1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Need Tips for keeping Cortisol in check on school mornings

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by bigknitwit, Sep 9, 2012.

1. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Does anyone else feel the strain, as you to help everyone get ready for school? Or church, or soccer, or wherever you're taking young people on a timeline?? I do my best to make the older 3 (11, 9, 6) as independant as possible (I'm going to have no problem if they forget their lunch (no cafeteria) some day). They are actively involved in packing their lunches (in the evening), and getting ready in the morning. But still... My 6 year old left the other morning without eating breakfast. She was served what she asked for, and decided she didn't like the look of it... I figure I have to let them fail to help them succeed independantly, but our mornings are stressful!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

better off not to eat......IFing is good. But yet you stressed over something that was actually good for them. Another neolthic thought thta hurts you yet again. Being a mom is not always optimal. Said that to MJ in BG 8 and it hit her between the eyes.

enyaw likes this.
  3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Bigknitwit,

I'm past those years (my kids are 30 and almost 21), but of course I remember them and of course raising children is sometimes stressfully.

Jack says being a Mom is not always optimal, yet we'll be Mom's for the rest of our lives!

A friend once said to me that Mom's are only as happy as their

enyaw likes this.