1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nearly 4 hour podcast with Laszlo Boros last week

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Johnny DeMarco, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Johnny DeMarco

Johnny DeMarco New Member

Who has watched this 4 hour podcast with Luke Storey and Dr. Laszlo Boros?
    https://www.lukestorey.com/lifestyl...eard-of-w/-dr-que-collins-dr-laszlo-boros-165

I have a reason for posting in this forum.
    It costs $75 to send a water sample to these folks to test for deuterium. I can't seem to find the deuterium levels of some commercial waters that I'm drinking.
    What about that Icelandic glacier bottled water?
    Has anyone heard of Asarasi water? Water that is bottle from maple tree water?
    What about Gerolsteiner vs San Pellegrino vs Mountain Valley ? Sure would love to know the deuterium levels of all these waters. No, I don't think they are 85 ppm, but would like to be buying the best I can get for my daily consumption.
    Thanks all !

Mayuri and gas12345 like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In that video above, there is a discussion on that topic.
    Conclusion
    If you are trying to get water where low deuterium is significantly low,
    skip all natural waters.
    Get man made for that purpose.

Matrix water is 105ppm
    If you are drinking anything over, you are not helping.

Note there
    the discussion
    that people drink (unnecessarily) too much.

Dean6789 and Johnny DeMarco like this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Yet you see Dr K drinking water on stage or when doing a podcast. This interview is good,lots of info but I am not sure Dr Boros has a position on all the things we have a position on,like EMF for example. To say that you are not helping when drinking over 105 ppm is a simplification. It is not helping if it is the only thing you do. It also depends on your starting point.

On topic, in the big DDW water thread we had values of waters.Someone mentioned Gerolsteiner was promising after talking to the company, and that they were sending off for results .I will find the thread.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

From that video.
    sedentary person makes (1.0 - 1.5)L/day matrix water.
    From 1 unit of weight of fat we make 1.1 matrix water
    Boros eats bacon and olive oil.

From 1 kilo of olive oil we make 1.1 L =1.1 kilo of matrix water
    To make 1.5Liter of matrix water 1.5/1.1=1.36 kilos of olive oil is need or 1.36/0.8=1.7 liters
    oil is about 0.8 kg per liter

Liter of Qlarivia cost $17
    Liter of olive oils cost about $11.50
    yes
    olive oil is healthier and cheaper

for starters, one 2L bottle/day when moving around

.. upload_2018-10-8_8-47-16.png

Mayuri and Johnny DeMarco like this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I repeat my question on this the Jack Kruse forum. Why have we not heard this here nor do we see it in action? Your figures are probably good. If I wanted to use them I would need to reason them out for myself but you have entered in a post where someone is asking about water and are equating the cost of water to olive oil. What else could/would happen if I was to restrict my water intake and go for heightened fat intake only ? Do you know ?
    Dr K posted this reaction on the other thread about the Dr Boros video. I am still muddling through that one. https://www.facebook.com/drjackkrus...d=1538850899526334&notif_t=page_post_reaction

Sean Waters likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Lahelada
    Thank you for your attention.

If I wanted to use them I would need to reason them out for myself
    =================
    In that video only dr Boros said what he was drinking and eating.
    Dr O, started with joke and newer described what he does.

About dr Boros, from another of his videos,
    his twin brother died of cancer
    he have two cancers himself
    so I would say that he goes with full pedal to the medal with what he thinks he knows.
    ==================
    I am also confused with his video when
    on the beginning he is describing life

time 8:40
    deuterium level on Earth was very low way back then, 15-20000 years ago, was 10-15ppm lower
    people lived 600-700 years

Boros said 115-100ppm may have been the normal during cavemen times 15-20000 years ago the ocean vapores had 10ppm less than now, easier on all earth biology to deal with that deuterium level
    (Plans to check deuterium level in yet unborn babies to get more solid view on D).

So I thought that he would go into advising drinking of DDW-25 if not for anything else then to increase longevity.

But latter he
    discourages people from drinking DDW-25 only
    for the reason that in case that latter on they would develop cancer he would not have a ways of helping them.

About eating and drinking when thinking of deuterium.
    I was not clear when thinking of DDW and that video got this cleared for me.
    We run on matrix water (the fact that joining H & O creates energy is incidental) most energy comes from sun anyhow.
    1.--So, we, (our biology), runs on matrix water.
    2.--The water that we drink newer mixes with matrix water
    3.--If we want to keep running we have to eat fat (drinking water is a side story, biologically).

=========================================
    one more

I am not clear about what dr Boros said when he said that he have a high ADH (AntiDiureticHormone).

1- does drinking minimal amounts of water makes his ADH go up
    or
    2- he have a high ADH so he is able to drink minimal amounts of water
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    About ADH
    I have my own story.
    ADH=vassopressin
    Desmopressin Acetate=synthetic ADH
    is sold as 10 mcg/(0.1mL)
    that is to large amount of ADH for anything I may need (I found)
    but
    when I mixed it with sterile water to get
    0.83 mcg or 1.66 mcg
    To be similar to a drug that is about to be produced
    Noctiva (desmopressin acetate) Nasal Spray for Nocturia in Adults
    I got interesting results.

