not having a lot of luck finding one so far....

2. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

not exactly what you're asking but Himalayan salt lamps are natural ones when heated. I will be purchasing a small hot plate to heat mine at night without needing to emit visible light. Also creates a stabilizing magnetic field that mitigates some unwanted EMF (in my case from airplanes passing overhead).

3. persistence

persistence New Member

Do you have any data on how many ions that would release per volume of salt? Any idea how much the commercial units create?

4. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

no data, but qualitatively I can feel a very helpful difference. (I had been dealing with EMF hypersensitivity). The more the salt block is heated - stove works better than candle, I don't have a lightbulb one - the better the effect for me. Also works better for me to carry the heated salt block around with me to support my own magnetic field, rather than placing it near a possible EMF source away from my body.

Martha Ray likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have one ion to mention here and will give no context..............Ag.

lilreddgirl and Da-mo like this.
  6. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I put on my humidifier that puts out AG+ ions to purify the water. Immediate improved signaling - less EMF hypersensitiviy - in an room wide area. Bigger coverege than my small heated Himalayan salt lamp - which now has a hot plate for overnight heating right near head of my bed.

Martha Ray likes this.
  7. persistence

persistence New Member

Can you recommend one of these Himalayan salt lamps?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Himalayan+salt+lamps+

What my original question was noting is that most ion generators produce ozone as a byproduct of the same process that creates the ions. Breathing in ozone is dangerous and can damage lining of the lungs.

Martha Ray likes this.
  8. persistence

persistence New Member

Which humidifier are you referring to? What is make and model?

Martha Ray likes this.
  9. nicld

nicld Gold

That is the exact one that I have. No idea if it is helping or not, sorry but I like it. We even saw one in a small Fossil store in Colorado that was HUGE. I estimate is was 2-3 feet tall and about 40-50 pounds.

10. persistence

persistence New Member

The URL I gave you was a search result on Amazon that shows MANY different products. Can you supply a link to the particular one you like? I know zero about these things.

11. Jude

Jude Gold

Nicole, where do you keep your lamp?
    Wondering about night time use... stove heated lamps ?? have you seen any?

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

13. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Non...so that must be what lilreddgirl is using to carry around...clever.
    Have a friend that is being impacted with nnemf and perhaps that's a way to go protem...

14. persistence

persistence New Member

I wouldn't want to bet my life that those didn't have some kind of heavy metals bound up with the salt. Since it is not a food, I doubt they test for it. Where was the salt obtained, and how pure is it?

A biochemist I hired made me aware of this issue for chemicals in general, and his thing is to always order pharmaceutical grades when they are available. Food grade doesn't even guarantee you that there are not heavy metals and contaminants (arsenic in rice is at very toxic levels these days). This item isn't even food grade, so it's not wild speculation or worry.

15. nicld

nicld Gold

Here is the one I have for the house. It was on sale when I got it $18.00.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001892AX2...1418651088&sr=1&keywords=Himalayan+salt+lamps

And this is the one that I have at my desk at work.
    http://www.amazon.com/HemingWeigh-N...18651088&sr=8-7&keywords=Himalayan+salt+lamps

I turn on the one at work as soon as I get in. And like I said, I got all sorts of weird feelings when I started using it but that is all gone now.

Jude, the one at home I have on when we are awake and it is in the living room where I sit.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I wouldn't suggest a dimmer switch in a salt lamp, though.

17. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks @nicl.

18. persistence

persistence New Member

This one looks really nice:

http://www.amazon.com/WBM-Himalayan-1326-Natural-Purifying/dp/B001C4AHHE

Since these lamps work by taking moisture out of air, I wonder if we should use a small humidifier with them?

What kinds of feelings were you getting at first?

19. persistence

persistence New Member

What heat setting are you using on that hot plate? I would worry about that not being very stable, fire risk, etc.

20. persistence

persistence New Member

What is the reason for that recommendation?