1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

NEED ADVICE: PREGNANT, SLIGHTLY ELEVATED TSH, HOW MUCH LUGOLS?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Amber Ament, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Hi I am currently adding 3 drops of J Crows 2% iodine to my water and have been for ages as advised on this site. I live in Australia and use tank water.
    My circumstances have changed nd I am now 14 weeks pregnant and my Thyroid level has come back.
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: 5.7 IU/L (normal range is 0.50 - 4.0)
    free thyroxine (ft4) : 12 pmol/L (which is within normal range)

I am 42years of age if that makes any difference.

My question is how do I need to ingest of what I am currently taking, how much is too much?
    Also does heating the water I put it in effect it?
    Any information would be really appreciated, I do not know how to calculate this to know what I am actually taking.

2. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

@JanSz Are you able to assist or offer advice? :)

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For many years (15 or 20 years) I am using (daily) (J Crows 2% Lugols)
    I am using one full dropper, that is squeezing the rubber top maximally then releasing it.
    That is about 20-24 drops. (twenty - twenty-four)
    I put that into my coffee.

4. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thank you for letting me know what you do, and I am sorry I meant to write 3 drops per litre of water.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

All the best to you and your unborn baby.
    Sometimes within 3-5 weeks my grandbaby #4 will be born.

[​IMG]

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thank you! I was a slight 'miracle'. I have been religious about sitting in the sun for at least 2 hours naked everyday and watching the sun rise, (I am also a gardener), in an attempt to heal my gut. Just before being scheduled to have a colonoscopy, pregnancy happened instead, thanks Sun, we actually thought it was impossible!! My last babies were 20/22 years ago.
    My body does not seem to be absorbing vitamin D though as much as I would have hoped, it was 85, and has now dropped to 70? I've been told to eat more fatty meats to help with absorption, I don't use sunscreen - European descent so no need to. I am about to do some more research on how I can get my body to absorb more vitamin D, I surely get enough sun, so far this is telling me I still possibly have a form of IBD even though since pregnancy symptoms have eased to almost nothing.
    Congratulations on your 4th grandbaby. :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

congratulations Amber. I, personally, would be very careful with self treating.

Amber Ament and Daulatwant like this.
  8. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Untitled.jpg
    This is a decent blue print for what to eat. Except most fish oils are rancid and contaminated. Canned seafood can also be contaminated with mineral oils. If you can harvest the livers and fat deposits(arround the guts) from fresh wild caught fish that would be best(mackerel, herring, sardines is a great option, doesn't have to break the bank)

John Schumacher and Amber Ament like this.
  9. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

That's from the "The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care" (Weston A. Price Foundation).

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My body does not seem to be absorbing vitamin D though as much as I would have hoped, it was 85, and has now dropped to 70?
    =============================================

Post uniits.
    85nmol/L is indeed low
    but
    85ng/mL not so bad, actually rather good

upload_2020-10-18_9-21-58.png

Amber Ament likes this.
  11. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thank you I am aware of this, but the doctors are giving me the shits and don't seem to really understand what is good or not. I still have no idea how much to take, I have a nutritionist/naturopath helping me out. ;)

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I take 10000 iu every day of vitamin D
    plus whatever sun I get
    plus 8 minutes naked front and 8 minutes naked back
    of Red Sperti
    from a very close distance, often touching the lamp.

Originally I have very white skin, now rater dark.
    I take subcutaneous shots of MT-II (melanotan) to increase the amount of melanin.
    Image33d--birthDay.jpg
    ////////////////////////

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

what do they suggest?

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

looking good Jan :p

Amber Ament likes this.
  15. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Still waiting on that, she was concerned I was taking too much already, so I have explained that it was only 3 drops per litre of water which does not seem very much, and I use this water for cooking also but apparently you lose 51 - 75% of iodine once heated.
    I've been so confused with what doctors are saying I am pretty much done with them, trying to scare me at every instance cause of my age, ffs. The midwives I have hired have been amazing and reassuring me everything is fine. My TSH level is only slightly elevated and not a reason for concern at this point. Apparently a more natural way to even this out is to eat more mushrooms everyday and being retested in 6 weeks to see if any further concerns...doc wanted me to start taking thyroxine immediately. :rolleyes:

Yes looking good @JanSz !