The story of ADH may be continued, if @Jack Kruse or dr Boros decide to talk about it.

//////////////////////

Lahelada likes this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Now we are cooking with water or Olive oil! We "argue"well together. I have also put ADH on my list. My reason being that I read a paper that links dopamin,leptin and lack of thirst. Obesity is tied to a lack of thirst for water. Coke goes down by the gallon,water even makes some people retch. The first thought would be deuterium.

I believe that we run on matrix water. How much external water we need I do not know.
    Remember the limits of surviving without water. Is that the size of our camel's hump? Why do we not crave a piece of pork belly when dehydrated to delirium point but an ice cold beer, or dream of oceans? Febrile imagination ?

I have been thinking about the Tarahumara for a long time. However my question is whether we can flip the switch just like that or if there is a Piper to be paid. After all if we were prepared to live like the Tarahumara or Hadza we would have said goodbye a long time ago? We need more info than this video.
    I second your call for Dr Kruse to Wade in.

Edit: You have another issue with olive oil. Your source and it's Shelf/ storage life. I can get olive oil from Mendoza San Juan or Catamarca from this year. If your olive oil needs to be imported you have little control of freshness as you only get the expiry date but not the bottling date.

JanSz likes this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Lahelada
    Attached are my doodles on making my own strength of desmopressin.
    Any improvements additions etc, are welcomed.

Attached Files:

10. Penny

Penny New Member

I thought this was pretty good:
    https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/need-know-vasopressin-role-chronic-health-issues/#

Dean6789 likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I had a huge issue with that podcast done with Luke. A lot of marketing and not enough science from Q especially.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    Science comes from dr Boros.
    Do you agree with what he was saying?

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jansz if you listen carefully I did not hear a ton of science. Dr. B is expert on the biochemistry of deuterium.......but there is a lot more about biophysics of deuterium that went uncovered and those points are far more important to the black swan.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This won't be popular but it is true from my point of view and I think JanSz you need to hear it and consider it.

MARKETING vs LEADERSHIP: You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Q has this mindset down well. The real leader makes sure before they allow any person to buy anything, they attempt to get them focused on what really matters first. A real leader wants them to eliminate the unecessary and focus upon the extraordinary so that what “they want” is something that really can advance their life. That is leadership that brings true value to those who do not know any better. Often times, leaders will lead others not where they initially think they want to go, but they will guide them to where they ought to be. The marketing leader will jut lead them to what they want with no concern of efficacy or effectiveness for their ultimate goals. Short term marketers always look good. But the game of life is not about quick benefits. It is about sustained success.

Great marketers will take people as far as they will go, not as far as people really should go because it would limit the profits. Great leaders won’t let people settle for less. Nothing liberates your greatness like the true desire to help, the desire to serve mankind. They may not like the manner in which you do it initially, but when they see the value you can bring to masses of people they will respect you. Leaders never look for followers. Look for future change agents.

PalmBeach1, SusanR, Penny and 6 others like this.

16. ^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree

17. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 New Member

Jack what are you're thoughts on Dr. Boros only drinking roughly 8 oz of water a day and instead eating/burning fat to make the majority of his DDW?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think you need to put it together......he lives in LA and had bad cancer and then used DDW and a ketogenic diet and lives half the year in a sparsely populated area of Europe. I think his environmental change is the key part of his story and not how much water he drinks.

19. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Jack what webinars can you point us to for uncovering more of the dynamics of deutrium? and how to properly use DDW to improve conditions?

JanSz likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    I am really glad that you have decided to dig out and publish so much science and more important to connect the dots.
    There is nobody else having this type of mind set (and willing to share).
    The way I look at you Jack, and dr Boros.
    You have given us the three legged stool,
    and
    about last November brought dr Boros to the picture.
    I knew about dr Boros previously, but without you I was not able to appreciate his value.
    Dr Boros is not Black Swan Mitochondriac you would wish he would become.
    But dr Boros is a really big helper with the leg responsible for the water.
    There is still more about deuterium, I am sure you will let us know about, in time.

I am drinking DDW for 303 days as of today.
    And was thinking why I should worry that much about eating keto.
    I think I got my answer.

As it is now,
    this 4 hour podcast with Laszlo Boros
    make me realize, or rather suspect, that we may not need that much DDW to drink, possibly we do not need it at all.
    We run on water, matrix water (105ppm D/H).
    Matrix water, eventually become water in cytosol, latter extra cellular and then is peed out.
    In managing water we are not as efficient as camel, scorpion or snake,
    so we need to drink some water.
    But we are drinking too much.
    By drinking less many currently obese people could balance their weight easier.
    Drinking less should raise ADH and save many night trips to the bathroom, improving on sleep.

Drinking less would increase matrix water's (105ppm) participation in overall body's water balance, that means overall lowering of deuterium ppm in the body.

I hope, you, would expand on that (practical) point of view.