1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Need to raise FT3 and FT4, also lower TSH

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by david weiss, Jan 11, 2015.

1. david weiss

david weiss New Member

My last thyroid panel was as follows:
    FT4: 0.792, ref range 0.90 to 1.90
    FT3: 1.920, ref range 2.0 to 4.40
    TSH: 4.00, ref range 0.270 to 4.20
    Reverse T3: 14, ref range 8 t0 25
    Negative for antibodies

My question is can I improve these numbers without prescription medicine. My doc started me on Synthyroid, 25mg, and it made me really nauseous, so I stopped. I only took it for 2 days.

Other info: My ASI test is normal, but I have microcytic anemia and my gut is terrible. I just completed Cyrex Assays 3 and 3, as well as the Genova complete stool analysis. With this information I can start working on the gut.

I started the LR 3 months ago, CT 2 months ago, and I am eating a very strict Epi-Paleo diet.

My body temperature averages around 97.3, and I am cold all the time. (Makes CT very challenging.)

Thanks for all replies.

2. T4 is converted to T3 in the gut (20%) and in the liver (80%) showing that thyroid works to help protect our portal circulation from gut inflammation.
    The increased secretion of TSH from the pituitary will affect the liver. It causes the liver to make hsCRP...here is the tie to leptin resistance.
    If your gut is no good, the conversion of T4 to T3 will be impacted. hsCRP will be going up and creating leptin resistance at the hypothalamus, and probably locally at the liver...
    a VAP lipid panel would no doubt show elevated sdLDL and decreased HDL, hsCRP would be valuable too...

3. david weiss

david weiss New Member

Thanks for the reply and clear explanation. I have not checked my hsCRP, but my lipid panel shows an elevated HDL and a low sdLDL.

Still, given your explanation, what should be my course of action? Heal the gut and the thyroid hormones will come up?

One other thing I don't understand, having a bad gut would explain lowered T3. But why is T4 also low?

4. kovita

kovita Gold

David, just stick to epipaleo and other lkfestyle changes you learn on this side. Avoid nnEMF as a poison and load yourself with patience. Spend as much time in the nature as you can and accept and follow it's rhytm and cseasonal changes. Work on your "inner peace" and use your thoughts to help your body to get optimal. This is the best recipe I have discovered so far and it seems to be working for just anyone irrespectively of the individual health situation.

5. david weiss

david weiss New Member

Kovita,

I appreciate your thoughts. Patience is hard, especially since I have been dealing with these issues for many years without seeing any change. I only discovered JK a few months ago, but it has given me renewed hope. For now though, I need to make a decision on taking Synthroid. My doc, who is reluctant to use pharmaceuticals, believes it would be best. Obviously I would rather hear through natural methods. I still would like to hear if anyone on the list has been able to get over non Hashimotos hypothyroid without taking prescription medication. Anyone out there?

6. Marie

Marie New Member

7. kovita

kovita Gold

David, the victories tend to come invisibly slowly irrespectively of our best wishes for instant victories. I know myslef how frustrating a long chronic disease/health issues can be. One gets tired and wants to die or disappear. Patience was never between my virtues, I had to learn to be patient and it surprised me by all I got back! I have no experience with hypothyroidism myself, but sometimes you have to start with drugs and wean ypurself off as you recover your natural ability to maintain your body in it's optimal status.

Danny likes this.