1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Need help with labs..

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MartiD, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Well Sh*%! Here they are: I was worried about Hashi's but it appears both antibody test weren't run. I am 99% sure they were marked on form! So how freaked out should I be? Italicized numbers are from last fall:

Fasting Glucose 92 89

cholesteral 288 241

Trig 69 94

HDL 93 67

chol/hdl 3.10

LDL calculated 181 155

LDL/HDL 1.95 2.31

magnesium 1.9 MG/DL 1.6-2.6

Vitamin D 66 88
    NG/ML 30-80

Luteinizing Hormone (LM) 5.8 MIU/ML

FSH 4.7

Free T4 1.26 NG/DL .89-1.76 1.09

T3 Free 2.58 PG/ML 2.30-4.20

TSH 2.577 mIU/L .350-4.00 2.53

T3, reverse 34.9 ng/dl 13.5-34.0

TPO (peroxidase) AB 273.0 iu/ml 5.0

CRP, High .58 .8

2. Yep, you have Hashis! Welcome to the club! The TPO reading showing your AB at 273 is pretty high. I'd be glad to help on the thyroid labs but can you post the ranges on all of them and the units on the FT3?

3. MartiD

MartiD New Member

So do I not need the readings on both Antibody tests? I know it was marked on form because it was same as hubbys which we still have. So frustrating that I can't get the lab to do what is marked. This is the second time!

4. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Ok, so I will book the email consult with Dr. K now that I have some info but from those who have been here what is the first step? I know I have alot of reading to do but my Dr. called today and said he doesn't know what to do about the antibodies reading. So, I need to either educate myself or find a new Dr.!

So, other questions, is there any chance this is a false reading?

Can allergy injections cause this reading to be off?

Shouldn't my TSH reading be really high for Hashi's?

Is there any chance that my diet is the cause of this reading?

5. You should have both tests in case one comes back showing no antibodies the other may show antibodies. I'm not sure if you need the other one since you have TPO antibodies right now you definitely have joined the club. Start eating the AI version of Epi-paleo Leptin Rx.

I suppose you can have a false reading not sure about that but your FT3 and 4 are both low so you have a thyroid issue right there. You also have a very low rT3 ratio (http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio/) which means you are not converting that T4 into usable T3. You are probably fatigued, move slower than you used to, and have that darn foggy brain.

Go to www.stopthethyroidmadness.com for info on Hashis and other thyroid related stuff. After reading the basics on STTM, go back to the blogs here and get the deeper info on how it all affects the whole body. I would find a new doc because Hashis is nothing you want to mess around with.

Don't know about the allergy injections...maybe.

Dr. K has said anything above 2.0 on the TSH can be a sign of a thyroid issue but I know of a doc that uses 1.5. Keep in mind TSH is not the best measure for your thyroid function. FT3, FT4, and rT3 tell you what the thyroid is really doing. The TSH is actually a pituitary reading. I actually don't pay any attn to my TSH any longer. If you are eating a strict paleo/epi-paleo diet it will help your readings and symptoms...at least that was my experience. This is just something you have to work with, shift your thoughts about and treat as necessary. I've been working with it for five years now.

6. MartiD

MartiD New Member

So is it weird that I have been able to lose weight the last year with a hypothyroid issue?

Also, what about CT with Hashi's ? Any rules on that? Have any relevance?

7. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Can someone point me to an article about eggs and AI? I have searched around for different Hashi's protcols and nothing is said about avoiding eggs and dairy.

8. I lost weight with Hashis but it was a struggle, especially never having a weight problem or ever a problem losing 5#. But everyone is different. You are unique! :)

CT w/ Hashis is also an individual thing. I think some people can do it easier than others. I have gotten my temp down to 55-60 and I can do fine for 30 min but then I'm so cold I cannot stand it. Being on T3 has increased my internal temp so I can tolerate the cold water easier than some. The doc will probably have some suggestions for you on that during your consult.

Also the AI eating is referenced on the blog somewhere and in the forum in many places. Search AI and you should be able to find something. I just cannot remember where exactly it is.

9. MartiD

MartiD New Member

So another question is this...since I've been eating eggs and grassed butter everyday for 10 months could that be the cause of my antibodies being so incredible high? I assume it isn't the cause but is it possible it has aggregated the problem?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes..........

11. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Great! I thought I was doing good...guess this explains why labs so important huh? :rolleyes:

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have only been saying it now for two years.............

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

14. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Wow, this is interesting. This Dr. give eggs as an OK for Thyroid Diet. I'm so confused on what is OK and what isn't OK. Every site I go to is different!

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Until I get a better handle on what I really need I will eliminate all eggs, dairy, nightshades and gluten. The gluten isn't a big deal as I really have done that for over a year. Hubby will have to finish up the KerryGold for me. I will look for some Ghee today but don't know anything about it as far as what I would do with it.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Go once again over:

BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx

http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/#comments

18. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Just read through and made a shopping list. I am not a big nightshade eater anyway, other than tomatoes in the summer, but can you define "high HS CRP and low Vit D" with some broad ranges? I know you like HS CRP as close to zero and mine dropped from .8 to .5 in 5 months but Vit D went from 71 to 62. HDL is up and at a good level though.

19. shilohman

shilohman New Member

The problem with what some Dr. has posted on the internet is that there is no context to the information. For your context i.e. you have antibodies, then eggs/dairy are not your friend.