1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Naviaux: Mitochondrial Etiology of Neolithic Disease

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Lucien Burke, Feb 10, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018 at 3:13 PM
  2. Lucien Burke

Lucien Burke New Member

The biggest take home message I got from watching all those lectures was:

LIFE DOESN'T NEED ORGANIC SUBSTRATES TO ARISE, IT MAKES THEM FROM SCRATCH. INSTEAD, LIFE RELIES ON REDOX DISEQUILIBRIUM.

Life skirts the second law of thermodynamics by the simple fact that it is a dissipative structure, meaning it is an OPEN system that operates out of thermodynamic equilibrium and exchanges energy and matter with its external environment. Dissipative structures rely on dissipative engines aka redox bifurcations that are METASTABLE, meaning they can react at different time scales. Dissipative structures like mitochondria are similar to tornadoes, stars, and galaxies in this way...

Biochemists who focus on substrates are completely missing the boat when it comes to dissipative structures...

This is also where current mitochondrial medicine falls short. They are missing the biophysics piece.

My biggest curiosity going forward is how mitochondrial function outside of mtDNA mutation and heteroplasmy percentage affects neolithic disease phenotypes.

Mitochondria are semi-autonomous, and self defense is natures oldest law.

mitochondria's primary role is cell defense, and energy generation is secondary. Naviaux sparked my curiosity because he describes mitochondrial functions that occur before the heteroplasmic threshold is reached. In other words, how are mitochondria responding to nnEMF, flouride, and other mito toxins BEFORE they're heteroplastic to create disease.

I think this is an interesting area for mitochondrial medicine to explore.
    Annemarie Heise and Theka like this.
  3. Lucien Burke

Lucien Burke New Member

haha he sounds like a mad scientist during some of his lectures

dude let me know when you get a chance to spend some time with him, I have a couple questions written down!
    Matty_M likes this.
  4. Theka

Theka Gold

"Life skirts the second law of thermodynamics by the simple fact that it is a dissipative structure, meaning it is an OPEN system......."

The assumption of a closed system has held us back for years.
    Matty_M, Lucien Burke and Lahelada like this.
  5. Lucien Burke

Lucien Burke New Member

6. Allin

Allin New Member

I wonder taking Dichloroacetic acid can improve the energy in the cell or redox of body?