1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Neanderthal and Heteroplasmy

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Huck, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

You have 282 Neanderthal variants.

Could having a high number of neanderthal DNA variants result in a higher level of heteroplasmy?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jan's
    Neanderthal variants

This is more than
    98% of 23andMe Customers

3. Huck

Huck Silver

I had a grandfather from Germany which is probably where I got my Neanderthal genes from.

4. Debntx

Debntx New Member

an interesting question - according to 23andme - i have a % rating - not sure how many genes that is - 2.7% - of course, which ones? :)

actually i just now looked: 284 neanderthal gene variants

i can only hope for myself that if genes have anything to do with heteroplasmy that it be in the good direction -

definitely more reading on my part

5. pathtonature

pathtonature New Member

Curious if any of you have found an answer to the Neanderthal connection. I'm dealing with chronic mitochondrial issues and looking at all the possibilities to optimize- especially interested in best climate/place to heal in for those of us with higher neanderthal variants.
    Lisa's
    Neanderthal variants

This is more than
    99% of 23andMe Customers

6. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I am not so sure that some mixed Neanderthals didn't survive the supposed 'die-off' about 40,000 years ago. I see a few occasionally in public now and again.

All joking aside, they were not crude cavemen but fairly advanced homo sapiens with a larger brain than us (admittedly their big brains did not save them).