16. Penny

Penny New Member

Greetings and congrats on your baby:) Go to a site called "Stop the Thyroid Madness" and they have all the dosings, cofactors etc required - I used to be on thyroid pills and I was still cold with a pulse of 50 - so I came home from the blood bank and took all the cofactors and within 5 minutes I had a pulse and my temperature was normal - I think it's magnesium (but Jack Kruse said recently that low mag=low IR light as your mito will make ATP just with red light alone), salt (very important), b1,b2, and some version of b3 and of course selenium - you can get a thermometer and pulsometer to see how these cofactors affect you (they measure temp and puls) - you can also shine a red light on your thyroid and get it to go - you are in Australia so your water is awful because of the ozone hole (I think?) - I think that means you have too much deuterium in the water - always take selenium (or eat 4 peeled brazil nuts or 2 brazil nuts in the shell) - also seafood has selenium - anyway, always take selenium before iodine so it converts to its active form - I really screwed myself up by taking too much - unless it's something else, who knows... eat seafood, and avoid wifi/blue light - concentrate on your circadean clock and your baby will be fine - I had my first kid when I was 38 and my second one when I was 40 - they were both born on their due dates and I had zero trouble conceiving them - I am always outside and feel great because of it - keep your stress down is all I have to say - meditate, listen to falling water - I like Rachmoninoff - the 2nd and especiallly the third piano concerto - all of this sort of thing keep your cells in "resonance" - mushrooms have lots of b vitamins and so does liver which I would eat once a week for its vitamin a and b - as far as more sun, take one cup of epsom salts and mix it with one cup of water and put it in a spray bottle - you will make more vitamin d and as an added bonus, it acts like sunscreen - morning sun is amazing for you - look up tensegrity 7 - a great blog on how the sun sulfates cholesterol to make vitamin d - epsom sals have magnesium *sulfate" - JK says it is a lot safer eating seaweed than taking lugol's - look up brain gut 6 and it tells you what to eat and what all the different seaweeds do - eat seafood especially oysters for their zinc content - and if you need any more help, we are here for you:) I would also take Armour pig thyroid over thyroxine any day of the week... an analogy, just because I hand you a book to read, doesn't mean you will read it...

17. Penny

Penny New Member

Jack Kruse said everyone should be on 5000IU of vitamin d per day - there is a vitamin d blog on this site - https://jackkruse.com/the-sunshine-of-your-life/

Also, the vitamin d council has a great protocol on how to increase your d very quickly...

Amber Ament likes this.
  18. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thanks so much for this, I am reading it right now, wish I had a printer but I downloaded it and reading with the internet off and blu blockers on. Wish I asked for advice weeks ago. I kinda did somewhere on here but got no response, but they were old threads :)

Dan2 likes this.
  19. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thank you Penny! I have been doing most of what you said but I can't get my head around eating liver, it's disgusting and makes me wanna throw up when not pregnant. In saying that though I have had no morning sickness at all and I'm 14 weeks now.
    I have been eating seaweed, I might just stick with that...and yes our water is shite, that is why I've been putting iodine in water to help 'purify', it's really the only option I have.
    I don't like mushrooms either but I got some powder I can tolerate and have more coming that is a better brand and blend. I've been following Jack for awhile now (even got on Patreon - but I'm not smart enough) and eat sardines 4 times a week at least, I can't eat dairy. I'm looking up all the links you've advised as soon as I finish this post. It's an annoyance that everything I need to see is online and this makes me stay inside more and get less sun..I have been restricting screen time to a bare minimum for some time now, even became a gardener to avoid it as well. :)
    We even had the house assessed by Cyril Bourke the other day, he's done a talk with Jack, look up Health Express World. We now turn off one of the electricity circuits at night to minimise dirty power running through the house while we sleep. I've also been meditating for the first time in my life...I will look at the music you advised. Thanks again so much. :)
    Oh I was told that I shouldn't eat oysters/mussels cause of the toxins in them with baby on board. :thumbsdown:

20. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

"I have been doing most of what you said but I can't get my head around eating liver, it's disgusting and makes me wanna throw up when not pregnant."

You could try cutting it into small pieces and freezing them raw, then washing the little pieces down without chewing with water, like a more affordable liver supplement.

"Oh I was told that I shouldn't eat oysters/mussels cause of the toxins in them with baby on board."

Do you live close enough to the coast that you can get fresh oysters? Oyster farms are often located on bays with relatively clean water because what the oysters filter from the water affects the taste. I don't know much about it, but I think the current patterns affect water quality, and when the geography and current patterns and nearby environment make for good clean oyster-growing water, sometimes there'll be several farms wanting to use that location. Like this:

https://www.google.com/search?clien...m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1

(if that doesn't work search "Willapa Bay OR oysters")

Maybe some oyster farms are close enough to a city or the estuary of a polluted river to be polluted. But I think oysters from clean bays in North America are one of the least polluted seafoods.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020